Feature Req for editing/comments.

2016-06-13 (updated 2016-06-13)
I've come across many an alarming number of comments, reviews, videos, and general edits that are obviously meant for a similarly titled game on another system.

When someone makes a comment or edits a game, can we show text and pictures of the system and crossed out text pictures of systems that are not being selected? Also, display pictures of the game (if available) and crossed out pictures of ports, clones, etc? Basically have the editor confirm which game they are editing. Kinda like the Clone warning?

You are editing an Atari 8-bit Game. This is NOT an Atari ST, Atari 2600, Atari VCS, Atari 5200, or Atari 7800 game. You are not editing Game X for Intellivision, Game Y for Apple ][, or Game Z for Colecovision.

Example image

I myself have been guilty of misplatforming an article, and edit, or even entire games. I wouldn't mind reminders to prevent me from that.

EDIT:
And duplicate check below the title?

A game with the same title already exists on this platform. Please verify that it is not the game you are about to enter.

2016-06-13
In-place editing would solve some of those needs.

2016-06-13
Just delete or correct the information. If that means a short review has to be deleted then it has to be. If it is from an active editor maybe ask in those cases first, but if it is just some wrong facts, delete it. Your proposal of a visual reminder seems to be more of an annoyance than really helpful.

In the end it is another request that only makes sense once Andrea is "back" and willing to implement new things. Did someone collect all change/improvement requests so far?

(For the moment I would rather have some more platforms in UVL than anything else - you know for all those which are tagged right now. I nearly deleted one or two Amstrad CPC or MS-DOS games because I thought they were duplicates, because I overlooked one entry had the tag "amstradpcw" or "tandy" and thus its meant to be a different version.)

2016-06-13
Your proposal of a visual reminder seems to be more of an annoyance than really helpful.

Fair enough. How about making it optional on the preference page, on by default.