Mega Drive / Genesis

2007-04-16 (updated 2010-10-24)
I've finished, at last, to clean up the Mega Drive section... Added information, screenshots, some tags, merging identical games...

Well, there are still a few games that I think they don't exist or names are not the good ones...

Bloodlines may be Castlevania Bloodlines, but I don't understand why it's edited as "Electronic Arts" and "1995".
Darxside may be DarXide on the Mega Drive 32X. I'm sure that it's a typo for DarXide 32X, this game does not exist Deleted
Dshing => I've found none informations on this game. Maybe Dashing Desperadoes ?? Deleted
Japanese Board Game => ?????? Deleted
Japanese RPG may be Maten RPG, I'm not sure. Deleted
Japanese Soccer may be J-League Soccer. Deleted
John Madden 95 SuperBowl Edition may be John Madden NFL 95 ? I'm not sure, but I've found none informations on "John Madden SuperBowl"...
Mahjong Champions => ???????? To delete ?
starquest => ???????? To delete ? Deleted
The Legend of Air Cavalry => this game exists on Arcade, but none informations found about a Mega Drive portage... To delete ? Deleted

That's it for now, I've already merged the games that I was SURE they were the same games with alt-names, but I'm not sure for the 10 games above

2007-04-16
Really a great job! Now it's the most complete platform beside the smaller Fairchild Ch. F and RCA Studio II !
Let's see if I can help.

- Bloodlines appears to be made by Tony Barnes, and he has made some MD games, but couldn't find more info.

- About Darxide, the [[link:http://www.dadgum.com/giantlist/list.html giant list of classic game programmers]] (many years ago the author said that I was free to use it in UVL, never did btw) states:

Braben, David
*Elite, with Ian Bell (1984, BBCB, Acornsoft) C64 version released in 1985
Lander (1987, ARC) early demo of Zarch that shipped with Acorn machines
Zarch (1988, ARC, Superior) later "Virus" for AMI
Frontier: Elite II (1993, AMI)
Frontier: First Encounters (1995, PC, GameTek)
Darxside (1995, GEN, Sega)
Virus 2000 (1998, PC)

I would trust him. (note: Bloodlines doesn't appear in that list)

- Dshing looks like a typo. I would delete it.

- Japanese Board Game [[link:http://www.eidolons-inn.net/old/etg/gt2.htm here]] there is Shougino, classified as "Japanese Board Game".

- Japanese RPG and Japanese Soccer ... absurd titles, delete them

- John Madden 95 SuperBowl Edition, as the name says may be a game re-release for the SuperBowl. I'm not really into SuperBowl and related games BTW. (last time have seen something related was about <i>that</i> Janet Jackson show!)

- Mahjong Champions, starquest. No info about them.

- The Legend of Air Cavalry. no info other the arcade version.

Perhaps one of the ~30000 (30K) people that monthly visits us <b>knows one of these Megadrive games</b>?

2007-07-11
Just updated my post to show deleted games.

[[quote:Japanese Board Game here there is Shougino, classified as "Japanese Board Game". ]]

I think this game called Shougino is [[gameid:161622 Shogi no Hoshi]] (Shogi is a japanese board game). Can't compare with the link Andrea gave cause images are broken (and download links too). I think [[gameid:9891 Japanese Board Game]] might be deleted.

Don't know what to think for Bloodlines...

I think that Mahjong Champions is another name for one of these japanese mahjong game, or maybe an obscure chinese or korean game. I'm not sure.

I think Starquest and The Legend of Air Cavalry don't exist on Megadrive (Star Quest is an Intellivision game, The Legend of Air Cavalry is an arcade game).

I still think that Darxside is a typo for DarXide on Megadrive 32X.

[[quote:John Madden 95 SuperBowl Edition, as the name says may be a game re-release for the SuperBowl. I'm not really into SuperBowl and related games BTW.]]

You may be right. I think this game shouldn't be deleted.