showing 1 - 50 of 97 games
|Outcast||Infogrames;Fresh3D (Appeal;Fresh3D)||1999||Fresh3D re-released the game on 2014-12-18 as Outcast 1.1 which was updated for modern systems. The game is largely identical to the original except for support for 3D hardware acceleration and some HUD and input updates as well as bug fixes.***|
***The game was a sort of technical marvel when it was released. Depth of field, software rendering only, voxels, and whatever else I'm forgetting. Possibly the only game ever using depth of field effect with software rendering, possibly also the first game with depth of field.***[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Windows 95
* Pentium 200 MHz CPU
* 32 MB RAM
* 2 MB VRAM
* 4X CD-ROM drive
* 600 MB free HD space
* Pentium 300 MHz CPU
* 64Mb of RAM
* 4 MB VRAM
* 8X CD ROM drive
* 700 MB free HD space
* 4 axes joystick
The game seems to run fine even on WinXP64 with all 3 patches applied (the first one is used to install the game) and running in Win98 compatibility mode (the patches need to be run in this as well).***In the year 2007, the US government successfully deploys a probe designed to prove the existence of a parallel universe. Minutes into the mission, an intelligent alien life form damages the probe. On Earth, an unforeseen backlash of energy creates a black hole which threatens the very existence of the planet. You are Cutter Slade, a US Navy S.E.A.L. Commander, charged with the safety of the three scientists who have been chosen to travel to this new world, Adelpha. Your mission: confront the dangers of a mysterious and hostile world in order to recover the probe and close the black hole.
The Earth's future is in your hands.
6 VAST AND DIVERSE CONTINENTS, inhabited by thousands of living creatures, both friend and foe.
TOTAL FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT: you can climb, crawl, swim, talk, ride, fight, etc.
GADGETS & WEAPONS: flame-thrower, tripwire, explosives, X-ray glasses, invisibility, tracer gun, dart gun, perforator gun and the crowd dispersing boomer gun... and a lot more to discover.
GROUND-BREAKING ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE: interact with characters and creatures who behave with unprecedented levels of realism.
1ST AND 3RD PERSON CAMERA PERSPECTIVES which dynamically reacts intuitively to every situation you encounter.
ORIGINAL MUSICAL SCORE performed by the Moscow Symphony Orchestra.
[Box blurb]***Outcast is a superb action adventure. Unlike Quake or Half-Life, one has to talk to and help many people to progress - as well as killing plenty of soldiers! :-)
What marks the game out are its graphics - Infogrames bravely went for a voxel engine, which produces smooth round surfaces and stunning quality of light in the realistic, outdoor sites (not a sewer or warehouse in sight). The music is also superb.
This game is in my all time top 5, along with (for those retros out there) Avalon, Knightlore, Carmageddon II, and Half-life.
|Black & White 2||Electronic Arts (Lionhead Studios)||2005||[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Windows 2000 or XP
* 1.6 GHz Pentium IV CPU
* 512 MB RAM
* 64 MB VRAM
* 3.5 GB HD space***Latest version: 1.2 (as of ?)***[size=150]Will you be an evil or benevolent deity?[/size]
That's the choice you must make upon returning to a warring land in Black & White 2. Like its wildly successful predecessor, Black & White, the sequel is all about moral choices.
The land, however, has transformed itself. The inhabitants of this breathtaking 3D world have lost their innocence and developed new weapons and technology. As you enter this warring world, will you make tribes coexist peacefully; encouraging villages and towns to grow into sprawling metropolises, or prompt them to inflict their will upon others by, creating and commanding large armies that seek to dominate and conquer?
Creatures in the game have grown too. They can learn strategies, master new abilities and skills, lead armies into battle and be your ultimate unit. Black & White 2 includes other new elements, such as improved graphics and miracle effects such as rivers of fire and earthquakes that yield massive destruction.
Every choice you make will have an impact. Each action and inactions prompts obvious changes to buildings, flora and fauna, all morphing to reflect your personality.
* Wage massive wars, sieges and battles or use your skill and power to keep the peace.
* Discover and use new Epic Miracles, including the ground-ripping Earthquake and volcanoes, which cause rivers of lava.
* Choose and customize the Creature that's right for you from a selection, including old favorites such as the Ape, Cow, and Lion.
* Research and create new forms of weaponry, from swords to bows to siege machines.
* Build and design unique defensive gates and walls.
* Control and marshal huge and varied armies.
* Create and control settlements that include housing, farming, and many other buildings like fountains and lush gardens (if you're Good) or spikes and torture pits (if you're Evil).
* Weather systems such as rain, snow, mists, and fog.
* Journey through 9 lands homing each of the five tribes.
|GUN||Activision (Neversoft Entertainment)||2005||labelimageminimize|
|Gothic 3||JoWooD Productions;Deep Silver;Aspyr Media (Piranha Bytes)||2006||Also published by Game Factory Interactive (GFI) in Russia.***THE STORY
Players saved their home island Khorinis from the forces of evil in [[gameid:47040 Gothic]] and [[gameid:102172 Gothic 2]]. Now it is time to travel to the realms of the mainland, where invading Orcs have enslaved the human kingdom. There are only a few free humans living in the nearly uninhabitable icy northlands of Nordmar and in the southern desert of Varrant, and a handful of rebels hiding in the mountainous forests of the Middle Realm. Players can choose to join the rebellion and stay true to the deposed human king, serve the Orcish usurpers in their quest to topple the last remaining human stronghold, or choose a path that serves their own ends. Every decision made will have an impact on the game world and tip the balance of power. There is no simple linear story in Gothic 3 - every game will be different and unique, with the player ultimately deciding the fate of humankind.
* Huge free-roaming, hand-crafted world with no loading times once you are in the game
* All new combat system that allows unprecedented control over melee attacks
* Clear, non-linear objectives within the main story allow the player to influence the outcome of the narrative
* Living world where the player's interactions with characters have a dramatic impact on gameplay
* Engrossing storyline driven by the player's choices
* Countless side-quests for the player to explore
* More than 50 different monsters and dozens of human enemies
* A host of powerful spells and a huge variety of weapons
* Advanced and complex human behavior AI for hundreds of individual characters, all featuring high quality audio dialogues
* Unique class-free character development -- the absence of rigid character classes means players can choose to train their character with a wide variety of military and magical powers
* Soundtrack by the Bochum Symphony Orchestra, a world class orchestra from Bochum, Germany
|The Witcher||Atari;CD Projekt (CD Projekt RED)||2007||Andrzej Sapkowski, the creator of the Witcher universe, stated that he would not play the game since he has no interest in video games in general. However, he praised the game's opening cinematic, which (partially) tells the story of Sapkowski's very first short story, called simply Witcher (Wiedźmin). The Polish version of the game also comes with this short story.***The original (Polish) version of the game features some allusions to the Polish national-conservative party Law and Justice (Polish: Prawo i Sprawiedliwość). The party's name is mentioned by NPCs in the game in connection with corruption and discrimination against non-humans. Also at some point Geralt may dismiss an NPC saying "Spieprzaj, dziadu!" (approximately "Piss off, old man!"). The cofounder of Law and Justice and president (at the time the game was released) of Poland Lech Kaczyński once famously said those words to a heckler.***Un juego curioso, ya que su manejo e historía son de corte clásico (control en combate "por turnos", inventario complejo e historia de decisiones vinculantes)
Algo complejo de manejar de primeras, pero de todas formas una gran adaptación de las novelas del Tolkien del este.
8 de 10***Latest version: 18.104.22.1684 (as of 2009-07-31)
There's also a separate patch ("[url=http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/news/920.html]Director's Cut[/url]") that restores the North American version to the same uncensored level that the original European release is. Works on any version from Enhanced Edition onwards.***Although the game has endurance meter, this is only used for casting the magic signs and therefore not eligible for [url=/groups/info/stamina]stamina/endurance[/url] tagging.***Chinese is the only one without voice-overs in that language, all the others have both voice-overs and subtitles.***[b]Enhanced Edition comes with:[/b]
* Game disc
* Game guide
* Soundtrack CD
* CD with music inspired by The Witcher
* Bonus game content disc (adventure editor and two new adventures)
* Behind the scenes DVD
* Hard copy of "The Witcher" story by Andrzej Sapkowski
* World map***[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Windows XP SP2 or Vista
* Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or Athlon 64 +2800
* 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB for Vista)
* 128 MB VRAM
* 8.5 GB free HD space
* Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz or Athlon X2 5600+
* 2 GB RAM
* GeForce 7900 GTX or Radeon X1950 PRO
Those with less than the min specs need to run the game with [code]-dontForceMinReqs[/code] command-line option passed to the game or it'll refuse to run (though I'd imagine it's quite unplayable for them at some points). This also needs at least v1.2 patch to have been applied (preferably newer, but 1.2 introduced the option).***[code]EU[/code] 2007-10-26
[code]PL[/code] 2007-10-26 by CD Projekt
[code]NA[/code] 2007-10-30 (censored)
[code]NA[/code] 2008-09-19 [i]The Witcher: Enhanced Edition[/i] - a partial remake and re-release, available as massive patch for the owners of the original.
[code]EU[/code]? 2009-10-28 on Steam, by Atari (lang: eng, fre, ger, spa, ita, cze, rus, hun, pol, *trad. chi)
* text-only language(s)
Atari handled worldwide publishing, CD Projekt only the Polish.
The censoring (in NA release) is associated with all the instances where you have sex with the gals. This shows only a very scantily clad art piece of the person and nothing else, so it isn't really that explicit even. More like extremely suggestive. The art pieces were re-touched to make them more modest (such as bare breasts being covered). The dryad NPC was made to have more cover as well in-game (the dryad is fully nude in European releases, though the textures are blurry and don't show any great detail).
The Enhanced Edition is available for free as downloadable update for the owners of the original, although it is worth 909 MB of data so expect it to take a while.***The Witcher represents the pinnacle of storytelling in role-playing games, shattering the line between good and evil with a world where moral ambiguity reigns. In a beautiful, rich game universe created by artists first, technology second, the player becomes his own hero in an epic, action-packed narrative uniquely defined by his actions. Returning to the roots of the role-playing genre with a fresh and modern approach, The Witcher emphasizes story and character development in a vibrant world, while incorporating tactically-deep real-time combat like no game before it.
Immersed in a vivid but harsh fantasy world, the player assumes the role of a white-haired witcher named Geralt, a renowned monster-slayer-for-hire and master swordsman with superhuman strength and reflexes. While trying to regain his lost memory, Geralt unwillingly becomes involved in a world-shaking power struggle. Created to provide entertainment for both fans of role-playing games and those seeking fast-paced action, The Witcher brings together epic storytelling and dynamic, visually stunning, and tactically deep action.
* Geralt of Rivia: a one-of-a-kind protagonist
* A charismatic and unique character, Geralt is a mutant swordmaster and professional monster slayer.
* Choose from over 250 special abilities correlated to attributes, combat skills and magical powers to build the character in a way best suited to tactical needs and style of play.
* Original fantasy world drawn from literature
* Inspired by the writings of renowned Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski.
* Featuring adult themes, less fairy-tale than typical fantasy, with mature social issues like racism, political intrigue and genocide.
* It is a harsh world where nothing is black or white, right or wrong, often forcing players to choose between the lesser of two evils to advance.
* Non-linear and captivating storyline
* Full of turns, twists and ambiguous moral decisions which have real impact on the storyline.
* All quests can be accomplished in several ways and the game has three different endings depending on the player's actions and choices throughout the adventure.
* Visually stunning tactical action
* Engage in complex yet intuitive real-time combat based on real medieval sword-fighting techniques.
* Motion capture performed by medieval fighting experts at Frankfurt's renowned Metric Minds studio, resulting in 600 spectacular and authentic in-game combat animations.
* Six combat styles, dozens of potions, complex alchemy system, modifiable weapons and powerful magic add tactical depth to the fluid real-time experience.
„The Witcher" returns to the tradition of the role-playing genre with a fresh and modern approach, emphasizing story and character development in a vibrant world, while incorporating spectacular and well developed combat system like no game before it. The story is set in the world described in five books - giving additional credibility and depth of the background of the story.
The game features the player as a „Witcher", a warrior who has been trained to fight since childhood, subjected to mutations and trials that transformed him. He earns his living killing monsters and is a member of a brotherhood founded long ago to protect people from werewolves, the undead, and a host of other beasts.
Our vision of the game can be described as: A modern story-driven RPG with unique hero, stunning visuals and easy-to-use, yet complex combat system. Perfect both for fans of storytelling and admirers of vigorous action.
Deep and intriguing storyline
* Interesting story full of twists and turns in a complex and coherent setting.
* Most quests can be accomplished in several ways.
* Three different endings that depend on player's actions and choices throughout the whole adventure.
Dynamic and visually spectacular action
* Real time combat with motion captured animations performed by a master of medieval sword combat.
* Ragdoll and rigid body physics, powered by Criterion's Karma Engine to simulate interaction with opponents as well as elements of surrounding.
Original character concept and fantasy world
* The main character is a professional swordmaster and monster slayer.
* Game world which is more „adult" and less „fairy-tale" than typical fantasy.
* The world which is not black and white and is inhabited by believable characters.
Easy to use
* Thanks to transparent and intuitive controls, players are able to enjoy the game right after beginning without a long learning curve. During the game the complexity of the system will be gradually uncovered.
* All actions can be done using the mouse only, however shortcuts for all of them are fully configurable.
|Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare||Activision (Infinity Ward)||2007||[b]Mininum requirements:[/b]
* Window XP or Vista
* Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or Athlon 64 2800+ or any 1.8 Ghz dual core CPU
* 512 MB RAM (768 MB for Vista)
* Geforce 6600 or Radeon 9800 Pro
* 2.4 GHz dual core or better
* 1024 MB RAM (2048 MB for Vista)
* Shader Model 3.0 support
* GeForce 7800 or Radeon X1800
|Crysis||EA Partners (Crytek)||2007||El heredero espiritual del Far Cry, te presenta como un soldado todopoderoso que de golpe se ve en una situación complicada por una fuerza de carácter desconocido.
El uso de poderes hace que el juego funciona de una forma muy similar a las habilidades de un juego de rol (sobretodo porque al usarlos hay que pensar no sólo en sus ventajas sino en las desventajas eventuales), sólo que en vez de gastar maná gastas energía y no presenta especialización más allá de los módulos del arma.
8 de 10***Tagline/Slogan: Adapt, Engage, Survive.***[b]Minimum requirements:[/b]
* Windows XP or Vista
* 2.8 GHz single-core CPU (3.2 GHz for Vista)
* 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB for Vista)
* 256 MB VRAM
* 12 GB free HD space
* 512 kbps internet connection for multiplayer
* 2.2 GHz multi-core CPU
* 2 GB RAM
* GeForce 8800 GTS or equivalent***Earth, 2019: On a remote island, an US science team makes a frightening discovery. The North Korean Government quickly seals off the island chain. Contact with the science team is lost. The United States responds by dispatching an elite team of Delta Force Operators to recon the situation and report back to the Pentagon. Amid rising tensions between the US and North Koreans, a massive, 2km high alien ship is revealed in the middle of the island. The ship generates an immense force sphere, freezing a vast portion of the island and drastically altering the global weather system.
The newly formed alliance fights epic battles against the marauding Aliens. With hope rapidly fading, the player must fight through lush tropical jungle, harsh frozen landscapes, and finally into the heart of the alien ship itself for the ultimate Zero G encounter with the aliens.
* An immersive story that puts you the player in the pivotal role to repel an alien invasion and save mankind.
* A unique three-act structure that forces the player to use real-time armor and weapons customization to adapt to an ever changing dynamic world.
* Encounter a compelling, frightening and totally original alien species that uses its senses intelligently and work in combination with each other to present players with the most challenging opponents yet in an FPS.
* Enemy and ally AI utilize real-world military tactics.
* Take control of a wide variety of land, sea and air vehicles including trucks, tanks, boats and helicopters.
* Explore a living, dynamic world where earthquakes, breaking ice, landslides, and tornados pose a real and an ever-present danger.
* 32-player Multiplayer with real-time armor and weapons customization and an all new mode that combines player modification and tactical objectives.
* Emergent gameplay; actions taken in the game affect future outcomes giving each player a unique experience.
* Highly robust and easy to use mod toolset allow players to create their own expansive levels with game modes for both multiplayer and single player.
* The most realistic environments, spectacular special effects, physics game engine, lighting system and enemy Al through [[tag:cryengine CryENGINE 2]].
[Games for Windows]***Crysis is a next-generation PC first-person shooter from Crytek, the award-winning developers of Far Cry. A stunning technical achievement, Crysis combines incredible visuals, cunning gameplay and an epic story that challenges gamers to adapt to survive.
Global tensions have reached boiling point as the U.S. and North Korea square off in the South China Sea. At stake: a mysterious artifact uncovered by a team of U.S. archeologists.
The North Korean government quickly seizes the area, prompting the U.S. to dispatch an elite team of Delta Force operatives on a rescue mission. During the siege the true nature of the artifact quickly emerges, pointing to the existence of an alien presence on Earth, and ultimately the trigger for a massive-scale alien invasion.
The battle to save Earth begins as the aliens' flash freeze the tropics into a ghostly-white frozen landscape.
As gamers take up arms against the aliens, they will be outfitted with customisable weapons and a high tech nano-suit, allowing them to adapt their tactics and abilities to a hostile, ever-changing environment and a mysterious enemy.
Powered by CryENGINE 2 , Crysis delivers the ultimate DX10 gaming experience for the PC, including unparalleled graphics, special effects and artificial intelligence. The game is also scaleable to deliver a breath-taking FPS experience for older DX9 PCs.
Crysis Key features
• Adapt to Survive - An epic story thrusts players into an ever-changing environment, forcing them to adapt their tactics and approach to conquer battlefields ranging from newly frozen jungle to zero-gravity alien environments.
• Suit Up - A high-tech nano-suit allows gamers to augment their abilities in real time on the battlefield. Players can choose to enhance their speed, strength, armor and cloaking abilities to approach situations in creative tactical ways.
• Customisable Weaponry - A huge arsenal of modular weaponry gives gamers unprecedented control over their play style. Blow the opposition away with experimental weapons like the TAC launcher, discover alien technology and utlise custom ammunition from incendiary-tipped rounds to tactical munitions that can silently put foes to sleep.
• Veni Vidi Vici - Lifelike enemy AI challenges players to assess a situation and approach it strategically. It isn't about having the fastest trigger finger – players are challenged to be proactive in the fight, not reactive.
• Zero-G Gameplay - Battle a horrifying alien species in a true Zero-gravity environment, where physics change everything as players must adapt to moving in Zero-G and contending with the recoil from their weapons and more.
• Next-Generation Graphics - Built from the ground up using Crytek's proprietary CryENGINE 2 , Crysis' visuals define "state of the art," with full DX10 support and scalable options to deliver solid performance on older machines.
• Open, Physicalised World - Choose your own path through the open world of Crysis, destroying obstacles, driving vehicles from VTOL's to boats and using the environment itself against your enemies.
• Bring It Online - Full-featured multiplayer for up to 32 players with real-time armor and weapons customisation. For a pure adrenaline fix hit the Instant Action button, or prepare yourself for the all-new multiplayer PowerStruggle mode that combines economy and vehicle warfare, alien technology and ranking, all wrapped in a strategic objective-based experience.
|Frontlines: Fuel of War||THQ (Kaos Studios)||2008||For up to 32, 64 or more simultaneously online.***Latest version: 1.3.0 (as of ?)***Frontlines : Fuel of War is an open-world First Person Shooter set in the next Great War. In a world ravaged by a global energy crisis, environmental decay, and economic depression, players assume the role of an elite soldier in the "Stray Dogs" strike force in the Western Coalition Army on an epic crusade against the Red Star Alliance to control the last of the world's oil reserves in the Caspian. Frontlines: Fuel of War combines intensely cinematic, non-linear game play, with next generation firepower and a revolutionary frontline combat system to deliver the most thrilling and engaging FPS to date.
* Frontline Combat System – Combat in Frontlines: Fuel of War is focused and intense, in a system that inherently promotes teamwork by creating a unified front of war. In both single player and multiplayer, players join the forces on the frontline that result in focused combat and increased intensity while allowing player choice.
* Open World Environment – Through intensely cinematic, non-linear objectives, players assume the role of an elite soldier in the Stray Dogs Division. Based upon actual locations in Central Asia, the player enters an epic campaign featuring 7 theaters of war with a climactic ending. Players can create their own path to victory with non-linear mission objectives and destructible environments. The player chips away at the battle instead of standard die and redo system.
* Next Generation Firepower – Join the future of war with over 60 vehicles and weapons based off of real military designs of the near future. From futuristic tanks and jets to remote controlled drones and sentry guns, feel the adrenaline rush of utilizing next generation firepower on the battlefield.
* Customizable Soldier System – Character customization allows you to represent your play style through character choices, weapon load out and role specialization. Upgradeable character roles encourages experimentation, increases replay value and combined with the open world environment and teamwork, provide numerous combinations to achieve objectives.
* Advanced Team Play – Supports up to 32+ players on Console and 64+ players on PC via LAN or Internet for large scale wars online utilizing shared targeting systems to promote teamwork.
* Windows XP or Vista (32/64 bit edition)
* Pentium 2.8 GHz or Athlon 2800+
* 768 MB RAM (1 GB for Vista)
* GeForce 6800 GT or Radeon X800XT
* 15 GB free HD space
* Broadband connection w/ min upload 768K (for hosting games, not playing)
* .NET Framework 1.1 or greater
* Intel Core 2 E6400 (2.13GHz) or Athlon X2 5000+
* 1.5 GB RAM
* GeForce 8600 GTX or Radeon X2600
* Sound Blaster X-Fi series soundcard
|Mass Effect||Microsoft Game Studios (BioWare;Demiurge Studios)||2008||Latest version: 1.02 (as of ?)
* 1.01 (?)***Not as great as I expected, and the driving around in Mako is horrible most of the time as well as the final bit of the ending just makes me feel sickly. My recommendation is, if you want to enjoy this game, stick to the main story and avoid any side exploration/quests completely, and try to bear the last bit of the ending (the parts where humans talk). Replayability comes mostly from dialogs as otherwise the game gets quite dull, and unfortunately you need those dialogs to progress your renegade/paragon ranks to open the more interesting dialog choices since these are separate from your regular leveling and skills.***[b]Free expansions:[/b]
* [url=http://masseffect.bioware.com/galacticcodex/bringdownthesky.html]Bring Down the Sky[/url]
* Pinnacle Station (2009-10)***Comes on 2 DVDs but I have no idea what the second DVD is supposed to be for (backup?).***[b]technomagic[/b] — the "biotics" used in the game do not really fit into any of the groups we have neatly, technomagic and psionics being the closest, but since the ME universe also has psychics, technomagic is all that there's left.
[b]multiple endings[/b] — more like ending with variations; the core of it stays the same. [spoiler=Ending spoiler;Close spoiler]However, a notable difference is that if the alien council survived or not, depending on if you chose to save them. If you didn't, humanity will take charge, otherwise humanity is invited to take place as the fourth council race. Other, "more important", details stay the same regardless.[/spoiler]
[b]special agent protagonist[/b] — player is appointed a job similar to this somewhat early in the game, so this isn't true from the start.
[b]nationalism[/b] — the protagonist and his higher ups are constantly trying to drive the cause of the Human Alliance, it's importance and how you're part of it is constantly hammered at you and occasionally you get to do the same for others.
[b]unlikely sentients[/b] — Rachni, Geth to some degree (in mythos puts them on par with rogue A.I.), the plant creature, and some others
[b]dialog-keywords[/b] / [b]dialog-stance[/b] — some are full sentences but not actually what is said, generally these are only choices on what to discuss and [i]how[/i] to respond (aggressively or calm negotiator style)***[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Windows XP or Vista
* 2.4 GHz Intel or 2.0 GHz AMD CPU
* 1 GB RAM (XP), 2 GB RAM (Vista)
* GPU w/ Shader Model 3.0
* GeForce 6800 or ATI X1300 XT
* 12 GB free HD space
* 1X DVD-ROM drive
* 2.6+ GHz Intel or 2.4+ GHz AMD CPU
* 2 GB RAM
* ATI X1800 XL or GeForce 7900 GTX or better***US 2008-05-27
|Alone in the Dark||Atari;Akella (Eden Games;Hydravision Entertainment)||2008||Latest version: retail***THEY SAID CENTRAL PARK WAS FOR THE PEOPLE... THEY LIED.
Central Park was not built as a haven for the people of New York, but for something else entirely. Now the truth can no longer be contained.
In one apocalyptic night, Edward Carnby must fight the unimaginable to reveal the earth-shattering secret of Central Park.
Intense story: Told in thrilling episodes of action, plot twists and cliff-hangers
Improvise to survive: Use your imagination to create devastating new weapons
Exhilarating gameplay: Blockbuster action, tense exploration, dangerous driving, vicious fights
Pyromania: Play with fire but don't get burned
Never Get Stuck: DVD-style chapter select lets everyone reach the game's climax
NEW YORK WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN.
[Box blurb]***UPC: [code]742725273887[/code]***[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Windows XP w/ SP2 or Vista
* Pentium D 2.6 GHz or Athlon X2 3800+
* 1 GB RAM
* 7.7 GB HD space
* 2.2 GHz Core 2 CPU
* 2 GB RAM***This is the most bugged game I've seen in ages, and have to wonder how they manage to sell any copies of it out at all.
Besides that, the concepts and gameplay elements they've invented up are quite refreshing, but don't do much in the light of the bugs that prevent you from enjoying it.
After crashing or otherwise exhibiting bugs, it is good idea to exit the game and delete Alone_Data_DFE folder and possibly drm_dyndata_*.dll file in the system temp folder. Removing these seems to at least temporarily fix any bugging, until Eden Games releases a patch for the issues.***EU 2008-06-20
RU 2008-06-?? by Akella (possibly only distribution)
|Crysis Warhead||EA Partners (Crytek Studios - Budapest)||2008||Aunque su forma de juego de soldado futurista con poderes es similar al Crysis original, la falta total de suspense en pos de una acción continua desvirtúa un poco el juego, compensando ligeramente este problema con la inclusión del Crysis Wars (multijugador)
7 de 10***Tagline/Slogan: Adapt, Engage, Dominate!***Officially the game is "Crysis Warhead" although all graphical representations of the title imply "Crysis: Warhead" to be correct. The lack of subtitle separation is somewhat unusual.***Comes on 2 DVDs, with Warhead on the first and Crysis Wars (the multiplayer part) on the second. Both require separate installation.***Catalog number: [code]EAE07706196[/code]***[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Windows XP SP2 or Vista
* 2.8 GHz Pentium IV, 2 GHz Core 2 Duo, or Athlon 2800+ CPU
* 1 GB RAM
* 256 MB VRAM
* GeForce 6800 GT or Radeon 9800 Pro GPU
* 15 GB HD space***Adapt. Engage. Dominate!
Take on the fight as the volatile Sergeant "Psycho" Sykes in a new parallel story taking place during the events of Crysis. Psycho's secret mission will take him to the other side of the island on a ruthless pursuit of a North Korean general hell-bent on obtaining powerful technology. With the versatile powers of his Nanosuit and an arsenal of fully customizable weapons & vehicles at his disposal, Sykes will do whatever it takes to carry out his top-secret objective.
Action on the other side of the island is more intense, the battles are fierce, and the mission protocol is no longer "Adapt to Survive". As Sergeant Sykes, now you must adapt to dominate the battle. Twin SMG's blazing, seizing new vehicles, or going stealth, the action and the victory is on your terms.
* Pulse-racing new installment from 2007's PC Game of the Year*: Play as Sergeant Sykes and experience a whole new side of the battle. A standard combat mission behind enemy lines becomes critical when you discover your enemies have captured something of vital importance to the ensuing war. It's down to you to retrieve the cargo, at any cost.
* More explosive and dynamic minute to minute game play: new customizable weapons, new vehicles, new photorealistic locations to explore, and a fully interactive war zone to dominate.
* Enhanced human and alien AI: Intelligent enemies, bigger challenges, and all-new ally squad support.
* Includes Crysis Wars , an expanded new multiplayer experience with new online modes and 21 maps including seven all-new maps to battle it out against other players.
* Crysis Warhead is a standalone release and does not require ownership of Crysis to play.
[EA]***Announced on June 5, 2008.
|Far Cry 2||Ubisoft (Ubisoft Montréal)||2008||Con un entorno mucho más abierto que la anterior entrega, manejas a un futuro queso gruyere con patas y malaria en un entorno africano muy interesante.
Juego muy completo, la misión de la plantación no tiene pérdida.
P.D: Odiarás el proceso conocido como oxidación.
7 de 10***[b]Fortunes[/b] DLC features:
Single player additional content:
* Three brand-new weapons: Silenced shotgun, Sawed-off shotgun, Crossbow
* Two new vehicles: Unimog, Quad
Multiplayer additional content:
* Additional weapons and four new exciting maps: Cheap Labor, Last Resort, Lake Smear, Fort Fury***[b]lives[/b] - this is almost the same as [url=/groups/info/deathless]deathless[/url]; you have 1 extra life which is used when you "die" and your partner arrives to drag you off to relative safety. However, if you die again before your partner is ready to save you (gain 1 up, so to speak), you die for good. You meet your partner in one of the safe houses when she's ready to do it again.***[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Windows XP w/ SP2 or Vista w/ SP1
* 3.2 GHz Pentium IV, 2.66 GHz Pentium D or Athlon 64 3500+ CPU
* 1 GB RAM (2 GB for Vista)
* 256 MB VRAM
* GeForce 6800 or Radeon X1650 GPU
* 6 GB HD space
* Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD 64 X2 5200+ or AMD Phenom CPU
* 2 GB RAM
* 512 Mb VRAM
* GeForce 8600 GTS or Radeon X1900 GPU
* 5.1 soundcard***Far Cry 2, the next-generation first-person shooter from Ubisoft, will take you deep into the most beautiful but also most hostile environments in the world: Africa! More than just a visual and technological achievement, Far Cry 2, the true sequel to the award-winning PC game, will provide you with an unprecedented gaming experience.
Caught between two rival factions in war-torn Africa, you are sent to take out "The Jackal", a mysterious character who has rekindled the conflict between the warlords, jeopardizing thousands of lives. In order to fulfil your mission you will have to play the factions against each other, identify and exploit their weaknesses, and neutralise their superior numbers and firepower with surprise, subversion, cunning and, of course, brute force.
The extensive artistic research combined with the next-gen engine will allow you to explore over 50Km2 of seamlessly rendered African landscape. No game has ever provided such freedom of movement!
The Dunia Engine was built specifically for Far Cry 2 by the award-winning Ubisoft Montréal development team. It delivers the most realistic destructible environments, amazing special effects such as dynamic fire propagation and storm effects, real-time night-and-day cycle, dynamic music system, non-scripted enemy A.I. and so much more...
Real-time story telling, systemic auto-healing, minimal in-game interface are just few of the features that will make you feel the tension of being alone against barbarous warlords that threaten thousands of innocent lives.
WEAPONS OF CHOICE
Choose from a wide range of weapons to make your way to your primary target. Meet the fight head-on with your machine-gun, go berserk with your machete or make stealth kills as a Sniper. If you feel that the atmosphere is not warm enough, light up your flamethrower and let your enemies and everything around them feel the heat.
Fly, Drive, Run, slide and hover over the huge open world with your glider, trucks, cars, boats and much more.
|Fallout 3||Bethesda Softworks (Bethesda Game Studios)||2008||A spin and rebirth of the saga, brings back a desolate atmosphere but in FPS-packed-action; neverless, the VATS compensates incredibly for the turn-system action.
Sadly, the story empowers epicness over good story, with immortal characters an black/white characters in general (there are exceptions)
But is important for being the predecessor of Fallout: New Vegas, who is better in every way possible and retakes the old developers of Fallout 1 and 2.
8 de 10***[b]Non-free add-ons:[/b] (DLC)
* [url=http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/info/opanc.html]Operation: Anchorage[/url] (2009-01-27)
* [url=http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/info/thepitt.html]The Pitt[/url] (2009-03-24)
* Broken Steel (2009-05-05)
* Point Lookout (2009-06-23)
* Mothership Zeta (2009-07-29?)
Available only through the Microsoft LIVE service (for both Windows and X360). GOTY edition of the game comes with all five DLCs included.***Bethesda decided, without anyone asking them to (or being required to do so by anything), to censor the Japanese release. This includes changes such as removing NPC Burke from the Power of the Atom side-quest and the option to detonate the a-bomb in the city of Megaton.
Bethesda: [url]http://www.bethsoft.com/jpn/news/20081110a.html[/url]***Latest version: 22.214.171.124 (as of 2009-01-13)***[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Windows XP or Vista
* 1GB RAM (2 GB for Vista)
* 2.4 Ghz Pentium IV CPU
* 256 MB VRAM
* GeForce 6800 or Radeon X850 GPU
* 6 GB HD space
* Core 2 Duo CPU
* 2 GB RAM
* 512 MB VRAM***[b]active pause[/b] — VATS functions like active pause even if it isn't [i]exactly[/i] that; using the PipBoy also effectively pauses the game.
[b]cannibalism[/b] — you meet current and "former" cannibals and can become one yourself by picking the "cannibal" perk.
[b]auto-regen[/b] — there are at least two perks that give this under certain conditions, normally not present.
[b]growing protagonist[/b] — goes through from birth to ages of 1, 10, 16 and 19. This effectively covers character creation completely and offers some backstory.
[b]slavery[/b] — besides being somewhat common topic, player can also partake in this activity by stunning and collaring people (the collar will cause the slave's head to explode if they try to escape).
[b]variable ending[/b] — the ending is constructed of 3 things: karma and two choices near the end that form total of around 10 "unique" endings (if minor details are ignored) constructed out of 28 video segments (see breakdown at [url=http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_endings]Fallout wiki[/url]). Only around 4 endings if you play them out in very archetypical manner.
[b]thx-1138[/b] — the number is encountered at least in [i]The Republic of Dave[/i], unconfirmed reference.***Project started in 2004***Description:
Vault-Tec engineers have worked around the clock on an interactive reproduction of Wasteland life for you to enjoy from the comfort of your own vault. Included is an expansive world, unique combat, shockingly realistic visuals, tons of player choice, and an incredible cast of dynamic characters. Every minute is a fight for survival against the terrors of the outside world – radiation, Super Mutants, and hostile mutated creatures. From Vault-Tec, America's First Choice in Post Nuclear Simulation.
Vault 101 – Jewel of the Wastes. For 200 years, Vault 101 has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you've ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.
* Limitless Freedom! – Take in the sights and sounds of the vast Capital Wasteland! See the great monuments of the United States lying in post-apocalyptic ruin! You make the choices that define you and change the world. Just keep an eye on your Rad Meter!
* Experience S.P.E.C.I.A.L.! – Vault-Tec engineers bring you the latest in human ability simulation – the SPECIAL Character System! Utilizing new breakthroughs in points-based ability representation, SPECIAL affords unlimited customization of your character. Also included are dozens of unique skills and perks to choose from, each with a dazzling variety of effects!
* Fantastic New Views! – The wizards at Vault-Tec have done it again! No longer constrained to just one view, experience the world from 1st or 3rd person perspective. Customize your view with the touch of a button!
* The Power of Choice! – Feeling like a dastardly villain today, or a Good Samaritan? Pick a side or walk the line, as every situation can be dealt with in many different ways. Talk out your problems in a civilized fashion, or just flash your Plasma Rifle.
* Blast ‘Em Away With V.A.T.S.! – Even the odds in combat with the Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System for your Pip-Boy Model 3000! V.A.T.S. allows you to pause time in combat, target specific body parts on your target, queue up attacks, and let Vault-Tec take out your aggression for you. Rain death and destruction in an all-new cinematic presentation.
* Mind-Blowing Artificial Intelligence! – At Vault-Tec, we realize that the key to reviving civilization after a global nuclear war is people. Our best minds pooled their efforts to produce an advanced version of Radiant AI, America's First Choice in Human Interaction Simulation. Facial expressions, gestures, unique dialog, and lifelike behavior are brought together with stunning results by the latest in Vault-Tec technology.
* Eye-Popping Prettiness! – Witness the harsh realities of nuclear fallout rendered like never before in modern super-deluxe HD graphics. From the barren Wasteland, to the danger-filled offices and metro tunnels of DC, to the hideous rotten flesh of a mutant's face.
|F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin||Warner Bros. Interactive (Monolith Productions)||2009||Was worked on simply as "Project Origin" before Monolith re-acquired the rights to the F.E.A.R. title from Vivendi.***Comes on 2 DVDs.***[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Windows XP SP2 or Vista SP1
* 2.8 GHz Pentium IV or Athlon 64 3000+ CPU
* 1 GB RAM
* 256 MB VRAM
* GeForce 6800 or Radeon X700 GPU
* 12 GB HD space
* 2.2 GHz Core 2 Duo or Athlon 64 X2 4400+ CPU
* 1.5 GB RAM
* 512 MB VRAM
* GeForce 8600 GTS or Radeon HD 2900 XT
|The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena||Vivendi Games (Starbreeze Studios;Tigon Studios)||2009||[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Windows XP w/ SP2 or Vista
* Pentium D 805 or Athlon X2 3800+ CPU
* 1 GB RAM
* Radeon HD 2600 XT or GeForce 6800 Ultra GPU
* 11 GB HD space
* 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo or Athlon X2 5200+ CPU
* 2 GB RAM
* Radeon HD 3850 or GeForce 8800 GT GPU***[b]tages[/b] - Atari has made a promise (of a sort) to remove this at some point in the future. [url]http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=673039[/url]
-- Butcher Bay specific: prisonbreak, mine, subterranean, npcspawning
-- Dark Athena specific: cyborgs, spacecraft-location, submachineguns, remotedetonators***US 2009-06-16 on Steam; uses Tages copy protection like the retail release with "3 machine activation limit".
... elsewhere much later (on 2009-11-30??)
|Overlord II||Codemasters (Triumph Studios)||2009||Lo mejor de ser un hijo bastardo de Sauron con odio por todo lo pacífico y bello es poder hacer un enorme viaje turístico buscando a quien quiere acabar con la magia que te da vida, y someter y aplastar todo a tu paso con unos seres tan salvajes como estúpidos, y con un gusto por lo brillante que ni las urracas.
Muy recomendable es revisitar zonas para equipar hasta arriba a tus siervos marrones, y aún más recomendable complacer a todas tus acompañantes.
Sencillo, divertido y adictivo.
8 de 10***[b]prejudice[/b] — most notably in the first level when you play as young Witch-boy. The name is obviously derogatory and many of the adults remark on your odd looks and the other kids actively bully you (though you bully back).
[b]suppression[/b] — any town in your or Glorious Empire's control. Your mind control of the populace is more effective, but the peasants apparently retain their ability to speak with their own mind (which usually involves their poor treatment), they're simply forced to work rather than being controlled absolutely.
[b]unusual protagonist[/b] — human(?) with magic abilities is apparently quite rare, though his skin is also blue and tattooed by nature with glowing eyes and other features that make him look evil. Likely the reason he's called Witch-boy even from early childhood.
[b]possession[/b] — occasionally you get to possess one of your minions so you can direct them in places where your "Imposing Presence" can't quite fit.
--- not applicable (explanations for "why not?")
[url=/groups/info/children]Children[/url] - only encountered during growing phase.
* Unlike in the original Overlord game, the protagonist is quite useful in melee combat. You actually deal damage faster than any of your minions to single enemies and large masses, this was reversed in the original where you could barely do anything useful without your minions (besides throwing magic at them).***Note! The internet multiplayer is accomplished solely through a matchmaking service, so you CAN'T play multiplayer online with anyone specific you might want to (fox example, your friends)..***2009-06-25 on Steam (lang: eng, fre, ger, spa, ita, pol)
|Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood||Ubisoft (Techland)||2009||labelimageminimize|
|Champions Online||Atari (Cryptic Studios)||2009||Earth's first and best line of defense is its heroes. For generations, brave men and women have answered the call to protect the world from the villains who threaten its safety and security. Today, organizations such as VIPER, ARGENT and PSI use both superpowers and super technology in their dastardly plots to control the world. Creatures from outer space and other dimensions seek to enslave humanity. Super scientist Teleios is creating an army of clones and superpowered constructs to do his bidding. The greatest threat of all is Doctor Destroyer. A superhuman genius driven to conquer, Destroyer will not stop until all of humanity bends knee to his greatness. In 1992, Destroyer obliterated the city of Detroit and killed thousands. With years to prepare, his next attack is sure to put the entire planet in peril. Led by The Champions, protectors of Millennium City, the world's heroes have launched a crusade for peace, security and justice. But they need allies. Defender is calling for a new generation of superheroes to fight in a war against evil that spans the globe - and beyond. Save the world. Be a Champion.***2009-09-01 on Steam, by Atari (lang: eng)||labelimagesubject|
|Red Faction: Guerrilla||THQ (Volition)||2009||An incredibly fun 3rd person shooter, with some melee and driving features and a big and destructable open world.
Includes some cool mission styles and a few interesting and unique weapons.
8 of 10***[b]Performance issues?[/b]
If the games gets sluggish when large structures are collapsing, some have had success with lowering the game's priority from default to something lower.***[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Windows XP or Vista
* 2 GHz dual-core CPU
* 1 GB RAM
* 128 MB VRAM
* GeForce 7600 GT or Radeon X1300 GPU
* 15 GB HD space (stated; 7 GB actually)
* 3.2 GHz dual-core CPU
* 2 GB RAM
* 256 MB VRAM
* GeForce 8800 GT or Radeon HD3850 GPU***SMASH AUTHORITY
Lead the Red Faction revolution using guerrilla tactics and strategic destruction in an epic battle for control of the red planet.
Guerrilla tactics: Raid military compounds, rescue revolutionaries, and sabotage EDF supply lines.
Geo-Mod 2.0: Tear down enemy strongholds brick by brick with the most realistic destruction engine to date.
Multiplayer: Put your demolition skills to the test with 16 player anarchy, siege, and damage control modes.
[Box blurb]***EAN-13: [code]4005209113038[/code]***Red Faction: Guerrilla is a 3rd person, open-world action shooter set on Mars, 50 years after the events of the original Red Faction. Players assume the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force. Throughout their fight for freedom, players carve their own path, wreaking havoc across the vast, open-world environment of Mars, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos. Utilizing improvised weapons, explosives and re-purposed mining equipment and vehicles, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to tear through fully destructible environments in an unforgiving Martian landscape swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire. Red Faction: Guerrilla also features a robust multiplayer component, including several modes focused on destruction-based gameplay.***2009-09-11 on Steam, by THQ (lang: eng, cze, fre, ger, ita, jap, pol, rus, spa)
|Risen||Deep Silver (Piranha Bytes)||2009||Un juego de acción/RPG que combina bastante bien la exploración y un ligero plataformeo con combates de corte sencilla.
Notable las diferentes reacciones de los diversos enemigos (agresivos, territoriales...)
7 sobre 10***The game left me feeling it was incomplete and that the main plot had a lot to be desired of. The side quests were however fairly entertaining and far better (and time consuming) than the main plot, giving this a bit of an impression on Elder Scrolls series which also thrives from side-quests rather than the main plot.
However, unlike most RPGs ever, player can actually fight and defeat end-game opponents fairly early on as combat is mainly based on player skill rather than numbers (attributes, statistics, etc.), though due to lacking numbers these will take a bit more time. Even the final boss is beatable with fairly low level character (maybe as low as 10) since it's not that dependent on player having any numerical advantages. Levels mainly making combat go faster because you deal more damage and makes mistakes more forgiving, but they don't really help you fight the enemy, since levels do not make you immune to shield breaks, enemy dodging, or cause you to dodge automatically.
Overall this is fairly enjoyable game, but loses most of its appeal once you have nothing else than the main plot to do (around chapter 2 or 3). The ending is also disappointing as it does not really solve the original issue at all. Variety of smaller bugs can make the game experience jarring and the jest spell not having any effect it is claimed to have (beyond making characters laugh) despite frequent claims that it does, does make the game feel rushed.***An epic story in an authentic world hand-crafted with an eye for detail and populated by "real", plausible characters. A Mysterious Volcanic Island The heavy tremors on the island bode ill for its inhabitants. Ancient temples have risen from the ground recently, bizarre creatures are terrorising the area. Fear and terror is spreading among the population. The End of All Hope? A group of powerful men who call themselves "The Inquisitors" have taken it upon them-selves to put an end to these events. They send an exhibition to this remote island, but a storm takes hold of the ship and destroys it at sea. A Hero Will Come - As if by a miracle, the player survives the shipwreck and is stranded on the volcanic island alone. He finds himself amidst a chaos of rebellion, tyranny and mystic rituals. He must now decide to which side the pendulum of fate will swing.***Very similar to Gothic series which was also by Piranha Bytes.
|Borderlands||2K Games (Gearbox Software)||2009||DLC add-ons:
* The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned (2009-12-09)
* Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot (2010-01-07)
* The Secret Armory of General Knoxx (2010-02-25)
* Claptrap's New Robot Revolution (2010-10-29)***[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Windows XP or Vista
* 2.4 GHz CPU
* 1 GB RAM
* 256 MB VRAM
* GeForce 7 series or Radeon HD2400 GPU
* TCP: 7777, 28900, 28910
* UDP: 7777, 27900***Latest version: 1.40 (as of 2010-09-28)
* 1.31 (2010-08-04)
* 1.30 (2010-02-25)
* 1.21 (2010-02-02)
* 1.20 (2010-01-08)
* 1.01 (2009-11-16)***For 1-4 players simultaneously.***As the first title in an all-new sci-fi action franchise, Borderlands combines the best elements of Gearbox Software's first-person action titles with player customization and vehicular combat. Borderlands features a unique content generation system allowing for near-endless variety in missions, environments, enemies, weapons, item drops and character customization. Borderlands is a cooperative experience, allowing for multiple players to share the same game experience simultaneously online. Players can freely join or leave each other’s games at anytime, or choose to play in the full single-player mode. Borderlands features life-like character animations, impressive real-time physics, and customizable vehicles. More details to follow.
|Divinity II: Ego Draconis||DTP Entertainment;Atari (Larian Studios)||2009||[b]comic relief[/b] - Bellegar at the very least, some mind reading does this too.***[b]Divinity II - Ego Draconis[/b] brings you back to Rivellon, a timeless world of awe and magic, torn and scarred by successions of apocalyptic wars. Ever since the Great War ended, the Order of the Dragon Slayers has had eyes only for their number one enemy: the Dragon Knights who killed their Divine hero.
But all the while the true enemy ? the Black Ring ? still festers beneath the surface, ready for its next move, poised to strike. For their leader Damian tirelessly plots silent schemes with utterly malign intent.
Then one day, an event takes place that will reshape the history of Rivellon: a dying Dragon Knight gives her powers to a member of the order that seeks to destroy her: you.
Perhaps you, blessed as you are with the powers of the Dragon, will be able to stop the black tides that threaten to engulf Rivellon. Many adventures await you, many mysteries yearn to be unravelled and all the world awaits the outcome of your new destiny.
* [i]Sequel to the award-winning Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity Role Playing Games![/i]
Following the lineage of these two much-acclaimed RPGs, Divinity II: Ego Draconis has adapted many of the most famous elements that made these two original games classics. Divinity II: Ego Draconis makes use of the same classless system that was incorporated in Divine Divinity, which allows you to choose your own path as you become a Dragon Knight.
* [i]Fight as both a human and a dragon.[/i]
Don't settle for taming and riding a dragon when you can be the Dragon! For the first time, an RPG unleashes the very power of the Dragon on you! Climb high and vaporize all that stands in your way as you strategically use both your human and dragon forms to defeat Damian and become the ultimate Dragon Knight!
* [i]Dynamically unfolding storyline depending on your choices and skills.[/i]
Divinity II : Ego Draconis gives you a wide range of moral choices when deciding on how to act on quest objectives. When you make these choices, the consequences of your actions appear throughout game play. Consequences such as up to 20 possible quest solutions, new quest chains, NPC reactions, vendor pricing and other experience-altering consequences make Divinity II: Ego Draconis very interesting and engaging.
* [i]Use your powerful Battle Tower as base of operations.[/i]
Looming like a colossal stone claw over Sentinel Island, stands the Battle Tower, a vast citadel built many centuries ago by Maxos, the Dragon Mage. Become bound to the Battle Tower through a mystical relic known as the Dragon Stone. The Dragon Stone allows you to teleport to the Battle Tower at any moment so that you can utilize the powers within.
* [i]Build your very own ultimate fighting creature.[/i]
Conjure the spirits to bring to life a creature made from body parts you have collected during your battles. This creature?s power is literally the sum of its body parts; the composition of various limbs determines its strengths and abilities. Once you are able to assemble this abomination, you may summon it to support you in combat.
* Windows XP or Vista
* 2.4 GHz Pentium IV CPU
* 1 GB RAM
* 256 MB VRAM
* GeForce 6800GT GPU
* 7 GB HD space
* 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo E8200 CPU
* 2.5 GB RAM
* 512 MB VRAM
* GeForce 8800 GPU
|S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat||GSC World Publishing;Deep Silver (GSC Game World)||2009||There's been few notable changes from previous Stalker games, notably that secret stashes can be looted without gaining knowledge of their location beforehand which was a requirement in both SoC and CS. You no longer can join the factions, though you can still help each. Upgrading equipment is far from the chore it was in CS, though still requires some work. And buyers no longer accept badly damaged equipment.***[b]Minimum:[/b]
* 2 GHz Pentium IV CPU
* 512 MB RAM
* 128 MB VRAM
* GeForce 5700 or Radeon 9600 GPU
* Core 2 Duo E7400 or Athlon X2 64 5600+ CPU
* 2 GB RAM
* 512 MB VRAM
* GeForce 9800 or Radeon HD4850 GPU***The events of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat unfold shortly after the end of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. Having discovered about the open path to the Zone center, the government decides to hold a large-scale military "Fairway" operation aimed to take the CNPP under control.
According to the operation's plan, the first military group is to conduct an air scouting of the territory to map out the detailed layouts of anomalous fields location. Thereafter, making use of the maps, the main military forces are to be dispatched. Despite thorough preparations, the operation fails. Most of the avant-garde helicopters crash. In order to collect information on reasons behind the operation failure, Ukraine's Security Service send their agent into the Zone center. From now on everything depends on the player.
Key game features
* Photorealistic exclusion Zone – Pripyat town, Yanov railway station, Jupiter factory, Kopachi village and more, recreated by their true-to-life prototypes.
* New story, a number of unique characters.
* Extended system of side quests.
* New monsters: Chimera and Burer. New behaviour and abilities for all monsters.
* New A-Life system, created using the players' best-liked elements of the first two games in series.
* Emissions considerably influence the world of the Zone.
* Sleep function added into the game.
* New player's interface.
* Possibility to continue the game after completion in a freeplay mode.
* The game is developed on X-Ray engine v.1.6
|World of Tanks||Wargaming.net||2010||Battle tank combat with World War 2 era and later tanks, roughly from 1930s to 1950s period.***Tags no longer applicable: (only valid for older versions)
* invisible walls (removed with 8.0 version as physics engine was updated)***[b]USSR:[/b]
Light tanks: MS-1, BT-2, T-26, BT-7, T-46, A-20
Medium tanks: T-28, T-34, T-34-85, T-43, T-44
Heavy tanks: KV, KV-1S, KV-3, IS, IS-3, IS-4, IS-7
Tank destroyers: AT-1, SU-76, SU-85B, SU-85, SU-100, SU-152, ISU-152
SPGs: SU-18, SU-26, SU-5, SU-8, S-51, SU-14
Premium*: M3 Stuart, Valentine, A-32, Churchill, KV-220, Matilda
Light tanks: Leichttraktor, PzKpfw 35 (t), PzKpfw II, PzKpfw 38 (t), PzKpfw II Luchs, PzKpfw III Ausf. A, VK 1602 Leopard
Medium tanks: PzKpfw III, PzKpfw III/IV, PzKpfw IV, VK 3001 (H), VK 3001 (P), VK 3601 (H), VK 3002 (DB), PzKpfw V Panther
Heavy tanks: PzKpfw VI Tiger, PzKpfw VIB Tiger II, VK 4502 (P) Ausf. B, Maus
Tank destroyers: Panzerjäger I, Marder II, Hetzer, StuG III, JagdPz IV, Jagdpanther, Ferdinand, Jagdtiger
SPGs: Sturmpanzer I Bison, Sturmpanzer II, Wespe, Grille, Hummel
Premium*: PzKpfw 38H735 (f), PzKpfw B2 740(f), PzKpfw S35 739 (f), PzKpfw V-IV, PzKpfw V-IV Alpha
Light tanks: T1 Cunningham, M2 Light Tank, M3 Stuart, M5 Stuart
Medium tanks: T2 Medium Tank, M2 Medium Tank, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M7, M4A3E8 Sherman, T20, T23
Heavy tanks: T1 Heavy, M6, T29, T32, T34, T30
SPGs: T57, M37, M7 Priest, M41
Premium*: T2 Light Tank, Ram-II, T-14
* only available with microtransactions and are outside of the tech tree***[b]World of Tanks[/b] is a team-based massively multiplayer online action game dedicated to armored warfare. Throw yourself into the epic tank battles of World War II with other steel cowboys all over the world. Your arsenal includes more than 150 armored vehicles from America, Germany, and the Soviet Union, carefully detailed with historical accuracy.
A flexible system of authentic vehicle upgrade and development allows you to try any of the vehicles and weapons in the game. Whether you prefer to exhaust your foes with fast and maneuverable light tanks, make deep breaches in enemy lines with all-purpose medium tanks, use the force of giant tanks to eliminate opposing armored forces, or become a heavy sniper with long-range howitzers, each unit type has its own advantages and can be extremely effective when operated by a true tank ace.
But being a great tank commander alone isn't enough to win! In the World of Tanks, it’s all about teamwork. Victory is achieved by combining your combat skills with those of the other members of your team, each playing their own role on the battlefield. Just add your favorite strategy to build your own iron empire and manifest the indisputable authority of the tank power!
[b]The Ultimate Armored Warfare Experience[/b]
Dive into intense tank-on-tank combat to enjoy an amazing new battlefield experience with a balance of multiple genres. A unique blend of these "ingredients," supported by top-notch graphics and stunning audiovisual effects, provides endless challenge and excitement.
[b]Simulator[/b]. Authentic models and vehicle characteristics make you feel like a real tank commander taking part in a furious armored offensive.
[b]RPG[/b]. Your armored steed isn't just a tin can on tracks - it’s a living, evolving mechanism that should be treated accordingly. Research your available upgrades and modifications to enhance its performance on the battlefield.
[b]Action[/b]. Take part in joint operations to spot, track, and destroy enemy units and engage in head-to-head duels where your speed and reaction time is as important as in any co-op shooter.
[b]Strategy[/b]. There’s only one simple rule to follow - don't be a hero. Rally your comrades to devise a battle plan and assign roles, then move out and defeat your enemy on the field of honor.
[b]Dynamic Combat System[/b]
New players jump into battle in less than a minute to take part in short, decisive combat actions designed to ensure fast and action-oriented warfare. As you are thrown onto the battlefield, you must be bold, decisive, and flexible to succeed in the maelstrom of iron and fire.
[b]Epic Tank Clashes[/b]
Intense battles with up to 60 combat vehicles unfold on enormous and detailed battlefields featuring a variety of terrain from open fields with hills and forests to deserts and industrial zones. The terrain offers a wide scope for tactical decisions from aggressive fast-paced thrusts to elaborate flanking operations and diversionary attacks.
[b]Deep Squad-based Gameplay[/b]
Out to conquer the world? Then our highly addictive squad-based gameplay is your ultimate goal. Countless new lands and territories let you show off your teamwork - the key to victory. The distribution and timely accomplishment of tasks and objectives within your squad gives you a critical advantage over your disorganized rivals.***[b]Minimum:[/b]
* 2 GHz CPU
* 1 GB RAM
* 128 MB VRAM
* GeForce 6600 GT GPU
* 2 GB HD Space
* 128 Kbps (16 KB/s) internet connection
* 3 GHz CPU
* 2 GB RAM
* 256 MB VRAM
* GeForce 8600 GT
* 3 GHz dual-core CPU
* 512 MB VRAM
* GeForce 9800 GPU
* 1024 Kbps (128 KB/s) internet connection
|Assassin's Creed II||Ubisoft (Ubisoft Montreal)||2010||Con una gran variedad de misiones secundarias y mucha más exploración, parece mejor que el primer juego. Sin embargo, un Ezio con demasiados cachivaches (o demasiada munición según se mire) y con habilidades de combate demasiado poderosas (como poder bloquear con la hoja oculta) hacen que las misiones se tornen muy asequibles. Además el sigilo no prima tanto como en el primer juego.
7 de 10***Deluxe Edition adds 3 maps: Palazzo Medici, Santa Maria Dei Frari, and the Arsenal Shipyard. Ad speech mentions secret treasures and nothing else. Unknown if this means simply florins or actual equipment.***Undefined game-play elements: blending in with the crowd, hiring prostitutes (or others?) to serve as cover (controllable crowd) or to distract those who'd wish you harm.***Continues Desmond Miles' story right where it ended in the first game, even if Altair is no longer his alter ego inside the Animus.
|Global Agenda||Hi-Rez Studios||2010||To summarize my view of what Global Agenda is: Sci-fi [game=#157590]Guild Wars[/game], even though that isn't exactly accurate.***GLOBAL AGENDA is a fast-paced action MMO using Unreal® Engine 3 set in Earth's near future, a spy-fi world of advanced technology and player-driven conflict.
In the wake of severe global disaster, the political face of 22nd century earth has changed and player-created factions scheme against each other for power. Traditional full-scale wars a thing of the past, factions must rely on covert agencies, teams of elite special operatives able to seize and defend key facilities. The future of humanity is their battleground, where knowledge is power, technology is a race, and everyone has an agenda.
The players control the world of Global Agenda, forging alliances with their peers and executing lightning strikes against their enemies. They determine which factions to aid and which to oppose, while the only thing that stands in their way is other agencies.
* Develop your agent - Create, extensively customize, and improve your agent character over the course of your career, complimenting your FPS skills with RPG-style progression and high-tech gear.
* Advance your agency - Join a player-created agency, compete in technology races for advanced equipment, and capture critical locations to increase your influence in the world.
* Compete in fast-paced PvP combat - Work with your allies to gather reconnaissance data, then raid or capture enemy-controlled facilities during objective-based missions. Equip yourself from a powerful array of weapons, armor, and strategic devices like triggered explosives, deployable turrets, stealth suits, holographic decoys, and remote control robots.
* Experience a dynamic, player-driven world - Agency leaders navigate through a global conflict of other player-run groups, striving to reach their goals first. Territory, resources, technology, and influence are all valuable commodities, with agencies engaging in politics, intrigue, and outright deception to control them.
|Mount & Blade: Warband||Paradox Interactive (TaleWorlds Entertainment)||2010||In a land torn asunder by incessant warfare, it is time to assemble your own band of hardened warriors and enter the fray. Lead your men into battle, expand your realm, and claim the ultimate prize: the throne of Calradia!
Mount & Blade: Warband is the eagerly anticipated stand alone expansion pack for the game that brought medieval battlefields to life with its realistic mounted combat and detailed fighting system.
Graphical overhaul: Support added for HDR, FSAA, depth of field, soft particles, tone mapping, and many other effects
New models with greater detail and high-quality textures
Multiplayer battles with up to 64 players. Multiplayer modes include Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Conquest, Battle, and Siege
A campaign allowing you to become the ruler of a faction and convince lords to become your vassals
The ability to upgrade your companions to vassals by granting them lands
The ability to marry a lady of the realm for romance or cold political gain. Try to win a lady’s heart through poetry or bravery
Improved mechanics for soldier morale: Soldiers will break and run away if their morale gets too low
Pick any projectile off the battlefield for use as additional munitions
New motion-captured combat animations
Numerous improvements to the combat system: Your shield will still stop arrows even if you are not actively defending
The ability to play multiplayer matches on random maps as well as hand-designed ones
Multiplayer equipment system: Earn money by fighting opponents or accomplishing goals
The ability to use most throwing weapons in close combat: Switch to using a javelin as a short spear when the enemy gets close
Spend gold on more powerful equipment, using a carefully balanced system that will make combat more exciting without giving too much of an advantage to the leading team***Comenzando con un personaje y aumentando tus fuerzas con el tiempo, a medio camino entre el RPG en cuanto a misiones, NPCs y equipamiento se refiere, y a la estrategia/acción en el sistema de batalla, tiene una fórmula de juego asequible pero entretenida y adictiva, sobretodo por el progreso constante de tu ejército y protagonista.
8 de 10
Si quieres probar un juego similar, busca "Feudalism 2" en Armor Games, es el mismo estilo de juego pero más simple y directo.
|Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West||Paradox (Fatshark)||2010||labelimageminimize|
|Alpha Protocol||Sega (Obsidian Entertainment)||2010||[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Windows XP or Vista
* 2.4 GHz CPU
* 1 GB RAM
* GeForce 6800GT or Radeon 1300XT GPU
* 12 GB HD space***A MODERN DAY SPY RPG.
The year is 2009. Worldwide political tensions are at a breaking point when a commercial airliner is shot down by a U.S. missile over Eastern Europe, killing all aboard. The U.S. government claims no involvement, and dispatches Agent Michael Thorton to investigate and bring those responsible to justice.
As the first modern day spy role-playing game, Alpha Protocol offers unprecedented control over the development of Thorton's abilities and his interactions with other characters. Upgrade skills such as physical combat, weapons mastery, cutting-edge technology and even seduction as you grow in experience and complete missions.
* [b]Customizable Spy[/b] - Players continually develop their spy with advanced close-combat techniques, lethal marksmanship, the ability to wield ingenious spy gadgets, and much more.
* [b]Multiple Paths to Choose From[/b] - With no right or wrong decisions, players can constantly change the storyline based on the choices they make. Will they let a terrorist escape to follow a lead, or eliminate targets against the mission agenda? Demanding decisions are challenging and many.
* [b]Revolutionary Interaction System[/b] - With the Alpha Protocol 'Ripple Effect' system, players can interact with allies and enemies in a variety of ways. Their choices will dynamically change the storyline and unlock new missions, weapons and alliances.
* [b]Complete Choice of Combat Style[/b] - An arsenal of weapons with a plethora of customizable add-ons allows players to create a personalized weapon load out for every mission. Cutting-edge technology, stealth maneuvers, ballistic explosives and more can be discovered and used!
* [b]No Time to Spare[/b] - Every decision and interaction in Alpha Protocol is made with a time-limit that steadily ebbs away. Players must think fast, act urgently, and then prepare for the consequences!
* [b]Real Modern-Day Setting[/b] - Players can live out real-world espionage within rich international settings such as Rome, Moscow, Taipei, and Saudi Arabia.
* [b]Developed by RPG Masterminds, Obsidian Entertainment[/b] - Founding Obsidian members have worked on RPG blockbusters including KOTOR II, Neverwinter Nights 2, Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment, and Fallout.
|Sniper: Ghost Warrior||City Interactive||2010||[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Windows XP, Vista or 7
* 3.2 GHz Pentium IV, 2.66 GHz Pentium D, or Athlon 64 3500+ CPU
* 1 GB RAM
* 256 MB VRAM
* GeForce 6800 or Radeon X1650 GPU
* 6.5 GB HD space
|Real Warfare 1242||1C Company (Unicorn Games Studio)||2010||[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Windows 2000, XP w/ SP2, or Vista
* 2.4 GHz Pentium IV or Athlon 2000+ CPU
* 1 GB RAM
* 256 MB VRAM
* GeForce 5600 or Radeon 9600 GPU
*3 GB HD space
* 3.2 GHz Pentium IV or Athlon 3000+ CPU
* 2 GB RAM
* GeForce 7900 or Radeon X1900 GPU
|Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes||Meridian4;Headup Games (Silent Dreams)||2010||Un juego de rol por turnos sencillo y entretenido, una parodia viva del género.
Recomendable tanto como un primer acercamiento al combate por turnos como por su múltiples referencias y humor a otros juegos y obras de fantasía en general, además de un interesante toque absurdo/surrealista.
6 de 10***Concepts removed in patches:
* [url=/groups/info/selfluminance]self-luminance[/url] (126.96.36.199)***Latest version: 188.8.131.52 (as of 2011-04-19)***Grotesque Tactics* combines the features and clichés of Western and Asian console RPGs like Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics and provides a highly addicting and entertaining change to the current, more serious role playing games. The game is focused on providing the fascination of the Strategy RPG genre, but also weaves a humorous storyline and plenty of amusing dialogue, poking fun at some of the most successful RPGs, such as Oblivion, Final Fantasy and Lord of the Rings.
To protect the kingdom from the merciless cult "The Dark Church" which has murdered all of the kingdom’s heroes and knights, you will have to hire dubious soldiers and rescue jealous maidens who will follow you into combat as your groupies. Up to 10 heroes are deployed in tactical battles to take on the Dark Church with their mysterious special abilities.
* Turn based tactical battles with humorous animations not seen in any RPG
* Distinctive party members such as the arrogant Holy Avatar, the blood thirsty Vampire Solitaire, the sweet but hot-tempered Angel Angelina and many more
* Gorgeous village landscapes and dark, sinister dungeons
* Scantily dressed maidens to be freed from the grasp of merciless monsters
* Enormous, highly detailed and very angry end bosses
* Classical RPG elements: quests, treasures, trade, leveling up and out¬fitting a party of unique heroes
* Enjoyable multiple choice dialogues and conversation puzzles in the style of classic adventure games, such as Monkey Island or Maniac Mansion
*In chess, a Grotesque is a problem or endgame study which features a particularly unlikely initial position, especially one in which White fights with a very small force against a much larger black army. Grotesques are generally intended to be humorous.
|Fallout: New Vegas||Bethesda Softworks (Obsidian Entertainment)||2010||Has 2 minor content DLC:
-Courier's Pack: Includes all the items from the differente store preorders of FNV.
-Gun Runners Arsenal: Introduces challenges and achievements related to them, and a store with some new weapons and mods.***Nyaeh there's the high roller.
El mejor RPG de exploración de la generación actual, con personajes humanos creíbles (nadie es inmortal) y hasta cierto realismo económico (granjas, lucha por el agua...)
El argumento del Skyrim en comparativa es de segunda.
10 de 10***Welcome to Vegas. New Vegas.
It’s the kind of town where you dig your own grave prior to being shot in the head and left for dead...and that’s before things really get ugly. It’s a town of dreamers and desperados being torn apart by warring factions vying for complete control of this desert oasis. It’s a place where the right kind of person with the right kind of weaponry can really make a name for themselves, and make more than an enemy or two along the way.
As you battle your way across the heat-blasted Mojave Wasteland, the colossal Hoover Dam, and the neon drenched Vegas Strip, you’ll be introduced to a colorful cast of characters, power-hungry factions, special weapons, mutated creatures and much more. Choose sides in the upcoming war or declare "winner takes all" and crown yourself the King of New Vegas in this follow-up to the 2008 videogame of the year, Fallout 3.
Enjoy your stay.
* Feel the Heat in New Vegas! Not even nuclear fallout could slow the hustle of Sin City. Explore the vast expanses of the desert wastelands – from the small towns dotting the Mojave Wasteland to the bright lights of the New Vegas strip. See the Great Southwest as could only be imagined in Fallout.
* Feuding Factions, Colorful Characters and a Host of Hostiles! A war is brewing between rival factions with consequences that will change the lives of all the inhabitants of New Vegas. The choices you make will bring you into contact with countless characters, creatures, allies, and foes, and determine the final explosive outcome of this epic power struggle.
* New Systems! Enjoy new additions to Fallout: New Vegas such as a Companion Wheel that streamlines directing your companions, a Reputation System that tracks the consequences of your actions, and the aptly titled Hardcore Mode to separate the meek from the mighty. Special melee combat moves have been added to bring new meaning to the phrase "up close and personal". Use V.A.T.S. to pause time in combat, target specific enemy body parts and queue up attacks, or get right to the action using the finely-tuned real-time combat mechanics.
* An Arsenal of Shiny New Guns! With double the amount of weapons found in Fallout 3, you’ll have more than enough new and exciting ways to deal with the threats of the wasteland and the locals. In addition, Vault-Tec engineers have devised a new weapons configuration system that lets you tinker with your toys and see the modifications you make in real time.
* Let it Ride! In a huge, open world with unlimited options you can see the sights, choose sides, or go it alone. Peacemaker or Hard Case, House Rules, or the Wild Card - it’s all in how you play the game.***EAN-13: [code]0093155125049[/code]***[b]Welcome to Vegas. New Vegas.[/b]
As you battle your way across the heat-blasted Mojave Wastelands to the neon drenched Vegas Strip, you'll be introduced to a colourful cast of characters, factions, special weapons, mutated creatures and much more. Choose sides in the upcoming war or declare "winner takes all" in this follow-up to the 2008 videogame of the year, Fallout® 3.
[b]Enjoy Your Stay.[/b]
* Feel the Heat in New Vegas! Experience the Great Southwest as could only be imagined in Fallout.
* Up the Ante! New features, weapons, factions and foes await you in Sin City.
* Let it Ride! In a huge, open world you can explore, choose sides, or go it alone. Peacemaker or Hard Case, House Rules, or the Wild Card - it's all how you play the game.
[Box blurb [sic]]
|Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga||Focus Home Interactive (Larian Studios)||2010||Live the entire adventures of the Dragon Knight, in a great RPG that includes the complete and re-mastered adventure Ego Draconis, and the brand new adventure Flames of Vengeance!
Explore Rivellon, a fantasy world ravaged by a secular war. As the last heir of the fearsome Dragon Knights, master your new powers to end the threat that lurks in the shadows above the kingdom!
Follow your path through a huge living world; its inhabitants' destiny depends on each one of your choices. Freely create and develop your character, specialize him and learn many powers of destruction to fulfil your destiny!
* 2 complete adventures for over 100 hours of gameplay.
* Hundreds of equipment pieces including armour, swords, war hammers, bows, etc.
* Fight your enemies on the ground, or crush them from the sky using your Dragon form!***This is a "remastered" and expanded version of [game=#173049]Ego Dragonis[/game]. Essentially an enhanced re-release for Ego Dragonis, but includes Flames of Vengeance storyline too which is not available separately.
The content is NOT available in a free patch to the owners of the original, though some may be able to get a discount on DKS if they own the original (this discount is at least available on Steam, but only if you have the original on Steam too).
|Sanctum||Coffee Stain Studios;Lace Mamba (Coffee Stain Studios)||2011||Especialmente interesante por su mezcla entre acción y tower defense, donde tu personaje es fundamental para evitar que se cuelen de vez en cuando enemigos de cada oleada. Además la variedad de armas y torres es grande sin ser inmanejable, y las posibilidades de crear rutas muy amplias (con el condicionante añadido de que deben ser útiles para tu personaje y no sólo para las torres). Junto a unos enemigos con ciertos puntos débiles que harías bien en explotar, dan un juego terriblemente recomendable.
7 de 10***Sanctum is a first person shooter tower defense where you take the role as Skye, an elite soldier sent out to protect her home town, Elysion One, from hordes of mysterious alien creatures.
To succeed you have to construct and upgrade defensive structures. What makes Sanctum unique from other tower defenses is that when the havoc starts, you jump right into the action with your own weapons and play a key role in the defense. Sanctum has taken the best features from first person shooters and tower defense games to create something totally unique.
* Experience a brand new mix of genres!
* Play through beautiful environments with unique strategic possibilities
* Develop your own strategy and build your custom mazes
* Team up with a friend in co-op mode!
* Powered by Unreal Technology, Sanctum is one of the world's best looking independent developed games!
|Hydrophobia: Prophecy||Dark Energy Digital||2011||[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Windows XP, Vista, or 7
* Core 2 Duo or Athlon X2 CPU
* 2 GB RAM
* 512 MB VRAM
* GeForce 8600 GT or Radeon HD 3650 GPU
* 8 GB HD space***Hydrophobia: Prophecy is the ultimate version of this jaw-dropping action-adventure set onboard a floating city, where terrorists take control and heroine Kate has to overcome her haunting childhood memories to fight back using all her skills and expertise as a systems engineer.
* Fast-paced action and breathtaking visuals; engage mind blowing "flow combat" unique floating cover where emergent gameplay results in a never-the-same-experience.
* Unleash floating oil fires, electricity and the power of the water to wipe out your enemy as you discover the terrifying truth of the Malthusian prophecy.
* Campaign includes puzzles, platforming and combat with Hydro-kinetic powers to ultimately control the water and culminates in a unique stand off battle where the player has to unleash the awesome power of tempest against her Malthusian nemesis.
* Over 200 collectables, 12 achievements and as an added bonus, players can unlock an epic Challenge Room.
2051. The world has become consumed by the ever rising tide of the global population flood. Fertile land has been reclaimed by rising oceans and expanding deserts, resulting in famine and poverty on an unprecedented scale. Water is now mankind's most precious resource, and conflict erupts wherever it flows.
Only one bubble of the old capitalist world survives. The Queen of the World is the largest ship ever to grace the oceans, a colossal city at sea where the wealthy elite live in exile from the chaos which surrounds them. Onboard this stateless paradise the Five Founding Fathers set about pursuing their Cornucopian research unimpeded.
The contempt of the outside world is offset by NanoCell Corporation, one of the five, who promise to develop nano-technology to purify sea water at the molecular level and make the deserts bloom with the food of the world. But as they move closer to their goal, the bitterness of fanatical Malthusians grows.
The so called 'Neo Malthusians' timed their attack perfectly. 9.8 billion watched as they recast hope as hatred, following a prophecy to commit global genocide; drowning the planet with blood as they slash the worlds population to a mere half billion 'righteous souls'. A prophecy they will soon find themselves in a position to fulfill.
|The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings||CD Projekt;Atari;Namco Bandai Games (CD Projekt RED)||2011||Mejora lo visto en el anterior juego, especialmente con un combate muchísimo más fluido pero manteniendo su base rolera, y ciertos elementos de acción muy acertados.
9 de 10***[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Windows XP, Vista, or 7
* 2.2 GHz Core 2 Duo CPU
* 1 GB RAM (2 GB for Vista/7)
* 512 MB VRAM
* GeForce 8800 GPU
* 16 GB HD space
* Quad-core CPU
* 3 GB RAM (4 GB for Vista/7)
* 1 GB VRAM
* GeForce 260 or Radeon HD 4850 GPU***The second instalment in the RPG saga about the Witcher, Geralt of Rivia, features a thoroughly engrossing, mature storyline defining new standards for thought-provoking, non-linear game narration. In addition to an epic story, the game features an original, brutal combat system that uniquely combines tactical elements with dynamic action. A new, modern game engine, responsible both for beautiful visuals and sophisticated game mechanics puts players in the most lively and believable world ever created in an RPG game. A captivating story, dynamic combat system, beautiful graphics, and everything else that made the original Witcher such a great game are now executed in a much more advanced and sophisticated way.
* A truly epic, intense, emotionally charged adventure with non-linear game narration. Three independent plot lines with several alternative events are dependent on the player’s choices and lead to multiple different game endings and several additional plot forks. This time gameplay time will be shorter than The Witcher 1, but more intense and packed with events.
* A complex, realistic and mature story touching upon subject matter seldom seen in other RPGs, told in a manner that is understandable and attractive to contemporary gamers. We investigate the assassinations of the rulers of the Northern Kingdoms and follow Geralt’s personal theme, in which he’s looking for his own identity. Gradually we learn how powerful forces influence our situation and what role they order us to play.
* Rich, mature dialogue as found in Andrzej Sapkowski’s book series and The Witcher 1, presented in highly filmic cutscenes and dialogues sequences, thanks to a new game engine.
* New, improved system of flashbacks. Now the reminiscences of Geralt, in which we observe the link between our past choices with current actions, are realistically and smoothly woven into the gameplay.
* Unique, deep, consistent and rich game world established in a series of best-selling books by A. Sapkowski and recreated in the game to provide an incredible, believable story-driven experience.
* Believable, true-to-life characters with their own motivations and goals. During our journey we meet ordinary men, soldiers, rebels, powerful mages, rulers and their assassins. Depending on our decisions we meet different game characters, and our relationships shape further actions in the game.
* Highly varied, breathtaking locations, which thanks to the new engine create a cohesive, fully accessible world!
* Rich, living world in which every character has their own way of life and unique occupations. Our actions modify the relationship with the game-world population and, in the case of the main plot line, open or close the possibilities of interaction with the game world.
* Greater freedom of exploration to provide increased game realism and a wider range of new tactical options. Geralt will surmount barriers, jump over fences, scale walls and ascend rock formations.
|Hunted: The Demon's Forge||Bethesda Softworks (inXile Entertainment)||2011||Powered by the Unreal 3 engine, Hunted: The Demon’s Forge™ is a fresh take on the classic fantasy game that delivers the intensity and action of a modern-day shooter. Taking control of either E’lara, a ranged weapon expert, or Caddoc, a master swordsman, you and your partner will descend into a dark and foreboding world for an unforgettable cooperative experience. As you travel deep within the world of Kala Moor, you will use a variety of deadly weapons, powerful spells, and cover tactics to face down wave after wave of vicious enemies. It will take the combined efforts of two great warriors to explore menacing dungeons, overgrown ruins, and downtrodden towns ... and discover the secrets of the Demon’s Forge.
* An Unreal Dark Fantasy: Powered by the Unreal 3 engine, the dark world of Hunted comes to life as a third-person fantasy game with the intensity and action of a modern-day shooter. Hunted boasts stunning visuals with breath-taking vistas and foreboding underground worlds.
* Co-op at a Distance: Combine E’lara’s ranged attacks with Caddoc’s melee expertise to pull off gruesome co-op kill moves, perform special attacks, and heal one another from anywhere on the battlefield. The characters’ differing combat expertise allows a player’s strategy to vary from one play through to the next.
* Descend into Dungeon Depths: Work with your co-op partner to discover hidden paths and solve the devious puzzles that block your way. Explore menacing dungeons, overgrown ruins, and terrorized towns to discover treasure and powerful upgrades.
* Two Ways to Fight: Wade into the thick of the fight using deadly melee skills, or tactically use cover to dispatch hordes of creatures with bows and spells. Use powerful magic to boost your partner’s combat effectiveness and even the odds against increasingly formidable enemies.
* Forge Your Own Levels: Create and share your own challenging dungeon designs with The Crucible, a powerful in-game editor that provides endless opportunities for exploration and battles for you and your friends.
|Duke Nukem Forever||Take-Two Interactive (Gearbox Software;Piranha Games;Triptych Games)||2011||Surfaced now and then between 1997-2010 or so, earning itself the status as the best known vaporware.***Un juego gamberro, soez y de acción y destrucción absurdas. Aunque arrastra algunos elementos metidos a calzador y tiene el grave error de incluir un sistema de escudo nada clásico, simpre es satisfactorio jugar a un juego de acción donde puedes esquivar las balas sin ser El Elegido.
Lo mejor las fases de canijo y el multijugador.
Aunque no es un mal juego, no está a la altura de su antecesor o del reciente juego 2D protagonizado por el Duke. Eso sí, da para muchas risas.
De todas formas: Hail to the king.
6 de 10***Contains references to at least the following games:
* Doom 3 (teleporting to hell remarks, and possibly the dead [doomed] space marine remark when you find Isaac's helmet)
* Dead Space (Isaac's helmet)
* Halo (Spartan power armor)
* Fallout New Vegas (defense of Hoover Dam and how the aliens can tap into it for limitless power or something)***[i]The King is Back![/i]
Cocked, loaded and ready for action, Duke delivers epic ass-kicking, massive weapons, giant explosions and pure unadulterated fun!
Put on your shades and step into the boots of Duke Nukem. The alien hordes are invading and only Duke can save the world. Pig cops, alien shrink rays and enormous alien bosses can’t stop this epic hero from accomplishing his goal: to save the world, save the babes and to be a bad-ass while doing it.
The King arrives with an arsenal of over-the-top weapons, non-stop action, and unprecedented levels of interactivity. With hours and hours of action, and a range of bodacious multiplayer modes, rest assured knowing the fun goes on and on.
Did the Alien bastards not learn their lesson the first time? Duke has been on hiatus for some time now, kicking back and franchising himself on the fame he gained from saving Earth from the first invasion. The Aliens have returned to Earth yet again, messing up Duke’s sweet routine of dirty leisure habits.
The Alien invaders are stealing Earth’s women, especially the hot ones! And they drank Duke’s beer. This. Won’t. Stand. As Duke battles his way through waves of aliens, the once beautiful gambling haven and Duke Nukem franchise chains are crumbling before his eyes. Time to bring the pain!
* Bust a Gut: Duke pulls no punches. Duke’s constant stream of hilarious one-liners throughout the game make this an out loud good time.
* World Interactivity: Spend as much time as you want shooting hoops, lifting weights, playing pinball, pool, air hockey, and slots.
* Scale & Variety: Packed with explosive FPS action, outlandish settings, driving, and puzzle solving — gamers will never tire of the endless FUN.
* Multiplayer Like No Other: Classic modes are re-made with a Duke twist. Shrink, squash, freeze and shatter your opponents, or just frag them with a rocket.***[b]2010-09-03[/b] — Take-Two has officially announced DNF to be in development by Gearbox.***[spoiler=Show 2010 gameplay;Hide][media=youtube]5pr3mT2TOo4[/media][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Show 2007-12-19 teaser trailer;Hide][media=youtube]cWuteFLUPSY[/media][/spoiler]
3D Realms was closed down in 2009-05 which made future of DNF unclear, but later Take-Two (who held the publishing rights and apparently the IP) announced they're going forward with the project under another developer.
In development since April 1997, its earned the nick name [i]Duke Nukem Taking Forever[/i]
|From Dust||Ubisoft (Ubisoft Montpellier)||2011||Un godgame de manejo del entorno donde el cambio del relieve es impresionante y donde te deseperarás cuando lleguen los desastres naturales antes de lo que esperabas.
Muy original, tan desesperante y frustrante como divertido.
7 de 10***[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Windows XP /w SP3, Vista w/ SP2, or 7 w/ SP1
* 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo or Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (2.3 GHz) CPU
* 1 GB RAM (2 GB for Vista/7)
* 256 MB VRAM
* GeForce 8800 GT or Radeon HD 3000+ GPU
* 4 GB HD space
* 2.66 GHz i7 920 or 3 GHz Phenom II X4 CPU
* 3 GB RAM
* 512 MB VRAM
* Geforce 9 series or Radeon HD 4000 series GPU***From Dust is the latest original game concept by Eric Chahi, creator of the cult classic, "Another World / Out of this World". Immerse yourself in a world as exotically beautiful as it is dangerous! You control the destiny of a primitive tribe against the backdrop of a world in constant evolution—a universe where mighty Nature reclaims what is hers; and your mastery of the elements is your people’s only chance of survival...
* Ground-Breaking Technology
Play in the sandbox of one of the most advanced real-time nature simulations, where everything you see and interact with evolves dynamically, offering a constantly renewed experience.
* Unique Art Direction
Discover a large variety of environments: Tropical islands, volcanic landscapes, deserts and so much more...
* Rich Story Mode
Explore 13 breathtaking territories of emergent gameplay. Master the natural forces at play on a mysterious archipelago and help a primitive tribe to recover the lost powers of their ancestors.
* Confront Mighty Nature
Protect your tribe against Nature’s most devastating attacks. Face down tsunamis, wildfires, earthquakes, volcanoes, torrential rains...
* Master Godlike Powers
Control the forces of nature to sculpt the world in your image. Hold back lava, stop raging waters, empty lakes, grow forests and raise mountains!
* Live Up to the Challenge
Race against the clock on 30 additional maps in Challenge Mode. Each scenario is a puzzle-like challenge where time is of the essence...
* Online leaderboards
Compare your Challenge Mode scores with the community on worldwide leaderboards.
|Deus Ex: Human Revolution||Square Enix (Eidos Montreal;GRIP Entertainment)||2011||GRIP Entertainment handled development of the boss battles which explains how they are so distinctively dissimilar with the rest of the game.
Director's Cut primarily brings in New Game+, some gameplay reworks (bosses primarily), developer commentary, and integrates the Missing Link DLC into the main game.***[b]Juego base[/b]
Una muy digna precuela del primer Deus Ex, con una fuerte carga moral en las elecciones que hacen que la palabra ROL signifique algo más que subir de nivel.
10 de 10
[b]Missing Link DLC[/b]
Aunque la mision per se esta bastante lograda, no aporta gran cosa al juego mas alla del reto de usar pocos aumentos.
7 de 10***You play Adam Jensen, a security specialist, handpicked to oversee the defense of one of America’s most experimental biotechnology firms. But when a black ops team uses a plan you designed to break in and kill the scientists you were hired to protect, everything you thought you knew about your job changes.
* The long-awaited return of the award winning franchise that blends the best of Action and RPG: the perfect mix of combat, stealth, hacking, and social gameplay.
* Play as Adam Jensen, a mechanically augmented agent: customize and upgrade your character with more than 50 unique augmentations that support your style of play.
* Deadly weapons: Over 20 available weapons, each with their own customizable elements.
* Fight enemies including dangerous thugs, augmented special operations soldiers, advanced robots; and engage in epic boss battles.
* Live the reactive and dangerous world: your choices will have consequences in the game’s world.
* Play in an open-ended world: there are always multiple solutions to every challenge.
* Engage the unique Cyber Renaissance setting: discover a unique world that blends near future and Renaissance elements.
* Travel the world: visit multiple unique locations across the globe each with their own design, story and gameplay elements.
* Become involved in vast global conspiracy: unravel the story — discover who you can really trust.
* Decide humanity’s future: the decision you make and the actions you take will lead to an ultimate decision on mankind’s future.
|Red Orchestra 2: Heroes Of Stalingrad||Tripwire Interactive;1C Company (Tripwire Interactive)||2011||[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Windows XP, Vista, 7
* 2.3 GHz dual-core CPU
* 2 GB RAM
* 256 MB VRAM
* GeForce 7800 GTX or Radeon HD 2900 GT GPU
* 8 GB HD space
* 2.6 GHz quad-core CPU
* 3 GB RAM
* 512 MB VRAM
* GeForce GTX 260 or Radeon HD 5750 GPU***Heroes of Stalingrad will take the award winning Red Orchestra franchise into the next generation of gaming. Cutting edge graphics and audio built on Unreal Engine 3, inventive features and streamlined realism will deliver an unrivaled WWII experience. Focusing on the Battle of Stalingrad and the surrounding operations, both German and Russian, from July 1942 to February 1943 the game allows the player to experience one of the most brutal battles in all of human history. For the first time ever in a first person shooter gamers will be able to experience WWII from the Axis side in a German single player campaign. As always with the Red Orchestra franchise, Tripwire will aim to deliver unrivaled accuracy and attention to detail, along with gritty, vicious combat in multi-player, co-op and solo modes. Again, Tripwire have listened to the fans and have designed a whole set of new features to make the game more accessible and easy to get into – all while delivering the tactical shooter realism fans of the original game loved.
[b]RO multiplayer taken to new heights[/b]: Tripwire’s renowned MP already exceeds that of much of the competition – the new game will stretch that lead even further. With highly addictive and fun varieties of game-play online, the game will feature everything from quick, brutal firefights, through to more intricate and challenging simulation modes.
[b]Persistent Stats Tracking and Player Progression[/b]: Persistence constantly gives the gamer something to strive for and keeps them playing. Grow in rank, earn medals, improve your abilities, and become a Hero – all visible to the complete online gaming community and embedded within the game.
[b]Heroes[/b]: Obtain the ultimate goal and become a Hero online. Players with hero status inspire troops around them and cause fear in their enemies. Heroes have access to the best and rarest weapons and equipment, and will stand out visually from the rest of the soldiers.
[b]Stalingrad Campaign[/b]: The Stalingrad campaign will feature the multiplayer maps used in a campaign layout recreating the battle for Stalingrad from both the German and Russian sides. This will be enhanced with story elements through the form of mission introductions and in-game cinematic sequences that begin and end the campaign.
[b]Unique Focus – the Battle of Stalingrad in depth[/b]: takes the familiar WWII genre into a unique direction. Far removed from the well-trodden Normandy setting, gameplay is based on fresh scenarios and actions the player has never experienced before. Follow the German army as they assault the city of Stalingrad, to the banks of the Volga. Follow the Soviet army as it holds the city against all the odds then destroys the Axis forces.
[b]First person cover system[/b]: Experience the ultimate firefights that a cover system allows, from the immersion of a first person view. Peek or blind fire over and around cover and more.
[b]Squad Command[/b]: Command fire teams on the battlefield using an easy to use first person interface. Suppress the enemy, send a fire team to flank them and hit them where it hurts!
WWII weaponry redefined: true to life ballistics, bullet penetration, breathing, adjustable sights, free aim, weapon bracing, photo-real graphics and more, create WWII weaponry that has no equal.
[b]Co-op[/b]: Players can connect with their friends and battle AI in multiple game types including the Stalingrad Campaign, Skirmish Mode, and more.
[b]Offline Challenges – Online Achievements[/b]: Offline challenges such as the shooting range and assault courses let the player learn and hone their skills to perfection with all of the weapons and features in the game. Training with different challenges to achieve awards, win competitions and improve their skills the player can pit their best times/scores against the rest of the online gaming community.
[b]Morale[/b]: Experience what it is like to be a soldier in one of the bloodiest conflicts in history and the importance of a soldier’s state of mind and how it can turn the tide of battle.
[b]Exciting Offline Play[/b]: Offline play against AI featuring the Stalingrad Campaign, Skirmish mode, and more give the player an exciting and fun environment to learn the game before hopping online. Play any level or Campaign offline against AI to gain achievements and train for the online arena.
[b]Competitions & Leader-boards[/b]: Compete to obtain unique awards and achievements with players all over the world. The competitions range from shooting range challenges to unique and fun assault courses.
[b]Enhanced Unreal® Engine™ 3[/b]: Built on an enhanced version of Unreal Engine 3 the game features cutting edge visuals and features.
|Renegade Ops||Sega (Avalanche Studios)||2011||Destruction just got awesome.
In Renegade Ops you must defeat Inferno, a madman intent on global domination. Destroy enemies across a range of stunning environments using a wide variety of vehicles. Players have the choice to fight alone in single player mode, team up offline with two-player split screen or join the dynamic 4-player online co-op experience. Blast your way through enemy lines by working together, or compete for achievements as you and your friends aim to top the online leader boards.
* Single player campaign across varied, luscious levels
* Four playable vehicles each with unique special weapons
* Two player split-screen co-operative play
* Up to four player online competitive co-op
* Level up your character to increase your weaponry
* Fight to top online leaderboards
|Q.U.B.E.||Toxic Games||2011||Set in a mysterious and abstract sterile environment, Q.U.B.E. (Quick Understanding of Block Extrusion) is a first-person puzzle game that challenges players to navigate each level by manipulating coloured cubes that surround them. There's little to go on as the game begins - the player is dropped into an all-white room with few instructions, and simply has to figure their way out. The tone of game changes as the player finds small and big alterations to their environment, supported by an original score, inviting each player to let their imagination take over as to where they might be. Through experimentation and discovery, players will progress through an ever-evolving series of cube puzzles that will challenge them with logic, physics, platforming.||labelimagesubject|
|Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet||Microsoft Studios (Shadow Planet Productions;Fuelcell Games;Gagne International)||2012||In this Insanely Twisted, 2-D action-adventure game, explore unique environments and battle bizarre creatures as you make your way toward the center of the mysterious Shadow Planet! Solve complex puzzles and upgrade your ship with alien technology as you fight to save your home world. Featuring both local and Games for Windows - LIVE multiplayer game modes.
* Striking and appealing visual style by renowned artist Michel Gagné.
* Innovative and intuitive puzzle design mixed with intense action sequences.
* Unique and visually stunning creatures and environments.
* Rich worlds and captivating back stories.
* Explore the worlds of Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet with friends with multiplayer.
|Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars||Paradox Interactive (TaleWorlds Entertainment)||2012||Napoleonic Wars is a multiplayer DLC expansion pack for Mount & Blade: Warband featuring the final years of the French Empire’s struggle to remain the dominant power of Western Europe in the early 19th century.
Experience the thrill of Napoleonic warfare first hand - Take part in the invasion of Russia or fight the French at Waterloo from the front line! Side with one of the five supreme European powers from the era and choose from more than 220 unique units to play. Fight on battlefields across Europe in of one of the most accurate and detailed Napoleonic war games ever!
* Accurate early 19th century weapons, uniforms and environments
* Massive multiplayer battles with up to 200 players
* Five nations with more than 220 unique units to choose from
* A wide range of artillery pieces ranging from field cannons to mortars, capable of firing a variety of missiles such as canister, explosive shells and even rockets - all fully controllable by players
* Finely crafted game balance ensuring player skill is the hero of the battlefield, not the gun or the sword
* Construct barricades, dig trenches, and rig explosives with the multi-purpose Engineer class
* Special musician units with drums, fifes, bagpipes or trumpets, able to play historically accurate tunes; all recorded and played by award winning musicians
* Lead squads of soldiers against each other in the new commander battle mode
* More than 40 classical background music tracks
|Risen 2: Dark Waters||Deep Silver (Piranha Bytes)||2012||Más enfocado en el combate que la primera entrega, pierde las virtudes de RPG que hacían lucir al primer juego y se vuelve mucho más lineal.
6 de 10***Set in Age of Sail style period with slavery of black tribals, pirates, muskets, voodoo magic, and so forth.***Set several years after the end of Risen, raging titans have devastated the world and pushed humanity to the brink of existence. Subsequently, monstrous creatures have risen from the watery depths of the sea and their attacks have brought all seafaring to a grinding halt. The hero, now a member of the Inquisition, is sent out to find out how to stop the chaos caused by these creatures from the deep. His quest begins with rumors that the pirates who frequent the southern islands are the only ones who know a way to get rid of the creatures once and for all and end their reign of terror.
With an all-new pirate-based theme, Risen 2: Dark Waters aims to combine the most loved classic RPG gameplay mechanics of the original Risen with a fresh theme and setting on a huge variety of themed island locales. A third-person role-playing game set in a dark and gritty universe, Risen 2: Dark Waters maintains the most immersive features of the original Risen, with multiple approaches to every challenge allowing players to shape the game world based on their own decisions. These choices will serve to unlock new paths, features and additional skills for the character. Together with a highly interactive environment and a full day/night-cycle affecting countless aspects of the game world, Risen 2 will be set in the most immersive RPG game world so far.
|Tower Wars||SuperVillain Studios||2012||Un juego de tower defense enfocado exclusivamente en la competición multijugador, donde tu rival y tú os tenéis que defender de las oleadas del otro mientras intentáis sobrepasar las suyas.
Aunque es un juego Tower Defense bastante arquetípico, si me parece reseñable que todo su contenido está desbloqueado desde el primer minuto.
Si quieres competir en un TD es tu juego, sino... ni siquiera tiene singleplayer más allá de jugar partidas contra la IA.
6 de 10***[media=youtube]f5zhkkx7Dxw[/media]***"Hello there, good sir! Or is it madam, perhaps? Well, that’s neither here, nor there! Matters of far greater importance are at hand! It would appear that, through the peculiar optical contraption that you’re staring into, you have managed to find yourself here! Where is here, you ask? Why, in the midst of Tower Wars, of course! I must say, it’s jolly good to have you on board! We need all of the fodder.... ERRR... HELP... yes, yes... all of the help we can get."
Tower Wars is a new and unique spin on the competitive multi-player tower defense genre! The game combines elements of tower defense, real-time strategy, and all-out multi-player mayhem to bring you a completely unique experience, delivered with a fun and funny not-so-old world style!
* Play Tower Wars online in 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 ranked or unranked matches!
* Build and upgrade unique towers, creating lengthy mazes to punish incoming enemy units!
* Upgrade, assemble, and unleash multitudes of specialized units in massive attack waves!
* Unlock and upgrade technologies to bolster the stats and functions of your units and towers!
* Compete in the online leaderboards!
* Steam! Features include achievements, leaderboards, matchmaking, and stat tracking!
* Need a break? Play one of our offline classic tower defense maps for a quick Time Trial diversion!
* Get on board! Help us bring you MUCH MORE! The future looks bright for Tower Wars!
|Dark Souls||Namco Bandai (From Software)||2012||Drift bags and vagrants are one of the most obscure mechanics of the game. Drift bags are dropped items that are randomly transported to another player's world where they can be picked up, if they aren't picked up they get transported again. Once the drift bag has been transported enough many times, it turns into a vagrant, a rare enemy that spawns in no other way. Vagrants if undefeated will be transported to other players' worlds much like the drift bags.***The game's story is about the waning Age of Fire which the player can help continue or end, the waning of the age also is the cause of the undead curse when Gwyn kindled the First Flame with his essence. Letting the Age of Fire end would bring about Age of Dark (a.k.a. Age of Humanity), but considering how Dark Souls (a.k.a. human souls) are prone to bad things and generally the world's bleak presentation of humans, this would probably be about as bad thing as the previous age or worse.
How bad humans and Dark Souls are or can be is especially shown in Artorias of the Abyss expansion (which is included in the Windows port of the game), though the information gained there can be somewhat misleading. The Abyss appeared because the pygmy went insane, not because it was natural thing to happen with Dark Souls, and the Abyss corrupted Artorias and the Oolacile. Many players seem to assume this is the natural progression for what happens with Dark Souls unfortunately.***With a moody and almost grimterror atmosphere and lore that would make even H.P.Lovecraft shiver a little, a simple but very customizable character development and a gameplay that is hard and "unfair", bringing back the "trial and error" progress system of classical arcade games, this game is simply a jewel of RPG-action goodness.
Sadly, this version is a poorly done port from the console version, almost forcing to be played by handheld control (keyboard + mouse is horribly designed and also missing keybinding for some actions), and the camera feels clunky, slow and very dependant of player panning/autolock.
8 of 10***Dark Souls is an upcoming action role-playing game from the developers who brought you Demon’s Souls, FromSoftware. Dark Souls will have many familiar features: A dark fantasy universe, tense dungeon crawling, fearsome enemy encounters and unique online interactions. Dark Souls is a spiritual successor to Demon’s, not a sequel. Prepare for a new, despair-inducing world, with a vast, fully-explorable horizon and vertically-oriented landforms. Prepare for a new, mysterious story, centered around the King’s Crowns and the original, now dying flame at the center of the world. But most of all, prepare to die. You will face countless murderous traps, countless darkly grotesque monsters and several gargantuan, supremely powerful demons and dragons. You must learn from death to persist through this unforgiving world. And you aren’t alone. Dark Souls allows the spirits of other players to show up in your world, so you can learn from their deaths and they can learn from yours. New to Dark Souls is Beacon Fire, where you can share the experiences of your adventure with the spirits of other players. Around the Beacon Fire, you may find the only warmth and calm that exists in this dark world. Beware: There is no place in Dark Souls that is truly safe. With days of game play and an even more punishing difficulty level, Dark Souls will be the most deeply challenging game you play this year. Can you live through a million deaths and earn your legacy?
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition will include an untold chapter in the world of Lordran where the player must stop the spread of darkness at all costs by facing and defeating the Dark Knight Artorias.
* New Bosses – Including Artorias of Abyss, Chimera of Tomb, and more
* PVP Online Matchmaking System – Quick matching for co-op or PVP
* New Areas – Including Oolacile Tomb, Old Ruins and more
* New Enemies – Including Abyss Guard, Chained Prisoner and more
* New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough and more
* New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs
* Extremely Deep, Dark & Difficult – Unforgiving in its punishment, yet rewarding for the determined – learn to strategize freely and conquer seemingly impossible challenges.
* Fully Seamless World – Explore a completely integrated world of dark fantasy where dungeons are seamlessly intertwined, with great height.
* Mastery Earns Progression – Contains 60 hours of gameplay, with nearly 100 uniquely despair‐inducing monsters & an incredibly nuanced weaponry & magic spells system. Player success depends on their eventual mastery of how and when to use the magic spells, choice of armor, the number of weapons, the types of weapons, and the moves attached to the weapons.
* Network Play – Players may cross paths with one another, interacting with each other throughout the game even as each player plays their own game.
* Flexible Character Development & Role Play – As the player progresses, they must carefully choose which of their character’s abilities to enhance as this will determine their progression style.
* Community – See other real players and empathize with their journey, learn from seeing how others died, find and leave messages for your fellow players; helping them or leading them into death.
* Symbolic of Life & Hope – The Beacon Fire is an important feature of Dark Souls for many reasons. Though in gameplay it serves as a recovery and re‐spawn point for players whose health gets low and is the one place in the dark world where players can find a fleeting moment of warmth and calm.***[media=youtube]WlVBVKAFFg4[/media]
|Borderlands 2||2K Games (Gearbox Software)||2012||Un auténtico juegazo de acción, aún mejor que el genial Borderlands original, con una curva de dificultad con menos saltos bruscos y mucha más variedad.
Y se agradece que, a diferencia del primer juego, las clases estén igualadas (aunque Zero es excesivamente poderoso con el tiempo) y una plétora de referencias a cada cual más absurda y magistral.
Uno de los mejores juegos de acción sandbox.
9 de 10***Concerning the talked about Linux port:
"I wouldn't get your hopes up too much..." -Randy Pitchford***DLC expansion pack:
Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty