Welcome to the Universal Videogame List
The biggest and oldest video game database about any video game on any platform
Get an account to manage your games collection, comment and rate any game
You can also become and editor and help us getting any missing info
Video game concept, first seen in 1991
Difficulty and/or type of opponents/challenges scales according to the character level or similar measure of ability.
Drag the years selector, pick the platforms or anniversaries and then browse the video games
March 2020 update (3 days and 18 hours ago)
- Fixed an issue when searching games using kanji and other non-ascii characters.
- Direct link to group comparison between related groups. (for example head here CPS1 hardware) and look at the related groups card.
- Added an editor helper (links for quick edits in the yellow box in the game info page) for racing and fighting games.
- Fixed the map for geographic locations. Groups need to be children of city, country or continent to display the map.
- Improved the game gallery to have the images grouped by type, and displayed maintaining the correct aspect ratio, so not anymore cropped cover images, any NDS screen and so on. Except for three-screen wide games like Darius arcade, in that case it is cropped to 16:9 ratio.
Good luck with the virus, I hope you all are getting well.
January 2020 updates (2020-01-07)
The migration to the new server was finally completed, updating from PHP 5.6 to 7.2 needed quite a lot of work, but this new PHP is quite faster, and forced me to write better code!
With the new PHP is now possible to support the recent image formats, better handling of structured data (useful for search engines) and other stuff that I'm discovering in these days.
Most of the recent work was done "underground" so not much is visible, but there are visible fixes in most areas.