About Civilization IV

If the idea of good game is to have inconsistent controls for the same action in different situations (right click works to remove all other items from build queue except the last, which you can only remove by the minus key in keyboard, not the numpad minus mind you... delete would've made more sense and it's actually more commonly used in other games) and forcing the player to choose an action from "help" dialog instead of ignoring it (I suggest you disable the advisor pop-ups which are on by default, since you must take the advice), then Civ4 is truly master of it. I can't imagine what drove them to so brilliantly disregard simple user friendliness. Mostly it works well, though, at least if you can ignore the problems it has. For me, these are aggravating shortcomings in the simplest things a game of this kind can have are too much. Unfortunately they're present in the final patch and Warlords/BtS expansions as well, so maybe I'm alone in this grievance for surely it would've been fixed otherwise.