2023-07-07
My question to Teran, is why are the fonts that I am adding to the video games being removed? in particular

title:
content:
source:

https://brutaldeluxe.fr/projects/cassettes/programma/programma_catalog_spring1980.pdf
(25934)

I ask why it took me a lot of work to attach the sources

Is this the only game where you've done this?

2023-07-07 (updated 2023-07-07)
Its not deleted. The information is put as source link in the description article. I explained it in another forum topic somewhere.

This picture explains what I did with Highres boxing:
https://nx13389.your-storageshare.de/s/rw4jERzLCD7oZ6o

If your description or info in an article is a quote from another source then the source should be placed there, as part of the article. No need to put up an extra editors note with the source. Its also visually better because link-only editor notes don't look very good.

2023-07-07
Understand.
But, the source does not necessarily respond to the description, but many times, I put the source so that someone knows that the video game exists; something that caught my attention both here at UVLIST and at Mobygames, was that there are many videogames that don't exist, that's why I found it necessary to at least support their existence with a link where the user can be redirected.

But if you believe that this is how it should go, I agree with your opinion, in the sense that it is necessary to give it a unit of criteria.

2023-07-07
But, the source does not necessarily respond to the description, but many times, I put the source so that someone knows that the video game exists; something that caught my attention both here at UVLIST and at Mobygames, was that there are many videogames that don't exist, that's why I found it necessary to at least support their existence with a link where the user can be redirected.

The source inside the description article is to make clear that the description is not from your own words but comes from somewhere and someone else. This can be Wikipedia or Mobygames or in this case from a catalog.

To proof that a game exists is a different matter. Very rare and old games that are hard to find and that have no screenshot and information is not easily found then an extra editors note with the "proof" and a link are fine. Mainstream games that are easy to find don't need links to external sites for proof. Games that have screenshots normally also don't need proof-links, because the screenshot is proof enough and the screenshots shows what exact game is meant with the entry. Sometimes there are a dozen games that are only named "Chess" and unless there is a screenshot its very hard to figure out what game is what.

2023-07-08
Some related points again to make it even more clear based on my obersevati

Background is the edit of the Bullseye game for MS-DOS:
https://www.uvlist.net/game-236448

Some things I suggest to do differently with this entry:

- The description seems to be a description from Mobygames and not an official description. The description in the Archive.org link also says its been taken from Mobygames. So here you should put the Mobygames link as source of the description. I do not know if its the own words of Mobygames or if Mobygames copied it from an official source. But as long thats not clear, Mobygames is the source of the description.

- The game is common. The game has a UVL screenshot. It is easily to find via the Download sites (e.g. myabandonware), and has a good Mobygames entry. There is no need for a proof-link in this case. Proof-links are good if you are unsure that another UVL editor (like me) stumbles upon the entry a few years later and thinks "Where does this come from? Does it really exist? What game is meant by this entry? The mainstream sources don't have it. Google only gives vague results. I think it does not exist and the original editor must have made a mistake". If I think like this, then the entry gets possibly deleted. To prevent deletion its good to have the source given where this comes from.

- If the Archive.org link is not a proof-link but meant to be a "Where to play"-link then I don't like that kind of link. "Where to play"-links can change and I will not be able to find and fix this afterwards. I talked about this in another thread. I created a solution for MS-DOS games now by editing the MS-DOS platform page.
https://www.uvlist.net/platforms/detail/75
It now has a "Where to find games" section with links to some of the best sources to download MS-DOS games. When a game can be found via these sources there is no need for an extra link. Because then I know it does exist, I know where to get it to make screenshots from it (when UVL screenshots are missing). I also added the Archive.org collection link from the Bullseye entry into the list so people can use the link to play games from that collection directly in browser.

We already had the topic with the APF Imagination Machine links, where I deleted the TV-Game.ru links from the individual game entries and added a general link to the platform page (https://www.uvlist.net/platforms/detail/154)
If you want to have such links added to the platform pages I will try to add them (e.g. a link to the Apple Asimov archive for Apple II games).