About Limited capacity

2008-05-20 (updated 2010-06-29)
A manner of realism in the sense that you aren't a walking weapons stockpile with every single gun under the sun in your backpocket.

Carry capacity for ammo and restoratives is almost always limited, and should not be counted for this. See limited supplies instead.

2009-08-09
So, if I have a game that has limited ammo and you have to collect ammo packs throughout the level to refill ammo might get this tag or not? And the game in question would have no other inventory or items.
I am a bit confused because on the one hand the tag says "limited munitions" on the other hand it is said "Carry capacity is limited in "more ways" than the quantity of ammo you can carry."

2009-08-09
The limited munitions is meant to help finding it (though I'm not sure it does that), compare early Resident Evil games which are prime example of what this is for.

Pure shooters with limited ammo could be considered if it is an actual problem in terms of how much you can carry (such as, have to avoid confrontations because you don't have the ammo to deal with them). Otherwise it's just poorly done negation of the gun of infnite ammo.

Other examples are that you have to drop something to pick something else up instead. As in, your pockets can't hold that much stuff.

2009-08-10
Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are examples for both

next clarification, is this for games with unlimited something and limited others

The laser and a select few weapons are unlimited. But everything else is limited

what about a game with multiple difficulty levels

In the easy setting, you start with or inevitably pickup more than enough ammo for the whole level. but on the hardest levels, every shot counts and even then you might need to resort to melee or barehanded fighting for lack of ammo.

2009-08-10
The laser and a select few weapons are unlimited. But everything else is limited

Again, see gun with infinite ammo.

what about a game with multiple difficulty levels

Consider the default/normal difficulty only, maybe add note about the others (strengthed tags would solve this admirably). As an example, Far Cry 2 adjusts your carrying capacity with difficulty, but it's severely limited even on easiest and the most noticeable change is the number of healing items you can lug about (actually, I can't remember if it did change anything else).

but on the hardest levels, every shot counts and even then you might need to resort to melee or barehanded fighting for lack of ammo.

Poor availability. Not really related to your capacity to carry them. And based on the description you have major surplus on easy difficulty and no need to drop anything to accommodate for something else.

The easy case doesn't sound like it's valid even if you can't carry everything you find (there's no need to carry them all), and the latter is not related to your capacity to carry them but to the availability (a point many survival horror games fail to implement even though it started from them).

2009-08-10
So, if I have a game that has limited ammo and you have to collect ammo packs throughout the level to refill ammo might get this tag or not? And the game in question would have no other inventory or items.
I am a bit confused because on the one hand the tag says "limited munitions" on the other hand it is said "Carry capacity is limited in "more ways" than the quantity of ammo you can carry."

Reading this again made me think that there's a confusion between how much you can carry and how much you can actually find... ?

Removed the "limited munitions" name earlier as it didn't seem to serve its purpose properly, but considering this is related to that, this assumption seems correct.