showing 9 games
|Alpha Prime||IDEA Games;Meridian4 (Black Element Software)||2006||[b]unusual protagonist[/b] — the protagonist is the only person (in game, though in background story he is only one of few) resistant to the mind altering effects of "hubbardium", using it to induce a "reflex boost" state at which time seems to slow down, instead of causing delirium and addiction.***Strong story, fast paced shooting action. However, if you cannot shoot, then there is your RECON, hacking device enabling you to remotely control various devices you meet on your way through the dark halls and corridors of Alpha Prime. If that's not enough, you can drug your mind and sharpen your senses by injecting a small dose of hubbardium. And all the time you will be surrounded by physical world in a very literal sense, because almost everything that moves, moves thanks to advanced real-time physics algorithms.
* Hacking – need to know who or what is hiding around the corner or behind the door? Use the camera and everything will be revealed at once!
* Remote control – make use of the environment and clear your way without having to actually fight!
* Machines – have you something heavy to move somewhere else, remove an obstacle from your path? Do you want to get to some otherwise unreachable location? No problem. Just use this Loader.
* Bullet time – time seems to fly too quickly to your liking? A small dose of hubbardium will fix it. For a time...
* Car – nothing like a little ride under the starlit sky! Jump in and enjoy the otherworldly vistas of Alpha Prime!
* Compatible with Matrox TripleHead2Go , enabling gamers to connect 3 screens with a maximum resolution of up to 3840x1024*.
[Black Element Software]
* Windows 2000, XP or Vista
* 1.8 GHz Pentium IV or Athlon XP CPU
* 256 MB RAM
* 64 MB VRAM
* GeForce FX or Radeon 8500 GPU
* 2.6 GB HD space
* 2.6 GHz Pentium IV CPU
* 512 MB RAM
* GeForce 6600 or Radeon 9500 GPU
|Dungeon Defense||Epic Games (Trendy Entertainment)||2010||The game's source is available, though I don't know under what license (the source download is twice the size of the game itself).||labelimageminimize|
|Ion Assault||bitComposer Games (Coreplay)||2010||No te fíes por las primeras pantallas, es un juego mareante y caótico en el cual los asteroides no serán tu mayor problema.
Frenético, no apto para epilépticos y con enemigos que hacen parecer al boss sencillo.
Lo mejor, los power-ups.
Buen juego de naves.
7 de 10***In ION ASSAULT players wield thousands of Ion Particles to blast, fry and disrupt anything on screen as you see fit!
GAMEPLAY WITH A TWIST: By centering its gameplay around its unique fluid and particle physics system, ION ASSAULT adds a twist to arcade style space shooters!
ANYONE CAN PLAY: Utilizing its dynamic level intensity, ION ASSAULT is both accessible for the beginner as well as challenging for the skilled gamer. The faster you destroy obstacles, the more enemies the game will throw at you, so play it safe and clear one obstacle at a time or go crazy and see how many enemies the game can throw at you for a maximum score!
* Classical Shoot’em up with tactical depth: Ion Particles are limited for each level
* Wield thousands of Ion Particles.
* Use your space ship to fight against enemies and to destroy asteroids by absorbing and blasting Ion Particles.
* Collect valuable power ups to improve your ship, your defense or your fire power.
* Blast 30 different enemies using a variety of patterns to attack.
* Fight through 4 large sectors, each guarded by a huge boss!
* Over 20 levels, 5 levels in each sector
* Conquer the leaderboard by mastering the innovative multiplier-based scoring mechanic.
|Terraria||Re-Logic;Headup Games (Re-Logic)||2011||An open sandbox metroidvania with some crafting and base building, calling it "a 2D Minecraft" is an oversimplification of its formula, way more focused in rapid action and platforming.
-Great atmosphere and music.
-Amazing sense of wonder.
-Challenging events and biomes.
-Variety of NPCs and enemies.
-Subtle cross-referenced easter eggs that actually improve the game and don't seem forced.
-Big depths with many cave systems.
-2D side scroll eases exploration, making it less confusing.
-Incredibly well done crafting tree and progress system.
-Player and map are interdependent (you can play as much worlds as you wish with the same character)
-Addictive as hello without o.
10 of 10, would kill again a fusion of Bowser's lieutenant and someone who can summon fire without flint or tinder to earn a hat.***1.3.0 (2015-06-30)
1.2.0 (2013-10-01) – announced again as last patch
... numerous changes, mainly massive content expansion
1.1.2 (2012-01-17) - announced as last update/patch for the game
1.1 tag changes:
+eyeglow +dragons-eastern +drills +interactivetriggers +unicorns +flamethrowers +customtriggers +genderchoice +pressureplates +variablegravity
+animateweapons : hammers
+itemgenerator : not as random as in other games, but still there
1.0.6 tag changes:
+exceptionalsuccess +sellundo +statuseffects +healthregen +keys +juggernauts
+undefinedelements : potion sickness
1.0.5 tag changes:
1.0.4 tag changes:
~animals (+lagomorphs +piranhas +chiroptera)
+undefinedelements : temporary respawn invulnerability
1.0.3 tag changes:
1.0.2 tag changes:
+stickyexplosives***Described as a 2D [game=#180176]Minecraft[/game] by some.***[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Windows XP, Vista, or 7
* 1.6 GHz CPU
* 512 MB RAM
* 128 MB VRAM
* 200 MB HD space***[media=youtube]UGo7iMUcxLc[/media]***Dig, fight, explore, build! Nothing is impossible in this action-packed adventure game. The world is your canvas and the ground itself is your paint.
Grab your tools and go! Make weapons to fight off a variety of enemies in numerous biomes. Dig deep underground to find accessories, money, and other useful things. Gather resources to create everything you need to make the world your own. Build a house, a fort, or even a castle. People will move in to live there and perhaps even sell you different wares to assist you on your journey.
But beware, there are even more challenges awaiting you... Are you up to the task?
* Sandbox Play
* Randomly generated worlds
* Free Content Updates
|Dungeon Defenders||Trendy Entertainment||2011||Dungeon Defenders is a Tower Defense Action-RPG where you must save the land of Etheria from an Ancient Evil! Create a hero from one of four distinct classes to fight back wave after wave of enemies by summoning defenses and directly participating in the action-packed combat!
Customize and level your character, forge equipment, gather loot, collect pets and more! Take your hero through multiple difficulty modes and challenge/survival missions to earn more experience & even better treasure. Join your friends with 4-player online and local (splitscreen) co-op to plan your strategies together or compete in PvP Deathmatch.
* 4-player Online and Local Co-Op - Team-up with up to 3 friends to defend cooperatively, with character classes that support each other’s strengths and weaknesses. Dynamically combine local (splitscreen) and online players and leave/join any time, so that the game’s always full.
* Tower-Defense Meets Action-RPG - Choose your class, customize your character & equipment, strategically assemble your defenses, and participate directly in action-packed battle to preserve your castle against the invading horde!
* 4 Distinct Character Classes - Each character class has a different skill tree, set of towers, and even basic attacks! You can choose if you want to play stealthy, turn invisible, and plant traps behind enemy lines with the Huntress or go all out, block off choke points, and brutally beat your foes into submission with the Squire!
* Loot and Level-Up - Grab the mounds of money and items that your defeated foes drop and trade them or store them for later use in your Item Box! Getting kills and completing waves earns you experience points, which can be used to upgrade your characters, skills, equipment, and towers on a per-statistic basis. Do you want to enhance Hit Points, Attack Rate, Damage, etc? The choice is yours... Store your massive overflow of money in the 'Mana Bank' and then spend it to improve your equipment or trade with other players. Proudly show off your best equipment in your own 'Adventurer’s Tavern', without fear of item theft!
* Tons of Enemies and Huge Boss Fights - Over 100 simultaneous enemies will attempt to tear through your defenses and gigantic Boss Monsters will appear to rain down havoc upon everyone. Only by employing the most effective defensive strategies, teamwork, and strong characters will you defeat such devilish foes! Many enemy types run the gamut from big dumb Orcs swinging huge axes, to lithe Dark Elves that strike from the shadows, to crazy kamikaze goblins! Can you defeat the epic boss battles and collect the special loot while still defending your crystals?
* Mission & Game Play Variety - Each level has a different visual setting, layout, enemy types, traps, and distinct surprises. To collect all the loot and reach the highest levels you must take your character through 4 difficulty modes, survival missions, challenge maps, and more! Some maps force you to have mobile defenses, guarding a crystal which warps around the map. Others have YOU attacking enemy encampments!
* Collect and Trade Pets Online - A variety of pets exist to assist you in the land of Etheria, each with distinct behaviors. These pets can be leveled-up and customized to match your unique play-style. They can even be traded online with other players!
* Secure Trading System - Afraid another player won't live up to their word? Use our secure trading system to trade your precious weapons, armor, and pets with other players online! Watch your name and fame spread online, as people seek out the best pet raisers or item forgers!
* A Mountain of Stats - Every shot you take, kill you make, and defense you build is logged and recorded for posterity. Pore over the voluminous charts and graphs at the end of each session to analyze your team’s performance, quickly review your best statistics for each level, and compare your data online with other players to see who is the greatest hero of all. Furthermore, your Achievements are visible for all to see within your very own Adventurer’s Tavern, and the highest scores for each of your heroes are ranked on the worldwide leaderboards!***[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Windows XP, Vista or 7
* 1.5 GHz CPU
* 1 GB RAM
* 128 MB VRAM
* 1 GB HD space***Long Ago, Etheria was once a land of living legends... Throughout the ages, brave warriors across the realm stood together against the forces of evil, led by immortal beings known as the Old Ones... After a titanic struggle, these champions locked away the power of the Old Ones, inside Eternia Crystals...
These legendary heroes have recently left their younger kin in charge of the common castle chores... Bored with their dreary duties, the inexperienced pupils decide to play... And accidentally unleash an ancient force that has long been dormant!
Dungeon Defenders is an original hybrid of two hot genres: Tower Defense and cooperative online Action-RPG!
The game puts players in the role of one of four distinctive hero classes, tasked with fending off hordes of invading beasties by strategically summoning a variety of Defenses & Traps throughout their castle. But as much more than just a strategy game, players directly participate in the action-packed combat with their hero characters, while upgrading their statistics, gathering tons of loot and inventory items, customizing & upgrading equipment, and developing unique class abilities. All of this can be enjoyed in seamless online and split-screen local multiplayer, as players cooperate and compete through the story campaign and challenge missions to build the strongest heroes and achieve the highest scores in the kingdom.
Combining the depth of strategic gaming with the satisfying action of RPG character building, in a beautifully stylized ‘toon fantasy setting, Dungeon Defenders is designed to be a distinctly addictive, easy-to-play experience for casual and hardcore gamers alike!
|Risk of Rain||Chucklefish (Hopoo Games)||2013||labelimageminimize|
|Heavy Bullets||Devolver Digital (author)||2014||labelimageminimize|
|Nuclear Throne||Vlambeer||2015||Early access (alpha) started on 2013-10-11.
Actual full release was on 2015-12-05.