Persian Gulf Inferno

2023-03-23 (updated 2023-03-23)
A 1989 Amiga Game called Persian Gulf Inferno by Innerprise Software Inc.

It's an omitted gem, really. Mostly because it may seem very unpolished at first, but it has some aces in it's sleeves. The biggest advantage of the game is a brilliant map design, which is a huge puzzle actually. The twist is, gameplay duration is only 25 minutes at a time, before bomb goes off. So, the only way to explore the whole thing is through multiple attempts.

The goal of the game is to find the only way through the complex building, while defeating all enemies and disarming the bomb in less then 25 mins. This is the reason most of the players won't discover the point of the game. It presents itself as a primitive jumpscare shooter which is actually very hard to cope with for a few first minutes of gameplay.

I was terrified to play this game as a child. It challenged me to return and beat it as an adult. There is an incipience of a storyline which is suprisingly potent and makes the game somehow memorable. I've had a lot of fun discovering the nooks of the map. Everybody could decide to give it a chance and have great experience for at least few hours.

Link to Game Map Image (Spoilers)

2023-03-23
I granted you editor rights. So you can put your personal review into the specific game entry.