About Ultima 4 for Exult

The project was registered in SF.net in 2002 yet there are no files, no sources, not even website and the project is listed as being in planning stage. Added way too early to UVL if there's actually any progress. The links definitely are wrong if there's progress.

2008-11-24
The files are elsewhere. It sucks, but many developers create a sourceforge entry for their project and then never use it. This doesn't mean the project doesn't exist. Files, bug tracking, support, and a home page are out there, they just don't use the sourceforge project page for them. I find this personally annoying, but as a UVL member I don't have much room for complaint; many UVL entries are title only.

2008-11-24
The files are elsewhere.

Then link to that other place would be much more useful and appropriate than one that points to unused and clearly abandoned SF.net project page. I think I even googled for this without finding any relevant sites back when I added the delete request tag.

2008-11-26
I will endeavor to find a suitable link. But, I'd like to point out that there are many other games in the database that have no links and are 'abandon' as you have labeled this one. For instance, there are Doom projects on source forge that are abandon and fileless; should Doom be removed? In fact, the majority of the games in UVL have no 'site' where you can download 'files' and they have seen any 'development activity' in 4 or more years. I seem to recall personally confirming that Ultima 4 for Exult does have files; I downloaded them once (probably about 4 years ago).

And why all this concern about what should be removed from the database when so many existing and undisputed games lack information that unquestionably exists but is not yet entered in UVL?

2008-11-26
And why all this concern about what should be removed from the database when so many existing and undisputed games lack information that unquestionably exists but is not yet entered in UVL?

I dispute them when I encounter them. There's no point in pushing them to the future in which we likely have as much time to fix them as now - and there's really no way to push them there other than completely forgetting them, which is about the equivalent of ignoring and forgetting game entries with no data even though you could add some without any researching.

Also, free/FOSS games are unlikely to disappear so completely unless they never reached a playable/finished state.

2009-06-28
Half a year has passed with no improvement. Can we now consider it vaporware?