New upcoming EU legislation might impact UVL

2018-09-13
Explain why and in what form it might affect UVL.

2018-09-13
I can understand and agree with the basic idea behind these laws, but the internet as it is now does not work like that...
Not sure how this will work, but I expect tons of "copyright trolls" that will give annoyances to any site with content made by anyone else.
UVL (a no-profit website) has images from video games made by others ... The disclaimer on the footer should be enough, I hope.

2018-09-17
The basic drive for the legislation is sound, but what it enforces is not. It's completely disconnected from what internet is used for and seems to be written by people who don't use the internet.
Explain why and in what form it might affect UVL.

As I understood it, it requires moderating user posted content before it is made available to the public. User comments most noticeably. It also makes posting content About the games very difficult. It makes posting quotes from news publications right out illegal without paying them for it. There's a bunch.

2018-09-18
As a little silver lining, UVL might qualify for the exception for being too small.

2018-09-18
Before we possibly might become a target, there are a million more sites with more problematic content. I mean... who wants to sue UVL for posting game screenshots and maybe box shots and box blurbs? In the end we make games visible, which means its advertising for the games. It is surely interesting how this affects internet sites in gerenal, but I think we are totally safe.

2018-09-25
which means its advertising for the games

This is the general argument I've seen against the legislation, that they're banning the things that are helping those that the legislation is supposed to help.

It's really bad, and I dearly hope it doesn't get voted to pass on the next phase. Sadly the focus on the internet that it's a meme ban is not helping, I don't think, those are the least important thing affected by the entire legislation, IMO.