BAM! 30 Linux games want to be on steam. this is only first round

2012-09-13
At least some of those are not exclusively Linux games (not familiar with them all, so I can't say for all of them). Linux exclusives being pushed to be on Steam might give Valve more incentive to get their Linux version up, at least if the community wants them in. Though there aren't really Mac exclusives on Steam yet either (that I know of anyway), so I don't know how much it really matters.

2012-09-14
Valve really hasn't promoted Mac games except to say they offer them. Their complaints about Windows don't include comments about Mac, but they do comment about Linux. Valve has http://blogs.valvesoftware.com/linux/ but not blogs.valvesoftware.com/mac/

Realistically, it doesn't make cents, at this time, for Valve to offer Linux exclusives, even if they plan to eventually abandon Windows entirely. If they were to persue a non-Windows game it would indicate they actually are moving towards a non-Windows business model rather than a Linux-also or even a Windows-also model

2012-09-14
I didn't mean Valve themselves making Linux/Mac exclusive games, but rather making available exclusive games made by other developers (the stuff in Greenlight). None of the games in Greenlight are exclusive to a platform other than Windows, AFAIK, but I haven't really looked.

2014-03-06
re: BAM! 30 Linux games want to be on steam. this is only first round
I expect 300 to be listed soon.

UPDATE: 888 games

2014-03-07
Darn it! I missed a detail there.

2015-09-22
re: re: re: BAM! 30 Linux games want to be on steam. this is only first round
UPDATE: 1504 _games_