Mugwump by Rob Suykerbuyk

2023-06-20
Hello,
Mugwump by
Rob Suykerbuyk, was created in 1982, not only does he appear in the same link that I cited, below in "released", but he also appears in Mobygames; Is there any reason to consider that both sources may be wrong?

2023-06-21
In Mobygames the C64 version of Mugwump has screenshots from the Creative Computing Mugwump version. These screenshots do not belong to the Rob Suykerbuyk version of Mugwump. So there are two different versions existing. They give credit to the Creative Computing version to Rob Suykerbuyk. They are wrong there. Or the screenshots are wrong. The Rob Suykerbuyk version is obviously based on the Creative Computing version. GB64 does list it is separate, not connected version from the Creative Computing version. So for now UVL also has two entries:
- https://www.uvlist.net/game-269721-Mugwump
- https://www.uvlist.net/game-269326-Mugwump

The Creative Computing version is from 1978, because thats the when the code was released which was obviously runnable later on the C64 as well, which would be the release date of the C64 in 1982. There is no hint as to when the Rob Suykerbuyk version was released. Mobygames might have 1982 because they mean the Creative Computing version. Because again its not clear what version they are talking about in their database. GB64 and other C64 specialized sites have not date listed and I trust them more than a Mobygames entry that already has wrong screenshots/author combination.

Another fact that speaks against a 1982 release date is the only other C64 game Rob Suykerbuyk made a re-programm from. Thats Hammurabi. https://www.uvlist.net/game-269653-Hammurabi
That revised version was from 1984. So that hints he had a phase where he did little revised versions of old games on PET code. So I would also place the Rob Suykerbuyk Mugwump version around the 1984 time.

2023-06-21
Yes, but I'm not relying on the Mobygames post. Otherwise, from the link I copied, which is partly based on mobygames. I still preferred to ask, because all the data on the creator, (who is still alive), indicate that it is more likely that he created the video game, more less in 1984.

My point, which I will address in a new forum discussion (soon, I am preparing the topics), is that it would be better, prior to the changes, to discuss them, to complete the games as much as possible, without removing the advanced.
In this case, I think you're right, because I think it's unlikely that between August 1982 and December, Rob managed to do a tremendous job, especially with the color palette, on the C64; but, given the doubt generated by the source that I copied (not mobygames, the other), it was worth at least discussing it.

Greetings.

2023-06-21
Do you mean the archive.org link? The year there says 1982. But that 100% taken from Mobygames information. It even says so. And the archive.org disk image uploader put the Rob Suykerbuyk ROM version in it because Mobygames says its from Rob Suykerbuyk.