showing 7 games
|Sword of the Stars||Lighthouse Interactive;Paradox Interactive (Kerberos Productions)||2006||2008-10-03 as part of [i]Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection[/i]; includes Born of Blood and Murder of Crows expansions
2009-04-17 SotS Ultimate Collection (on Steam)***[b]Minimum:[/b]
• Windows 2000 or XP
• 1 GHz Pentium CPU
• 512 MB RAM
• 128 MB VRAM
• 4X CD-ROM drive
• 56 kbps modem for multiplayer
• 1.5 GHz Pentium CPU
• 1 GB RAM
• Broadband connection for multiplayer***DESCRIPTION
Sword of the Stars is a breakthrough 4X Strategy game brought to you by the core team behind the highly acclaimed title, Homeworld: Cataclysm. Sword of the Stars returns gamers to the action-packed roots of the 4X genre with some new twists, including a 3D starmap and real-time combat resolution in a 3D environment!
Playing as one of 4 unique races, gamers will explore planets, research new technologies and create empires in a hostile universe where weakness means extinction and only the strongest will survive. Sword of the Stars provides quick, intuitive play, state-of-the-art graphics and tactical combat that make the game instantly involving and rewardingly fun.
* 4 distinct races - Human, Hiver, Tarkas and Liir - each with their own technology advantages and disadvantages.
* A powerful state of the art engine delivers breathtaking graphics and robust gameplay.
* Each race has a unique mode of transport between star systems, creating very different styles of play, depending on what race you choose to control.
* Slider bar controls and simplified interface to avoid the confusion of other games without sacrificing depth of gameplay.
* Over 150 distinct technologies to research on a dynamic tech tree that changes from game to game. While the core technology of the tree is consistent, certain offshoots are random from game to game. There is no perfect path up the tech tree to memorize and exploit, because the path keeps changing!
* New technology reflected in detailed ship models, weapons and combat effects. Over 40 weapons from six different weapon classes, in various size classes, from point defence, turrets, to massive spinal mounts!
* Players can design and build ships from three size classes - Destroyer, Cruiser, and Dreadnought - by mixing and matching ship sections (command, mission, and engines), then outfitting them with armour and weapons to suit their preference.
* Up to 8 players can play against the AI and one another over LAN or online.
* Choose from a variety of scenario campaigns to play alone or with friends, each adding more colour and depth to the Sword of the Stars universe.
|Sword of the Stars: Born of Blood||Lighthouse Interactive;Paradox Interactive (Kerberos Productions)||2007||2008-10-03 as part of [i]Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection[/i]
2009-04-17 on Steam, as part of [i]Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection[/i]***DESCRIPTION
Forged in the fires of advanced biotechnology, a new race has emerged from the shadows to threaten the SotS universe. Born of blood, driven by hunger and launched on a relentless search for the Gods that made them, these brutal warriors will stop at nothing to find "The Great Masters." As they tear the galaxy apart, a dark new chapter in the annals of interstellar conquest will begin. Bringing with it new strategies, new weapons, and a new view of "resources."
They call themselves The Zuul. And they have uses for you.
* 1 new race - the Zuul - with 80+ ship sections and Tunnel Drive FTL technology.
* Massive Zuul slaver disks allow them to take slaves and use them to boost production on Zuul fortress worlds.
* Over 15 new weapons with which to battle, including Boarding Pods!
* Over 25 new technologies to research and deploy.
* New diplomatic Data and Comm systems. Make demands! Ask for help in attacking specific targets. Warn players off from the worlds you have yet to claim!
* More Intelligence technologies allow you to keep track of enemy ships, tech and battles.
* A new trade route system making economic control and output even more vital for military success. Star freighters ply the trade routes making money for the player but are also vulnerable to raiders. Active piracy and escort battles enter the SotS universe with a bang.
* Details combat results and status graphs allow you to track the rise or fall of your empire over time.
* A variety of new ship sections for the original races to help meet this new threat.
* More tactical combat options.
* New combat arena as ships are called upon to battle in the dangerous depths of Node-space.
* New random menaces / exploration threats.
* 2 new Scenarios (for both single- and multiplayer).
* 5 new galaxy types.
* Various GUI and multiplayer enhancements.
|Sword of the Stars: A Murder of Crows||Lighthouse Interactive;Paradox Interactive (Kerberos Productions)||2008||2008-10-03 as part of [i]Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection[/i]
2009-04-17 on Steam, as part of [i]Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection[/i]***While the four civilized races battle back the voracious Zuul and seek advantage over each other, a ghost from the past returns to the galaxy in the form of the manipulative Morrigi. Already known for their dark crow-shaped attack drones and deadly traps, this race once thought long extinct, returns looking for vengeance.
Using never-before-seen weapons, ships and tactics, the Morrigi fall upon the other five races of the Sword of the Stars universe, who must now adapt to the ancient masters of space or be destroyed.
Time is of the essence as world after world falls to the black winged ships that surge out of the dark like A Murder of Crows.
* A New Sixth race - The Morrigi, who appeared as a series of mysterious random events in Born of Blood (the first Sword of the Stars expansion pack), continues to evolve the ever-expanding Sword of the Stars universe
* New Ship Sections - Over a dozen new ship sections for all races to match against your opponents
* Unique ‘Grav Flock' Drive System for Morrigi Ships - The more Morrigi ships in a fleet, the faster they can travel, continuing the racial diversity unique to the Sword of the Stars gameplay experience
* 15 new weapons
* 27 new technologies and the new Xeno-Cultural and Drones tech trees
* Sword of the Stars gameplay continues to deepen with Civilian populations, independent worlds, Espionage options, and demands for planetary surrender
* Drone carrying ships in all three size classes
* Construction ships, a variety of orbital stations, spy ships, Police Cutters, and more
* A whole new set of GUI enhancements and additions
* Windows 2000, XP or Vista
* 1.5 GHz Pentium or AMD CPU
* 1 GB RAM
* 128 MB VRAM
* 3 GB HD space
* LAN or 56 kbps internet connection for multiplayer
|Sword of the Stars: Argos Naval Yard||Lighthouse Interactive;Paradox Interactive (Kerberos Productions)||2009||US 2009-06-17 by Lighthouse Interactive, on Steam
EU 2009-06-17 by Paradox Interactive, on Steam
|Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter||Paradox Interactive (Kerberos Productions)||2011||[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Vista (32 bit)
* Core 2 Duo CPU
* 2 GB RAM
* 512 MB VRAM***Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter is the full stand-alone follow-up to the hit 4X-styled Sword of the Stars franchise. The continuing storyline will reveal the dark secrets of the ancient force responsible for tampering with the races in the original Sword of the Stars. Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter will be a major step forward in 4X gameplay, taking the easy-to-learn-but-hard-to-master philosophy set out in SotS1 and following that path to a new standard in space strategy games.
* Lead one of six playable factions, including a completely new one, as you strive for galactic dominance
* Unravel highly detailed star systems featuring planetary orbits, moons, asteroid belts, and different space terrain
* Experience the new graphics engine
* Choose between entirely new vessels, or build your own with new levels of ship detail, including specific sub-systems, allowing for new fleet strategies and tactics
* Explore an advanced technology system as the game begins in the Fusion era and moves beyond the Anti-matter era
* Randomizing options in technology removes the unavoidable "optimal path" making the game more replayable
* Command your empire by exploring new solar systems, improving diplomatic relations or destroying a race
* Engage in fierce multiplayer battles with up to 8 players
|Sword of the Stars: The Pit||Kerberos Productions||2013||Un juego a medio camino entre el rol por turnos complejo, con habilidades y atributos, y los juegos tipo rogue. Su único fallo es que algunos pisos son bastante monótonos de explorar, y su mayor acierto la diferente forma de juego que ofrecen las 3 clases iniciales.
Además su gran aleatoriedad en el crafteo, implantes, consumibles y trampas de puerta otorgan variedad y riesgo de manera muy adecuada. Y el rango de visión, que no permite ver detrás de tu espalda, convierte la exploración en algo más táctico que abrir puertas al azar.
7 de 10***A deadly plague ravages your world. Your last hope: a legendary alien facility dug deep into the Feldspar Mountains...a massive Pit, built by the ancient Suul'ka.
If 'The Pit' really exists, there might be something left. Something that will give your doctors a fighting chance at the cure.
All you know for sure is that every expedition into those mountains has failed to return...
And nothing sows death like the Suul'ka.
[b]Sword of the Stars: The Pit[/b] is a fun, fast, light-hearted action RPG, in the tradition of Rogue and other old school dungeon-diving games.
The game will include the following features on release:
* 3 Characters to choose from...Marine, Pilot and Engineer!
* Go up levels and improve your skills as you try and find a way to survive the depths.
* 30 Levels of ancient evil science between you and the cure!
* Dozens of enemies drawn from the SotSverse!
* Over 30 weapons and armors with a variety of special effects including flamethrowers, rocket launchers, plasma cannons and powered Brawler armor!
* Randomized augmentation effects to make each game unique
* Crafting lets you make special items from bits and pieces of your enemies.
* Over 60 items to discover, ranging from the familiar to the ancient exotic tech.
* Dozens of room types containing a host of exotic devices to help and hinder the player
* Many fiendish ways to die including poisoning, disease, traps, radiation, starvation and of course...MONSTERS.
|Ground Pounders||Kerberos Productions||2014||This seems to be a throwback to Battle Isle 1 type gameplay.||labelminimizeminimize|