bounty offered

2017-10-09

So I came across the existence of a product
Title: Linux Spiele & Games
Publisher: Mediengesellschaft
Date: May, 2000
ISBN: 3-89826-515-3
EAN: 9 783898 265157

It is a collection of various software and 1,000 redistributable GNU/Linux games. I've counted and studied UVL entires and estimated the math. If, by May 2000, there were 1,000 redistributable GNU/Linux in the world, and not counting a few commercial ones, and by the most generous numbers possible in UVL's favor, we're at least 500 hundred entries short for the pre-May-2000 mark.

So, a UVL editor needs to buy Linux Spiele & Games to get the informations. I'd like very much to own it personally. Thus far my searching has only resulted in ausverkauft, falscheware, and kein schiff für dich.

2017-10-09
I might have good news... stay tuned...

2017-10-09
Ok, I found a German shop that sells it.

https://www.lehmanns.de/shop/mathematik-informatik/2424595-9783898265157-linux-spiele-games-2-cd-roms

I just bought the article twice! One for me, one which I could send to you. Alternatively I would send you the contents of the cd-roms etc. It will take some time until it arrives at my home and I am not often at home the next time. With any luck I will have it next weekend. If not I will have to wait for 3 weeks. But I think the most important thing is that this article (book + 2 cd-roms") is complete and has everything included.

2017-10-09
That was fast! Thank you! Danke!

That's one of the sites that wouldn't ship it to me (I think that was what was said to me in German).

I realize the CD is filled with redistributable content, but, sadly, copyright still applies to the rest of it in my jurisdiction. And I'd like the rest of it :) I'll buy the physical package from you please.

Darn! What's the current state of editor messaging at UVL. Oh well, I'll just relay my address to Andrea. Oh wait, I think I have your email. Someone didn't use BCC (tee hee hee).

interesting fact: China apparently has a cut-off point whereby mostly non-proprietary makes something fully non-proprietary).