Informal tag group suggestions

2020-02-29
More or less a question to Andrea. I recognize more and more tag suggestions while editing games. But its for "informal" groups. Should we actually add the game to the informal group? I always thought informal groups are not meant to be filled with games, but why the prominent suggestions to add them?

2020-03-29
Not really sure the meaning of informal group, but I'm adding suggestions to games still without a genre tag, and based other game elements the suggestion is displayed.

2020-03-30
When I enter a platform game it gives the suggestion to add a tag platformer. My question is whether to add the tag as well, although the genre already clearly states its a platformer. The group "platformer" says its an informal group. So I don't know whether this is meant to be just for being a sort of container group only or if it should be actively tagged.

2020-04-05
Their status as informal might change if we're moving towards having the core information as tags. Otherwise the suggestion is somewhat spurious but I don't think it can be avoided without adding a flag to the group.