About Abrams Battle Tank

2008-11-11 (updated 2014-11-12)
Note: M1 Abrams entered service in 1980 (that's like 8 years prior to making this game itself), but it's still in service, and so, this is not eligible for being marked as historical.

2019-04-22
Really? Cuz the M3 and T-34 are also still in service. WWII is not historical? Also still in service are the Tupolev Tu-95 Bear, M2 Browning MG, Boeing B-52 Stratofortress, M1911, Antonov An-2 Colt, MiG-17, U17 Parnaiba, Boeing PT-17, M1859, ITS Amerigo Vespucci (it outlived Italian Navy prefixes so it is just "Amerigo Vespucci" now, or NATO Amerigo Vespucci when on loan), M2 HB .50, USS Constitution "Old Ironsides", The Steam Jacketed Kettle, USS NIMITZ (outlived its designation and now called "CVN-68"), M-88 (relegated to a tow vehicle, but still in service), The Sound Powered Telephone, and US Marine Core Sextants (The Marines insist that many are trained in the use of sextants in the event of electronic navigation/GPS failure. They are expected to use any sextant available when needed including ones used in the American revolutionary war but currently on display in a Captains' quarters during drills).

2019-04-23
The game is not World War 2 game, it's just about Abrams Tank fighting. And as stated, the tank entered service 8 years prior to the game's release, which was not WW2 period.

And if that is enough for flagging the game as historical, then we can go that bicycles were invented hundred years ago or more, by that logic Paper Boy should be historical game.

2019-04-23
Paper Boys are still in service. But is a dying profession. At least here in North America.

2019-04-23
The game is about contemporary tanks in a contemporary scenario, so not historical. In the beginnings of UVL we defined that the Vietnam War was the latest historical event/period covered with this tag. It must be mentioned of course that this was 20 years ago and one might mark a game that is produced today and is e.g. about the Gulf War in 1990/1991 could be considered "historical" because it describes historical events and takes place in the not so near past. While the same game released in the early 90s I would not call historical, but contemporary. The good thing is that these games can still come togehter via tags.

2019-04-24
While the same game released in the early 90s I would not call historical, but contemporary. The good thing is that these games can still come togehter via tags.

Exactly my point, though I think I could've worded it better in the initial post.

2019-04-24
I don't think any entry info should be relative to our frame of reference but rather to the game's frame of reference. If it was contemporary when published then it should always remain so. If the 'contemporary' game, 30 years later, is ported to iPaid and published without an update to the in game's time setting, *then* it becomes historical.