showing 1 - 50 of 54 games
|Band Hero||Activision||2009||Family and friends come together to ascend the virtual stage and rock their way to superstardom with Band Hero, which features the hottest chart-topping hits from everyone's favorite acts including No Doubt, Lily Allen, The All-American Rejects, Snow Patrol and The Jackson 5. Headlined by some of the biggest names in music as in-game artists and playable characters, Band Hero is the ultimate party game where players of all ages can create the band they have always dreamed of by using any combination of guitar or drum controllers and vocals, providing rockers and performers of all ages the chance to experience and interact with their favorite music.||PS2||labelimagesubject|
|Boboboubo Boubobo: Shuumare! Taikan Boubobo||Hudson Soft||2004||PS2||labelimageminimize|
|Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts||THQ (Relic Entertainment)||2007||Latest version: 2.602 (as of 2011-05-24)
* 2.601***bundle - Bundled with Asus GeForce 8800 GT.***[b]Minimum requirements:[/b]
* CPU with SSE instruction set
* 512 MB RAM (1.1G without swap)
* 64 MB VRAM
* GPU with Shader Model 1.1 support
* 9 GB free HD space
* 1 GB RAM (1.8G without swap)
* 256 MB VRAM
* GPU with Shader Model 2.0 support***Company of Heroes : Opposing Fronts is the next chapter in the groundbreaking real-time strategy franchise from critically acclaimed studio Relic Entertainment. This standalone game features two unique armies with full length campaigns. Players will experience fast-paced dynamic tactics like never before, in two of the most brutal World War II campaigns ever fought. Take command of the tenacious British 2nd Army in the vicious battle for Caen, France, or lead the German Panzer Elite as they struggle to repel the largest airborne invasion in history.
With two intensely cinematic campaigns, mission persistence, improved vehicle AI and weather effects that directly impact the battlefield, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts supports DirectX 10 and is fully compatible with the original Company of Heroes. Battle online with these two all-new armies and utilize full compatibility with the original Company of Heroes for a total of four playable armies - allowing players to wage the ultimate war for Fortress Europe.
* Bigger – Play as the British or Germans in two intensely cinematic campaigns.
* Better looking – DX10 support and significant upgrades to the Essence Engine.
* Smarter – Improved vehicle AI and path-finding.
* More Realistic – All new weather effects directly impact the battlefield.
[Relic]***Introduces two new armies, the British 2nd and the German Panzer Elite, both with their own all new campaigns, too.
British are slow-moving and highly defensive army and apparently has movable base unlike all the other armies, as well as tank airdrop and many other interesting and unique abilities.
Panzer Elite on the other hand is a low number force of, you know, elite forces who're more suited for rushing the enemy in Blitzkrieg tactics and specializes on vehicular combat more than any other army.
Apparently You won't need to have Opposing Fronts to play against their armies after a new patch is rolled out for the original game, although you won't be able to play _as_ either of the new armies if you don't get the expansion, nor likely are you able to play the two old armies if you don't have the original, but you can still play against those who either have only the expansion or only the original even if you only have the other.
|Darkstalkers 3: Jedah's Damnation||Capcom||1998||Saturn||labelimageminimize|
|Deus Ex||Eidos Interactive (Ion Storm)||2000||2007-03-29 on Steam; GOTY edition (lang: eng)***This GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION of the smash hit Deus Ex features an all-new multiplayer mode and a new head-to-head deathmatch mode. Also included is a software development kit, so you'll be able to create both single and multiplayer missions from scratch, as well as modify existing ones.
The year is 2052 and the world is a dangerous and chaotic place. Terrorists operate openly - killing thousands; drugs, disease and pollution kill even more. The world's economies are close to collapse and the gap between the insanely wealthy and the desperately poor grows ever wider. Worst of all, an ages old conspiracy bent on world domination has decided that the time is right to emerge from the shadows and take control. No one believes they exist. No one but you.
* Real role-playing from an immersive 3D, first-person perspective. The game includes action, character interaction and problem solving.
* Realistic, recognizable locations. Many of the locations are built from actual blueprints of real places set in a near future scenario.
* A game filled with people rather than monsters. This creates empathy with the game characters and enhances the realism of the game world.
* Rich character development systems: Skills, augmentations, weapon and item selections and multiple solutions to problems ensure that no two players will end the game with similar characters.
* Multiple solutions to problems and character development choices ensure a varied game experience. Talk, fight or use skills to get past obstacles as the game adapts itself to your style of play.
* Strong storyline: Built on "real" conspiracy theories, current events and expected advancements in technology. If it's in the game, someone, somewhere believes it.
[Valve - GOTY edition]***If there's a thing that doesn't make sense, then it's the early sound cutoff bug this game has on my system. After trying solutions that work in every other game, I found on a forum that switching to sw rendering and back to D3D fixes it temporarily, and it did, even OpenGL rendering didn't have it. But both of those had some other issues I didn't want so I kept looking. Until I switched off vsync, and behold, sound clipping is [i]gone[/i]. Fine and dandy with me, except it doesn't make slightest bit of [u]sense[/u]. Video card setting that releases the framerate synchronization with screen refresh and allows the game to render more frames [i]somehow[/i] allows the game to play the voice overs to the end. Other people have had similar issues with the game and all with different solutions, but those other solutions actually made sense.***Latest version: 1.112fm (as of 2001-04-28?), 1.4 for French
The 1.014f patch is the last that affected single-player.***[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Windows 95 or 98
* 300 Mhz Pentium II CPU
* 64 MB RAM
* 4X CD-ROM Drive
* 150 MB HD space
* Athlon or Pentium III CPU
* 128 MB RAM
* 16 MB VRAM
* 8X CD-ROM Drive
* 750 MB HD space
* EAX or A3D compliant audio card
|Dogfight||Magnavox||1972||One of the four games coming with the Light Rifle|
|Dungeons & Dragons Collection||Capcom||1999||Dungeons and Dragons Collection for the Sega Saturn collects two of the best arcade beat 'em ups of all time! With both "Shadow Over Mystara" and "Tower of Doom" you cannot go wrong. As you take your pick of warrior, wizard, etc, you blast through the games in old school fashion. There is a lot of action in both games, and they can be pretty difficult at times, but they are never so overwhelming as to make you want to quit playing. Dungeons and Dragons Collection also showed what a 2D powerhouse the Sega Saturn really was. Sprites were large and good looking, and were rendered very well. The only complaints I have is that there is occasional slowdown (and this is considering that it requires the 4MEG RAM cart expansion) and due to hardware limitations they had to cut the games down from the original 4-player Arcade games to 2-Players. A beautiful game and truly one of my personal favorite Sega Saturn titles.||Saturn||labelimageminimize|
|Fighter's History Dynamite||Data East||1997||Saturn||labelimageminimize|
|Frontlines: Fuel of War||THQ (Kaos Studios)||2008||For up to 32, 64 or more simultaneously online.***Latest version: 1.3.0 (as of ?)***Frontlines : Fuel of War is an open-world First Person Shooter set in the next Great War. In a world ravaged by a global energy crisis, environmental decay, and economic depression, players assume the role of an elite soldier in the "Stray Dogs" strike force in the Western Coalition Army on an epic crusade against the Red Star Alliance to control the last of the world's oil reserves in the Caspian. Frontlines: Fuel of War combines intensely cinematic, non-linear game play, with next generation firepower and a revolutionary frontline combat system to deliver the most thrilling and engaging FPS to date.
* Frontline Combat System – Combat in Frontlines: Fuel of War is focused and intense, in a system that inherently promotes teamwork by creating a unified front of war. In both single player and multiplayer, players join the forces on the frontline that result in focused combat and increased intensity while allowing player choice.
* Open World Environment – Through intensely cinematic, non-linear objectives, players assume the role of an elite soldier in the Stray Dogs Division. Based upon actual locations in Central Asia, the player enters an epic campaign featuring 7 theaters of war with a climactic ending. Players can create their own path to victory with non-linear mission objectives and destructible environments. The player chips away at the battle instead of standard die and redo system.
* Next Generation Firepower – Join the future of war with over 60 vehicles and weapons based off of real military designs of the near future. From futuristic tanks and jets to remote controlled drones and sentry guns, feel the adrenaline rush of utilizing next generation firepower on the battlefield.
* Customizable Soldier System – Character customization allows you to represent your play style through character choices, weapon load out and role specialization. Upgradeable character roles encourages experimentation, increases replay value and combined with the open world environment and teamwork, provide numerous combinations to achieve objectives.
* Advanced Team Play – Supports up to 32+ players on Console and 64+ players on PC via LAN or Internet for large scale wars online utilizing shared targeting systems to promote teamwork.
* Windows XP or Vista (32/64 bit edition)
* Pentium 2.8 GHz or Athlon 2800+
* 768 MB RAM (1 GB for Vista)
* GeForce 6800 GT or Radeon X800XT
* 15 GB free HD space
* Broadband connection w/ min upload 768K (for hosting games, not playing)
* .NET Framework 1.1 or greater
* Intel Core 2 E6400 (2.13GHz) or Athlon X2 5000+
* 1.5 GB RAM
* GeForce 8600 GTX or Radeon X2600
* Sound Blaster X-Fi series soundcard
|Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2||Ubisoft (GRIN)||2007||Ubisoft's award-winning shooter that was founded on the PC returns with Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, designed specifically for the PC gamer by GRIN. Building on the foundation of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, the sequel is a near-future warfare masterpiece. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 for the PC screams tactics, and you'll need to bring your best to bear if you are going to get the Ghosts past their latest challenge...
It's 2014, and the soldier of the future returns to encounter a new and more imminent threat along the recently completed wall on the U.S./Mexico border. The Ghosts are more powerful with an upgraded Integrated Warfighter System (IWS), but will have only 72 hours to assess the threat and stop the rebels from reaching U.S. soil. With a border that's 1,900 miles long and an enemy that doesn't play by the rules, this is a job for the U.S. military's most elite fighting unit. This is a job for the Ghosts.
Vastly Improved Multiplayer
Huge variety of modes from classic team deathmatch to the exclusive recon vs. assault.
Top-Notch Tactical Gameplay
PC-exclusive tactical maps and non-linear missions in both indoor and outdoor environments.
More Options Mean More Strategies
Your team is more customizable and has grown with the addition of a communications specialist. New team play options abound including the "bubble system," which rewards players for more cohesive teamwork.
For the first time ever, the Ghosts will defend U.S. soil from a cross-border attack, taking the fight to all-new locations. The Ghosts will battle enemies in mountain terrains, barren deserts, and even protect their home turf in El Paso, Texas. Each environment presents its own benefits and challenges and will call for fresh tactical approaches.
More Technology and Firepower
All systems have been upgraded to give players more power and control on the battlefield, including an improved Cross-Com. Cross-Com 2.0 will go full screen with the click of a button, enabling you to deliver more precise and deadly attacks.
Overhauled Graphics and AI
Battle your way through a highly realistic near-future warfare experience against a much smarter enemy. They'll try to flank your position or gain strategic vantage points in order to take you down. But don't worry - your team has your back. Their AI has been upgraded as well. They'll feed you more of the information you need with descriptive commands like "enemy spotted behind red truck ahead."
[Ubisoft]***All I can say about GRAW2 is that it's frustrating, and I get the impression it isn't as good as the original GRAW.***[b]bundle[/b] - comes with Inno3D GF 8800 GT/GTS graphics cards.
|God of War Saga||Sony Computer Entertainment;Capcom (SCE Santa Monica Studio;Bluepoint Games)||2012||Re-live the Most Epic Saga in Gaming. Experience Five Legendary Adventures In Kratos’ Quest For Vengeance Against The Gods Who Betrayed Him.
- God of War, God of War II, God of War III, and God of War: Origins Collection which includes:
* God of War: Chains of Olympus
* God of War: Ghost of Sparta
- Exclusive Bonus Content
- Voucher For 1 Trial Month of PlayStation®Plus
- Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War: Origins Collection)
|God of War: Ascension||Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE Santa Monica )||2013||Vengeance is born in the fires of betrayal in this prequel to the best-selling God of War franchise. Six months have passed since Kratos stood over the bodies of his wife and child, his hands stained with their blood - tricked by Ares into murdering the only people he ever loved. Swearing to avenge them, Kratos broke the blood oath that bound him to Ares, but oaths to Olympus are not so easily broken...
Sentenced to an eternity chained within a prison for the living damned, Kratos battles insanity at the hands of the Furies. He will be tested as he seeks freedom, redemption for his sins, and the clarity to avenge his family.
- Multiplayer comes to God of War for the first time. Take the epic God of War combat online with 8-player objective-based combat.
- Align yourself to Zeus, Ares, Poseidon, or Hades and earn their Favor to unlock new customization options for your multiplayer Gladiator.
- Experience Kratos' quest for freedom from the very beginning with an epic new single-player story.
- New combat and puzzle mechanics build on the award-winning God of War gameplay.***
|God of War: Origins Collection||Sony Computer Entertainment (Ready at Dawn)||2011||PS3||labelimageminimize|
|Groove on Fight||Atlus||1997||Saturn||labelimageminimize|
|GunGriffon II||ESP (Game Arts)||1998||Saturn||labelimageminimize|
|Hyper 3D Taisen Battle: Gebockers||Riverhill Soft||1996||Saturn||labelimageminimize|
|ICBM Attack||Spectre Systems||1982||Astrocade||labelimageminimize|
|Indy 500||Atari;Sears (Atari)||1977||VCS conversion of the arcade game.***The original package contained this game and 2 Driving Controlers. Was also avaialable in the Racing Pak (#PRO811) package with only 1 Driving Controler, and the game Slot Racers.
Requires the Driving Controllers.
|Konoyo no Hate de Koi o Utau Shōjo Yu-No||Elf||1997||Saturn||labelimageminimize|
|Magic Carpet||Electronic Arts (Bullfrog)||1996||Voted Game of the Year (1995 ECTS Awards), Bullfrog's latest is an epic blend of non-stop arcade action and strategy. Real-time 3-D landscaping combines exquisite graphics and awesome gameplay to create one of the fastest flying experiences ever.
- Freedom to fly wherever you like.
- Over 60 action-packed levels PLUS a multitude of Hidden Worlds.
- Over 20 devastating spells at your disposal.
|Manic Miner||Jester Interactive;BigBen Interactive (Jester Interactive)||2002||GBA||labelimageminimize|
|Mario & Wario||Nintendo (Game Freak)||1993||"Mario and Wario" is a puzzle-type game in which you must manuever the Mario gang around many levels. Wario, being cruel as he is, drops a bucket on a [Mario Character's] head. Playing as a Fairie, you must tap the character upon his head to have him change direction, and also to change blocks. This game can be fun, but very repetitive.|
|Mario Paint||Nintendo (Intelligent Systems)||1992||Mario Paint is an art program for the SNES. Using the mouse included, you can draw with a variety of patterns and colors. You can then make sprites with the included program, create animations, and then add music to make a SNES masterpeice. If you're kind of bored of painting, you can take a break and play "GNAT ATTACK", a game in which you conquer the levels by avoiding baddies and sqatting gnats.|
|Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter||Capcom||1998||Saturn||labelimageminimize|
|Mickey to Nakamatachi: Kazuasobi IroIro||Atlus||2001||PS||labelimageminimize|
|My Disney Kitchen||Atlus;Bam! Entertainment (Atlus)||2002||PS||labelimageminimize|
|NiGHTS Into Dreams...||Sega;Samsung (Sonic Team;Sega AM3)||1996||When dream becomes soul-chilling nightmare, you're the key as you fight for Nightopia's sanity. Thought Artificial life, super-fluid views, realtime 3D, free character movement and supersonic speed were impossible?
Get real... Anything's possible in a dream!***NiGHTS into Dreams is possibly the most original game to ever grace any console.
NiGHTS is a creature of a children dream world called Nightopia. Nightopia is being threatened by the evil Wiseman, so NiGHTS gets help from two children to fight him, Claris and Elliot. You then play as them and as NiGHTS in their dreams.
The gameplay is simply a mix of puzzle, racing game concepts and flight. You fly around as NiGHTS with the analog stick and you collect a minimum of blue spheres within the time limit. The more spheres and extra stuff you get in the least time, the higher your score is.
When you got at least a C you can fight the boss of the area (every boss is defeated in a different way).
|Point Blank 2||Namco||1998||Get ready for one of the most challenging (and nonviolent) light gun games to ever make its way to the PlayStation in POINT BLANK 2. There are over 50 shooting levels in the game, each requiring you to aim your light gun and shoot targets. You'll also find a variety of modes at your disposal: Point Blank Castle, Theme Park Mode, and Party Mode.***European version|
***If you've got an itch to do some target shooting, then Point Blank 2 will help you scratch it. The focus on this game really isn't on killing things, instead, its on accurate marksmanship. Point Blank 2 features multiple modes of game play. If a friend is ready to challenge you, you can take them on head to head.
|PomPom Party||SCEE (SCEE London Studio)||2008||PS2||labelimageminimize|
|Prehistoric Safari||Magnavox||1972||One of the four games coming with the Light Rifle|
|Puyo Puyo Fever||Sega (Sonic Team)||2004||Windows||labelimageminimize|
|PuyoPuyo Fever for Macintosh||Sega (Sonic Team)||2004||Mac OS X||labelimageminimize|
|Real Bout Fatal Fury Special||SNK||1997||Saturn||labelimageminimize|
|Sakura Taisen||Sega (Red;Sega)||1996||Saturn||labelimageminimize|
|Samurai Spirits: Amakusa Kourin||SNK||1997||Also released on a compilation named "Samurai Spirits Best Collection" (サムライスピリッツベストコレクション), serial number T-3123G, that includes [game=#162502]Samurai Spirits: Zankuro Musouken[/game] and [game=#162501]Samurai Spirits: Amakusa Kourin[/game], released on 6 August 1998.|
|Samurai Spirits: Zankuro Musouken||SNK||1996||Also released on a compilation named "Samurai Spirits Best Collection" (サムライスピリッツベストコレクション), serial number T-3123G, that includes [game=#162502]Samurai Spirits: Zankuro Musouken[/game] and [game=#162501]Samurai Spirits: Amakusa Kourin[/game], released on 6 August 1998.|
|Saturn Music School||Waka Manufacturing||1997||Saturn||labelimageminimize|
|Sega Ages: Space Harrier||SOJ||1996||Also released on a special set called "Space Harrier (Gentei Special Set)" (スペースハリアー （限定スペシャルセット）) serial number GS-9111, including an arcade stick.||Saturn||labelimageminimize|
|Shooting Gallery||Magnavox||1972||One of the four games coming with the Light Rifle|
|Shootout||Magnavox||1972||One of the four games coming with the Light Rifle|
|Silent Scope Complete||Konami||2004||Xbox||labelimageminimize|
|Space Dungeon||Atari||1983||CX-5232. Rarity 2 Common+. North America NTSC.
An actual port of the [[gameid:617 Taito coin-op]]. Move from room to room and collect the treasures. Take them to the "Collect Bonus" room. Next level. Repeat 99 times. Each level is 6x6 and each room contains treasure, enemies, both, or neither. You ship can fire in 8 directions, independently moving in 8 directions also. You do not score points for collection treasure, only for exiting a level with treasure. If you die, your collected treasures are spread around the room you died in, to be gathered when you find them again. Thieves lie in wait to take everything you carry. Enemies will pursue you from room to room. There are also hidden traps
This game came packaged with a joystick coupler. The analog stick on controller 1 (Left), fires. Controller 2 (The right one), moves your ship.
Sounds produced by each event are unique. You might hear some things happen that you might not have seen, because of the screen full of stuff. For instance, your lasers sound different from the enemies' lasers.
Thief's will steel treasure from you, but not from rooms. for these reasons, it is sometimes wise to go back for your lost treasure hoard only when you are ready to immediately exit.
Since enemies will pursue you across rooms, you must shoot as many as possible. Otherwise you may end up at a dead end with *all* the enemies in the level charging at you through your only escape route. Or you may even find yourself in the middle of a level with enemies converging from all sides at once.
You cannot dive back into a door you just came through. It will remained sealed for a moment.
Death Square: Mostly harmless
Guards: Will chase
Executioner: Will chase
Enforcers: Will chase
Pikers: Carries shields, shoot the creature behind them
Corner Zappers (Orbs): These are the traps that get triggered
Thief: Steels everything you have, but shoot him and he'll drop it.
|Street Fighter Alpha 3||Capcom||1999||Saturn||labelimageminimize|
|The House of the Dead||Sega (AM1)||1998||Saturn||labelimageminimize|
|The King of Fighters '95||SNK||1996||Saturn||labelimageminimize|
|The King of Fighters '96||SNK||1996||The Saturn version plays very well and features graphics that look to have been ported over directly from the NG original with no loss of definition or color.||Saturn||labelimageminimize|
|The King of Fighters '97||SNK||1998||Saturn||labelimageminimize|