Crysis is a next-generation PC first-person shooter from Crytek, the award-winning developers of Far Cry. A stunning technical achievement, Crysis combines incredible visuals, cunning gameplay and an epic story that challenges gamers to adapt to survive.
Global tensions have reached boiling point as the U.S. and North Korea square off in the South China Sea. At stake: a mysterious artifact uncovered by a team of U.S. archeologists.
The North Korean government quickly seizes the area, prompting the U.S. to dispatch an elite team of Delta Force operatives on a rescue mission. During the siege the true nature of the artifact quickly emerges, pointing to the existence of an alien presence on Earth, and ultimately the trigger for a massive-scale alien invasion.
The battle to save Earth begins as the aliens' flash freeze the tropics into a ghostly-white frozen landscape.
As gamers take up arms against the aliens, they will be outfitted with customisable weapons and a high tech nano-suit, allowing them to adapt their tactics and abilities to a hostile, ever-changing environment and a mysterious enemy.
Powered by CryENGINE 2 , Crysis delivers the ultimate DX10 gaming experience for the PC, including unparalleled graphics, special effects and artificial intelligence. The game is also scaleable to deliver a breath-taking FPS experience for older DX9 PCs.
Crysis Key features
• Adapt to Survive - An epic story thrusts players into an ever-changing environment, forcing them to adapt their tactics and approach to conquer battlefields ranging from newly frozen jungle to zero-gravity alien environments.
• Suit Up - A high-tech nano-suit allows gamers to augment their abilities in real time on the battlefield. Players can choose to enhance their speed, strength, armor and cloaking abilities to approach situations in creative tactical ways.
• Customisable Weaponry - A huge arsenal of modular weaponry gives gamers unprecedented control over their play style. Blow the opposition away with experimental weapons like the TAC launcher, discover alien technology and utlise custom ammunition from incendiary-tipped rounds to tactical munitions that can silently put foes to sleep.
• Veni Vidi Vici - Lifelike enemy AI challenges players to assess a situation and approach it strategically. It isn't about having the fastest trigger finger – players are challenged to be proactive in the fight, not reactive.
• Zero-G Gameplay - Battle a horrifying alien species in a true Zero-gravity environment, where physics change everything as players must adapt to moving in Zero-G and contending with the recoil from their weapons and more.
• Next-Generation Graphics - Built from the ground up using Crytek's proprietary CryENGINE 2 , Crysis' visuals define "state of the art," with full DX10 support and scalable options to deliver solid performance on older machines.
• Open, Physicalised World - Choose your own path through the open world of Crysis, destroying obstacles, driving vehicles from VTOL's to boats and using the environment itself against your enemies.
• Bring It Online - Full-featured multiplayer for up to 32 players with real-time armor and weapons customisation. For a pure adrenaline fix hit the Instant Action button, or prepare yourself for the all-new multiplayer PowerStruggle mode that combines economy and vehicle warfare, alien technology and ranking, all wrapped in a strategic objective-based experience.
2007-05-20 (updated 2007-10-19) #