More about characters

2011-09-27
I think I already suggested this long ago, but I think it might be a good idea to link characters to games, so we can have the list of every game in which the character is shown, and the opposite, a list of every character present in a game. So far we don't know, because characters added to a group can belong to only one game in the series, just some, or every game. Maybe we could also state which kind of appearance it is, such as :

* Main character
* Playable
* Antagonist / main villain
* Enemy character
* Seen
* Heard of / referenced

...something like that.

2011-09-27
code.google.com/p/uvl/issues/detail?id=24

Anyway, I think a lot of those actually need to be checkboxes that can exist simultaneously. There's possibility that the player controls both the protagonist and antagonist simply by virtue of the playable character being swapped at some point (play as the villain to introduce the problem, then play as the hero to fix it). Other characters may change allegiance over time. And the game may offer ways to play odd characters regardless who they are in that particular game.

In addition to the enemy character, we should have ally (any companion and others as well) and ambiguous allegiance (I think Ada Wong in RE4 fits this). And these should be possible to exist together in case their status changes over the story.