Nintendo makes Linux games!

2016-11-06
The day has arrived, sort of. Nintendo has been public about there preference for Open Source software as a consumer but silent about their using it as a developer. Well, fire up you NES Classic console and browse to the Legal Notices, IP Notice, Open Source Software and BAM! https://twitter.com/derrekr6/status/794585949195960320
There it is, the NES Classic is a Linux box!

Technically, Nintendo has now published 39 Linux games. Their number of Linux games published puts them in 3rd place (behind Night Dive Studios and Choice of Games).

source: arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/11/nes-mini-teardowns-have-begun-chips-identified/

2016-11-07
The games seem to be still emulated and not native Linux games. The emulation runs under a Linux optimized hardware and Linux OS. Well, with some OS the NES Classic would have to run. So this does not come unexpected. Doesn't make them Linux games in my eyes. As I see it, tagging the NES games with nesclassic and writing in the group description that the NES Classic runs on Linux is the way to go in this case.

2016-11-07
I was not planning to add them in the Linux platform :) After all, The NES Classic is specialized hardware, like Pandora. It's more closely related to an android tablet, except running Linux. Tagging them with nesclassic is sufficient.

As for native, these games are as the Atari, Midway, Intellivision, Namco, collections (which are entered into UVL); roms emulated on another platform. Playstation, GameCube, . Atari Vault is a published and supported non-native Linux game collection by Atari. But again, specialized hardware makes it something that does not go in the Linux platform at UVL.