genre: Science Fiction
setting: Future, Post-apocalypse
perspective: 3rd person 1st person
player options: single player
game engine: Gamebryo
Sadly, the story empowers epicness over good story, with immortal characters an black/white characters in general (there are exceptions)
But is important for being the predecessor of Fallout: New Vegas, who is better in every way possible and retakes the old developers of Fallout 1 and 2.
8 de 10
AmunJazz # 2014-07-30 16:54:59
Vault-Tec engineers have worked around the clock on an interactive reproduction of Wasteland life for you to enjoy from the comfort of your own vault. Included is an expansive world, unique combat, shockingly realistic visuals, tons of player choice, and an incredible cast of dynamic characters. Every minute is a fight for survival against the terrors of the outside world – radiation, Super Mutants, and hostile mutated creatures. From Vault-Tec, America's First Choice in Post Nuclear Simulation.
Vault 101 – Jewel of the Wastes. For 200 years, Vault 101 has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you've ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.
* Limitless Freedom! – Take in the sights and sounds of the vast Capital Wasteland! See the great monuments of the United States lying in post-apocalyptic ruin! You make the choices that define you and change the world. Just keep an eye on your Rad Meter!
* Experience S.P.E.C.I.A.L.! – Vault-Tec engineers bring you the latest in human ability simulation – the SPECIAL Character System! Utilizing new breakthroughs in points-based ability representation, SPECIAL affords unlimited customization of your character. Also included are dozens of unique skills and perks to choose from, each with a dazzling variety of effects!
* Fantastic New Views! – The wizards at Vault-Tec have done it again! No longer constrained to just one view, experience the world from 1st or 3rd person perspective. Customize your view with the touch of a button!
* The Power of Choice! – Feeling like a dastardly villain today, or a Good Samaritan? Pick a side or walk the line, as every situation can be dealt with in many different ways. Talk out your problems in a civilized fashion, or just flash your Plasma Rifle.
* Blast ‘Em Away With V.A.T.S.! – Even the odds in combat with the Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System for your Pip-Boy Model 3000! V.A.T.S. allows you to pause time in combat, target specific body parts on your target, queue up attacks, and let Vault-Tec take out your aggression for you. Rain death and destruction in an all-new cinematic presentation.
* Mind-Blowing Artificial Intelligence! – At Vault-Tec, we realize that the key to reviving civilization after a global nuclear war is people. Our best minds pooled their efforts to produce an advanced version of Radiant AI, America's First Choice in Human Interaction Simulation. Facial expressions, gestures, unique dialog, and lifelike behavior are brought together with stunning results by the latest in Vault-Tec technology.
* Eye-Popping Prettiness! – Witness the harsh realities of nuclear fallout rendered like never before in modern super-deluxe HD graphics. From the barren Wasteland, to the danger-filled offices and metro tunnels of DC, to the hideous rotten flesh of a mutant's face.
Bethesda - # 2007-11-09 22:23:15 - official description - source
cannibalism — you meet current and "former" cannibals and can become one yourself by picking the "cannibal" perk.
auto-regen — there are at least two perks that give this under certain conditions, normally not present.
growing protagonist — goes through from birth to ages of 1, 10, 16 and 19. This effectively covers character creation completely and offers some backstory.
slavery — besides being somewhat common topic, player can also partake in this activity by stunning and collaring people (the collar will cause the slave's head to explode if they try to escape).
variable ending — the ending is constructed of 3 things: karma and two choices near the end that form total of around 10 "unique" endings (if minor details are ignored) constructed out of 28 video segments (see breakdown at Fallout wiki). Only around 4 endings if you play them out in very archetypical manner.
thx-1138 — the number is encountered at least in The Republic of Dave, unconfirmed reference.
Sanguine # 2008-10-31 13:35:44
Uncalled for censorship
Bethesda decided, without anyone asking them to (or being required to do so by anything), to censor the Japanese release. This includes changes such as removing NPC Burke from the Power of the Atom side-quest and the option to detonate the a-bomb in the city of Megaton.
Editor notes (3)
* Operation: Anchorage (2009-01-27)
* The Pitt (2009-03-24)
* Broken Steel (2009-05-05)
* Point Lookout (2009-06-23)
* Mothership Zeta (2009-07-29?)
Available only through the Microsoft LIVE service (for both Windows and X360). GOTY edition of the game comes with all five DLCs included.
Sanguine # 2009-02-20 13:11:31
Authors / Staff
managementTodd Howard (executive producer)
designEmil Pagliarulo (lead designer)
audioInk Spots (music)Inon Zur (music)
actingCorrieanne Stein (voice actor)Craig Sechler (voice actor)Dee Bradley Baker (voice actor)Duncan Hood (voice actor)Erik Dellums (voice actor)Heather Marie Marsden (voice actor)James Lewis (voice actor)Liam Neeson (voice actor)Malcolm McDowell (voice actor)Mike Rosson (voice actor)Odette Yustman (voice actor)Peter Gil (voice actor)Ron Perlman (voice actor)Shari Elliker (voice actor)Stephen Russell (voice actor)Wes Johnson (voice actor)William Bassett (voice actor)
n.a.Eulogy JonesFawkesHarknessIshmael Ashur)JerichoMr. Gutsy robotsMr. Handy robots)ProtectronsReillyScribe Bigsley)Sentry BotsStar Paladin Cross)Talon Company Mercenaries)Uncle Leo
External reviews (2) - average: 93.5%
Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta (Windows)
Fallout 3: Broken Steel (Windows)
Fallout 3: Point Lookout (Windows)
Fallout 3: The Pitt (Windows)
Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage (Windows)
Fallout 3: Broken Steel (Windows)
Fallout 2 (Windows)
Fallout 3 (X360)
Fallout 3 (PS3)