showing 4 games
|Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars||Electronic Arts (EA Los Angeles)||2007||CnC3 is probably the hardest strategy game I know, and not because the AI is that good, but because it cheats so much. Even on the so called easy difficulty the game is frustratingly hard to even barely win (later) missions. Besides that I still like it, especially the revised GDI and the all new Scrin faction. As a game I would not recommend this to anyone but the masochistic players or diehard Tiberium series fans.***Latest version: 1.09 (as of ?)***March, 2047. A massive nuclear fireball explodes high in the night sky, marking the dramatic beginning to the Third Tiberium War and long-awaited return of the most groundbreaking Real-time Strategy franchise (RTS) of all time.
The critically-acclaimed Command & Conquer (C&C) series returns with Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars (C&C 3). Setting the standard for the future of RTS gaming once more, C&C 3 takes you back to where it all began—the Tiberium Universe.
In 2047, Tiberium has blanketed the Earth, which is now divided into zones based on the level of Tiberium infestation. Pristine Blue Zones represent 20% of the planet's surface and are the last refuge of the civilized world. Partially habitable Yellow Zones make up 50% of the planet's surface; most of the world's population lives in these war-torn and ecologically ravaged areas. The remaining 30% of the planet is uninhabitable, a Tiberium wasteland swept by violent Ion Storms. Red Zones are like the surface of an Alien planet.
The infamous Kane has returned to lead the Brotherhood of Nod in a massive global assault on the Global Defense Initiative and the few remaining Blue zones left on the planet. Only you can stop him. The fate of humanity – and the planet – is in your hands.
Featuring state-of-the-art, next-generation graphics, an epic story with live action, full-motion video sequences, and the classic fast-paced C&C style of play, C&C 3 sets the standard for the single player RTS experience.
When you decide to test your skills online, a suite of truly innovative features, such as the ability to transform online battles into a spectator sport, unfold.
Welcome back, Commander.
* [b]Fast, Fluid, Fun[/b]: The ultra-responsive, smooth-as-silk gameplay C&C invented is now better than ever, intuitively placing your entire arsenal at your fingertips.
* [b]Over 30 Single Player Missions[/b]: In a vast open-world 'theatre of war' where each decision you make matters, you'll experience one cohesive, epic story told from the unique perspective of all three warring factions.
* [b]RTS as a Sport - Battlecast [/b]: Observe, broadcast, and compete in thrilling online battles with innovations including all-new interactive spectator modes, VoIP communication, player commentary, and more.
* [b]Story Like You've Never Seen[/b]: High-definition, live action video sequences that seamlessly tie the game's epic story together featuring an unparalleled, diverse cast.
* [b]Adaptive AI[/b]: The game AI matches your style of play - choose from distinct AI playing styles such as 'rushing', 'turtling', and more, or level the battlefield and let the AI use its own tactics to give you the highest level of challenge.
* [b]New Ways to Attack[/b]: Keep your opponent guessing by building flying battleships, wielding the power of terrifying Ion Storms, and combining units to form powerful never-before-seen super-units.
* [b]Technology Makes the World Come Alive[/b]: Lose yourself in reflected sunlight and scream in sheer joy as you blow chunks off of enemy tanks, structures, and anything else you can launch a rocket at. The game world gains a new dimension and the battlefield comes to life as the atmosphere fills with smoke, fire, haze, tracers, explosions, and state-of-the-art weather effects.
* [b]Intuitive and Evolved Interface[/b]: Fully evolved side-bar interface that allows you to fully manage your base operations while never leaving the action.
* [b]Battle the Best Online[/b]: With multiple online game modes, all-new multiplayer maps, and a fully featured content editor, go online to see how you stack up in RTS' ultimate forum.
|Shadowrun||Microsoft Game Studios (FASA Studio)||2007||Falling Leaf Systems released a patch that removes the Windows Vista limitation. This is not a patch that modifies the game, it merely keeps the game from checking which Window version it is running on. It runs fine on Windows XP, the OS check is entirely an artificial ploy to encourage XP users to stick themselves with Vista.|
|Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2||Activision (Infinity Ward)||2009||Experience gripping and heart-racing action as you face off against a new threat dedicated to bringing the world the brink of collapse. Modern Warfare 2 picks up immediately following the historic events of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, the blockbuster title that earned worldwide critical acclaim.
* Epic single-player campaign picks up immediately following the thrilling events from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
* The definitive multiplayer experience returns, with a host of new perks and enhancements.
* New cooperative SpecOps mode, the perfect combination of Modern Warfare's single-player intensity and the addictive replayability of its multiplayer.
|A New Beginning||Daedalic Entertainment||2010||labelminimizeminimize|