2015-05-17 (updated 2015-05-21)
- "Last update" column now available in games search page
- Three new xreferences were added : VGMdb, Game-OST.com albums, Game-OST.com games
- Fixed links to search Google for SKU, UPC and EAN xrefs.
- Temporarily removed the details about users marking games as own etc.
- Displayed the ratings charts below the collapsabe sections, until ratings, votes and reviews are merged in one proper section
- Improvements to the gallery logic
- New layout for tags column wasting less space (best option should be to move the editing actions to the a proper section in the same page and have two customized layouts )
- The new game info page is now online

2015-05-17 (updated 2015-05-17)
Great so far.

One tiny issue I experience with image thumbnails of game entries. I guess it should work in the way that there is no longer a limit of images/thumbnails shown on the game info page (or the limit is much higher than before). This is great and looks quite good with 10+ images per game in the way they are ordered now.

I also guess that the main ingame image is meant to be the bigger image at the top and is not part of the thumbnail collection under the main image where the rest of the images are displayed. So far so good.

But on two occasions now I have seen this main image to be part of the thumbnail collection under the main image and one other image to be not part of the thumbnail collection at all. After I made a little edit by making another image to main image and then make old main image to main image again the info page had the main image removed from thumbnail collection and placed the formerly "missing" thumbnail there.

The two games I noticed this are:
http://www.uvlist.net/game-7727-Donkey+Kong
here the title screen was not part of the thumbnail collection, until I switched main image temporarily. Now its fine.

http://www.uvlist.net/game-201940-Cabelas+Big+Game+Hunter+2005+Adventures
here the package shot was not shown in the thumbnails... now after short edit of main image it is shown as thumbnail as I guess it should be.

Maybe will find another such example and then I will not make an edit to show what I mean how it looks to be false.

Edit:
I found one of such entries with the image issue:
http://www.uvlist.net/game-7719-Devil+World
-> Instead of the title screen in the thumbnails, the main ingame image is present in the thumbnails.

Thank you for providing the example, please don't edit that game, I'll dig it later.

Edit
now I'm using the same logic as before.
This will change as soon as the galley will show the cover/title/ingame pics as already discussed.

Edit
Now the cover/title/ingame images have priority on the other thumbnails and are displayed in this order.
When these priority images are missing, there is no placeholder.
So far looks great.

Looks good.

I can't find the "Edit external review" link.

EDIT: Then, I found it :)

2015-05-19
re: Latest UVL updates
- Three new xreferences were added : VGMdb, Game-OST.com albums, Game-OST.com games

There's some other potential things having been reported for that here: /forum/thread/39537/#80729

2015-05-19
The indev, cancelled, onhold, prototype, etc. warnings have disappeared by the way.

2015-05-19
Barely complete game entries look very bare to visitors. Perhaps editor invitations and/or change requests should could be place holders for missing data?

And everything looks ordered, clean, very uniform, which is better than before. But, just a thought here, what do other editors think of coloring each section in some way?

2015-05-19
But, just a thought here, what do other editors think of coloring each section in some way?

You know whats funny? Over the many years I remember to have had a few dreams that included UVL in some way. And when I had it was always the old "colored" version where the sections "game" "resources" etc. were on the left side and had different colors per section.

It is still available under the old "uvlist.com" address via archive.org.
https://web.archive.org/web/20020921054202/http://www.uvlist.com/

I love that somehow. Surely mostly nostalgia. But thats my vote for coloring sections...

Oh and I just surfed around the old site version... oh those memories. The Top 50 section... the "Latest 10 NEW games added"... why isn't this available any more so prominently... oh oh oh. I'd better stop now ;-)

2015-05-19
"red" statuses are back!

2015-05-20
re: re:

It is still available under the old "uvlist.com" address via archive.org.
https://web.archive.org/web/20020921054202/http://www.uvlist.com/

WOW, i never saw UVL like that, thanks for this!

2015-05-20
"red" statuses are back!

shouldn't vaporware be red as well?

2015-05-21
I restored the same behavior as before, so vaporware wasn't but could (and will) be added.

Thanks Teran, I remember that layout too!
But is is like when someone sees a photo of you at age of 5 ... could be a bit embarrassing :D

Dreaming about UVL ... wow!

Going to see about the xrefs to fix / add.

Games with few data look bare. I agree, not sure about how to fix this in a clean way.

Colors. Yeah, But they should be used with the clear objective to guide the user.
Are we talking about the collapsible sections, right?

2015-05-21
Vaporware added:
http://www.uvlist.net/game-16820-Duke+Nukem+Forever

2015-05-21 (updated 2015-05-21)
re: re:
"red" statuses are back!

No, considering it's used for entries that were that in the past. Not only for things that are it right now. I guess I could split it into status tag and past status, but that seems kinda pointless since those that are vaporware currently also have another red flag (likely indev or onhold).

Considering it was added for red flagging, I'd like to separate it red status tag and non red status flag comparable to black sheep.

2015-05-21
With the new layout, I think the alternate game titles could be one per line and possibly inside collapsible block if there's like 5 or more. I mean instead of the old A / B / C style on one line.

2015-05-22
re: re: re:

No, considering it's used for entries that were that in the past.

sorry, I totally forgot games don't lose their vaporware label at UVL. too sleepy, shouldn't do computery things in the middle of the night.

2015-05-23
Removing it seemed like too much of a maintenance chore and it seemed more useful in the same sense as black sheep was, that the game spent exceptionally long in development especially with long periods of time when the status of the game was uncertain. And as I said, if it was current status tag, then it would fully overlap with indev and onhold or similar tags and contribute nothing useful.

2015-05-27
Barely complete game entries look very bare to visitors. Perhaps editor invitations and/or change requests should could be place holders for missing data?

I like that idea.

2015-05-30
How do I remove broken/removed videos in the new overlay?

2015-06-11
Addition of the median, for the game reviews, would be great in my opinion.

Look at Streets of Rage for Game Gear: it has "only" 74.2% average because one reviewer didn't like the game at all, otherwise other reviewers gave it good score. Here, the median of 82% would be more significant (of course, keep mean score too, as the most interesting is to see both scores).

But calculating median is irrelevant when there is only one or two scores, so maybe it can appear only for games with at least 3 reviews.

2015-06-12
How do I remove broken/removed videos in the new overlay?

I also have the problem. There does not seem to be a way to "edit" video/media articles.

Another little issue which I don't know is working as intended: I cannot see who marked a game with "own" "played" etc. Only the total number is given, but no chance to expand it to see the names.

(all this on Firefox browser)

2015-06-14
I have added the median as suggested by dandyboh.

To edit/delete a video, now in the editor area there is the "Edit articles/links" section. The ones marked with "type 13" are the videos.

2015-06-16
Thanks.

Also just noticed companies that don't exist in the database no longer pop up a warning in the game status box. They aren't red either anymore. I don't think this is related to the layout change tho. Was this intentional?

2015-06-19
Thanks for the median.

I juste noticed that the Edit game releases page is all screwed up. Labels and inputs are strangely positionned, and the "Add a new row" sometimes doesn't work (I was able to add a new row only once).

I would really like to exploit this functionality as I think that the main missing part of UVL is the impossibility to see releases of a game. We don't know which country, which re-edition, which limited version, which budget version the game was released.

2015-07-16
Andrea, could you do something about those unrelated tags that appear on every group page with only few games, such as this one? 68k, africa, addons, etc..., every one of them except claiming-area, mame and boulderdash-like should not be seen there.