2008-12-14 (updated 2016-05-06)
No fullscreen mode to warrant screenshots without the ugly window decor? Should be tagged with windowed in that case. And even then the window decor isn't really that great to have (most windowed games don't use the decors for anything useful anyway, but this seems to have at least something stuffed in them).

Also available in the Disney's Classic Video Games CR-ROM package.

2008-12-14
The windows version had no full screen mode when I remember correctly. I know it looks strange, and thats exactly what I thought when I played this version (after playing the full-screen DOS version as well)... so the screenshot represents what I saw on my screen. If you think its better to remove the windows bars then do so. It's not a big issue for me.

2008-12-16
A few possibilities to consider
Should fixed size (or limited size choices) windowed games be additionally so marked? I'd say yes.

Maximized is not fullscreen? I'd say this was true. Then lets hope no games actually start using the window decor as a functioning part of a game.

Any Linux game can be fullscreen. I think its built into the X11 protocol itself. All GUIs I've tried have the option to display only the window client area and the ability to maximize this client area to all edges of the screen. Plus, compiz-fusion can accomplish the same end by scaling the view to fit the client area of the current window. Thus, all Linux GUI games are fullscreen. However, for the sake saneness, I think its best to mark games with no internal fullscreen option as windowed and have a brief comment in the windowed group "Some operating systems can force any application to use full screen. These games if listed here have no internal fullscreen function"

Will all of these, forcing a different mode does not count. Only the internal options.

2008-12-16 (updated 2008-12-16)
re: A few possibilities to consider
All GUIs I've tried have the option to display only the window client area and the ability to maximize this client area to all edges of the screen.

The programs can instruct X11 against this, and X11 won't force it to happen if the client says it isn't to happen (unless X11 is broken and I certainly doubt the game will like it).

And on Windows if you set the taskbar to hide or not to be always on top (or both), maximizing produces almost the same effect on Windows as long as the game allows maximizing (the window title bar remains, but that's only because the program did not tell Windows to remove it - and yes, you can programmatically tell Windows to not render such parts even when running things in a Window - used mostly by media players and other programs with their splash screens).

Plus, compiz-fusion can accomplish the same end by scaling the view to fit the client area of the current window.

Compiz is not the only one out there to render windows, and therefore should not be the basis for this decision. Nor do I think games require it.

Thus, all Linux GUI games are fullscreen.

I have to disagree.

"Some operating systems can force any application to use full screen. These games if listed here have no internal fullscreen function"

If they can, then they take full responsibility of snatching the display control from the game and stretching the intended display to fullscreen. Sort of like how emulators have 2xsai and pixel doubling.

Also, some window managers for X11 don't have window decors of any sort (not sure how they display windows that are smaller than the display area or even control them). Though I only know of ratpoison to do this.

You can replace the Windows OS decorator and it could likely do all the things Compiz can, but it would still refuse to resize the Window if the client didn't allow it (really, the client wouldn't handle the resizing at all, so if it actually worked, you'd be stretching an area to the bottom and right that isn't updated by the program, which would eventually produce program window at the top-left corner of screen with artefacts of previously rendered screen on the path from which it was resized to it).

For hardware accelerated game a system that snatches the output and resizes it to the new display area would slow down the games quite a bit as far as I understand (not sure why people would even allow it). For purely software rendered games this might not be as much of a problem.

Many Win3.1 games were so basic that they didn't really have any graphics and could be resized freely. These would accept fullscreening as much as maximizing, though it wouldn't eliminate the tool-/menubar nor the statusbar. For X11 games this is as true.

2013-08-19
Ok, I just made new screenshots of this game. This is exactly what you will see when playing the game. There is no true full screen mode. You can maximise the screen and thats the way it looks like. You will always see the status bar(s) of the game as well as of Windows itself. Looks ugly compared to the fullscreen DOS version I know but thats exactly the reason why everything should be seen in the screenshot.

2013-08-20 (updated 2013-08-20)
Alt-printscreen and crop the decors (usually 22 pixels from top and 3-4 pixels from the other sides) is IMO acceptable solution for windowed games. It will leave the status bar and menubar visible if they have them, but otherwise remove most OS theme specific elements out that are not dictated by the game itself (unless they skin the window decors, which is unusual outside of launchers).