About Ganso Saiyuuki: Super Monkey Daibouken

Now this is one of the most terrible games I have ever experienced on the Famicom/NES. The game is based on the famous Chinese novel "Journey to the West". You accompany a monk on his journey to India in this, well I don't know how to categorize it. Most of the time you are riding around on a huge overworld where most of the time nothing happens. Sometimes you find a friendly house where you can replenish food and water. If you are unlucky (or lucky, because the riding around part in a blank overworld environment is totally boring) you meet some enemies or monsters and the game switches to a side-view perspective where you have to get rid of them in a similar fashion as Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, but with much much worse controls. It is pure button mashing, jumping around and desperatly trying to hit something. The whole game is a total mess, graphically, sound-wise and gameplay-wise. After playing crappy games like Dough Boy I didn't think it could get worse. Sadly, I was wrong.