2023-06-23
I am concerned that games that are not on the market are being added, such as Wario Move It, since, old players, we know that many times, Nintendo or other companies have canceled the launch; Therefore, the entries entered in UVL would remain.

I don't want to be rude, but I ask the Jedi high council to rule (hahaha), before removing any of those games.

2023-06-23
The truth is that the issue worries me. I understand that they are games with enormous marketing, but experience indicates that we cannot place them in advance of their official release.

2023-06-23
re: New games added
I am concerned that games that are not on the market are being added, such as Wario Move It, since, old players, we know that many times, Nintendo or other companies have canceled the launch; Therefore, the entries entered in UVL would remain.

I don't want to be rude, but I ask the Jedi high council to rule (hahaha), before removing any of those games.

Check out https://code.google.com/archive/p/uvl/wikis/EditorGuide.wiki

It may be that games get moved but when a release date is given from a big company they usually keep it or move it at best.
But they don't cancel it.

And even if they cancel it we have the cancelled tag.
There are tons of games that have been announced so also got a steam page with a TBA or TBA 2023 etc. dates.
So we also have those in the Database (search for TBA)

So as long as there is Data out there Screenshots / Videos they belong in the database.
Also see https://www.uvlist.net/groups/info/cancelled

For a discussion also check out https://www.uvlist.net/forum/thread/13191

Everyone has a bit of a different mindset on this.
For me I can no track new games if I don't have them in the database.
I set them to playing or set a tag and check on them later.
If they get abandonded I delete them, happened often on some AGS games.

So for your example with Wario Ware Move it.

There is already the official page
https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/warioware-move-it-switch/

Screenshots and Video of gameplay
You can already buy it

2023-06-23
The truth is that the issue worries me. I understand that they are games with enormous marketing, but experience indicates that we cannot place them in advance of their official release.

I am fully on your side. A game that was cancelled and there is no playable demo/alpha version for the public to play with should not be in UVL. Thats my personal stance. If there is a prototype or playable demo and the game was cancelled it can still be in UVL because there is some sort of game existing to play with. It can be tagged with prototype or demo and cancelled.

Why are there still many games with a TBA date in UVL? Because some editors - and I may say even lots of the older moderators and the admin himself - added those games. They are mostly for more modern game (at the time when they were entered - so in the 2000s and younger). I personally do not edit such new games and do no quality control over them. I can only urge an editor who enters a TBA game that he has to track on the entry. This however was often not the case. So we have lots of these entries in the database. Someone should check the status of those games. I have other priorities at the moment. When I see questionable cancelled and not available games from the era where I edit games (mostly 80s, early 90s) I do check the status and delete or clarify that there are prototype or such.

And sometimes I do keep them when its clear that another editor wants so. So for example the cancelled NES game for Hellraiser https://www.uvlist.net/game-267288-Hellraiser should stay in UVL. We had a discussion about this and that was the result. For 99% of the games there was no discussion. If you have certain games in UVL that we should discuss deletion we can do it. In general I am often pro-deleting.

2023-06-23
I agree with TBA. I only use it for newer games and also track them myself.
Older games don't fall in that.
Either they got released or they didn't

Sometimes I check out TBA entries and if the websites of the devs are dead I delete the game. Happend like 5-6 times or so.

2023-06-23
My theme is not to bother; I highly respect the work that Cebion does, and I have also learned a lot from Teran01's indications, the matter is regarding Leonardo09MR, who is indiscriminately uploading many games that we don't know if they will exist; I am very distrustful of the launches, because on another page in which I cooperated for a while, many times we come across the fiascos of the companies.

Hellriser, even with the respect that Zerothis deserves, I would openly eliminate it, it was a game that never existed, it doesn't even serve as a historical piece.

In the case of what I have been uploading, at least Catodhe Ray, from 1947, did not exist, but it marked a before and after in the development of screens. Turochamp, from 1948, existed and was played by at least two or three math teachers, but Hellriser was not played by its creators.

I humbly believe that we should contribute what we know, with the freedom that has always been offered here, but videogames that exist, the rest is talking about mere hypotheses.

Regards, and although I don't know you, I want you to know that I admire your work.