About The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine

KOTN sets the player on a quest to find an armor of some long-dead holy knight or saint in this expansion. Starting with rumors of a prophet in Anvil, the player is given the quest to go on a pilgrimage to the wayshrines of the Nine Divines to gain guidance to the location of the armor. From there the player journeys across Cyrodiil dealing with the religion of the Nine and expressing their own faith to them until they've finally collected the set.

There's really no room for evil characters in this expansion as it purely deals with the religious paladin type characters, and since it does deal with religion that is quite real in the world of Elder Scrolls. So, there's no way an evil character could weasel their way through it (and what kind of evil character would agree to go on a goody-two-shoes kind of pilgrimage in the first place to possibly gain some vague notion where this armor of indeterminable value was located?). I doubt the Nine would allow such to pass the tests (an evil character might pass some which require choices based on info given by mortals, but these are choices they can happily do if it brings them closer to their goal instead of doing them because they're "good"). The gauntlets and the mace are perhaps the most obvious cases where an evil character would never progress (and it'd require metagaming anyway).

I've yet to complete the quest myself, so this is all I could say of it. Still, it's clearly meant for those who want more of the paladin style stuff. And I have to repeat, I don't see how an evil character could be interested in even starting the quest. A bit like a "good" character wouldn't want to do the assassin's guild invitation quest (I dunno who I "murdered" to get it, but I don't recall killing anyone but those who attacked me first; unless backstabbing necromancers counts, but they aggro the moment they notice you).