TAGS: Comic book elements


We have speech bubbles
We have contrails, but I'm not sure that tag applies to all situations.
We freezeframes. This covers things like showing a bullet frozen in flight or other such improbable sights that are common in comic books.

Do we have?:

Motion indicators (motion lines, motion graphics)
Like motion blur, but it is not. It is a visual cue to indicate motion and it is very unlike blur. But, not always completely inexplicable. For instance, if a character is swinging a torch, smoke makes a reasonable Motion indicator even if unrealistically drawn. At airshows, planes create smoke trails on purpose to better show motion. This resembles contrails but isn't really.
See this wikipedia

A textbook example:

Visible strikes
like onomatopoeia, without the words.

floating panels
This shows floating panels. Note a character in the 'behind' panel is actually in front of the floating panels (this may be yet another tag, it happens with speech bubbles also).

Contrails is pretty much the same as motion lines.