About Charlaine Harris: Dying For Daylight

Summary
A short, easy game that does not take itself too seriously and doesn't require that you read a manual before you start playing.
This game suitable for a someone new to gaming. While none of the puzzles should give anyone who's played a game or two any trouble the hint system tells you the answers and, if that isn't enough, many puzzles have a 'Skip' option that's triggered after about half a dozen attempts.

The Good
The game is well drawn, has decent music and game mechanics, everything just works as it should.
The standout part for me was the voice acting of the main character. Xe Sands sounded suitably vampish, i.e. flirtatious and suggestive, as Dahlia the lead vampire character, delivering her lines like a modern Mae West. Very easy on the ears.

The Bad
It's very short. There's a decent story here that has potential. A vampire group in New Orleans has this formula but under threat they have scattered and Dahlia starts tracking them down. Episode one sets the scene and the remaining episodes deal with the first three characters then the game stops. Why? There are several other characters to track down plus what happens when she gets the formula? Do the bad guys get there first? It feels as though either the game is incomplete or the author couldn't come up with an ending.

The install process does not put a link into the Start menu. Whenever the game is to be played the CD must be loaded and the game runs from there, just a minor niggle but I spent longer looking for the installed game than I did solving some of the puzzles.

Estimated time to complete: Around four hours