People who by profession hunt, capture, and/or kill mages or others with supernatural powers. Often specifically capable of nullifying those supernatural powers.
Alternate name: Witch hunters
The first video game about Mage slayers was released in 2000.
Commonly seen when the mages/witches are seen as either evil or a liability, sometimes hunted without any consideration to their actual activities and in other cases only specific mages/witches are hunted (e.g. those that try to run/hide from The System).
* Anti-magical and/or magic resistant
* Ability to dispel magical effects or even prevent spellcasting completely
* Ability to make spellcasting harmful to the caster
* Ability to discern illusions
* Mental fortitude to resist mind control and other malicious magical effects
* Extensive knowledge of the occult and possibly ability to use it (see below)
* May be a mage/witch themself