2008-06-14 (updated 2008-06-14)
You take up the role of nameless marine come to UAC Mars research base as a replacement to fill up the diminishing security forces on site. You're initially greeted by bleak residents of the Mars base and the uptight workforce of the place and are quickly pushed to your first assignment. And your arrival could not have been on worse time, as the conditions rapidly deteriorate from then on into an invasion by demonic forces and a darker plot brewing behind it.

---
Personally I think the game is quite good, and the major criticism from others seems to have been about the extremely dark setting (lack of lighting), but how many horror games do you see in brightly lit environs that still manage to scare you? I doubt any. Creep you out by weirdness, perhaps, but not scare you.

The only gripe I have about the game is that it relies all too much on scripted sequences to scare you, and the mob A.I. seems to be a bit too straightforward to give much challenge as it's quite easy to figure out and once that's done, most situations are ridiculously easy to handle, especially with the virtually infinite ammo you have (not that that's much a surprise as the place _is_ weapons research and manufacturing facility on top of everything else).