Nickname : dandyboh, sometimes dandybohemia, refers to "The Dandy Warhols" and their third album, "Thirteen Tales from Urban Bohemia".
Real name : Joris.
Status : Married, one daughter.
Location : Europe, France, near Lyon.
Age : 35.
Languages : French, English, Italian (a little). I tried to learn Japanese and Spanish.
Occupation : Web developer.
Hobbies : Playing, collecting, and learning history of video games, juggling (balls, clubs, devil stick and contact), listening music (electro / electro-punk / electro-dub, rock / post-rock / noise rock, ska, dub, drum 'n bass / jungle / hardtek, hip hop / abstract hip-hop, punk / post-punk, digital hardcore, 8bit / chiptune, and much more...), kiting, playing table football, watching real football (soccer), drinking and tasting beers (especially fond of English and American ales / IPAs and stouts), playing board games and card games.
Contribute to UVL since : 5th February 2005 (or before ?).
Why ? : Of course because I love video games. I noticed that Google often sent me to UVL when looking for informations on games little known. At the beginning, I used UVL to find informations for my own database (concerning every game I ever played), but I noticed my database was awful, poor and unpractical compared with UVL. I have now forgotten my old database and contribute to UVL.
Favorite platforms : Mega Drive, Saturn, Amstrad CPC, PlayStation 1, Playstation 2.
Favorite series : Shining Force, Puyo Puyo, Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, Persona, Lode Runner,...
Platforms I own :
* Master System (PAL, Master System 1, Alex Kidd built-in)
* Mega Drive (PAL, Mega Drive 1)
* Mega Drive (PAL, Mega Drive II)
* Game Gear (PAL)
* Pico (PAL, Winnie the Pooh Pack, with instructions, not working)
* Saturn (PAL, Model-1, Virtua Fighter Pack, boxed with instructions, not functioning)
* Saturn (PAL, Model-2)
* Dreamcast (PAL)
* Nintendo Entertainment System (PAL FAH, Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt pack with Light Phaser, boxed)
* Game Boy (PAL, standard pack, boxed with instructions)
* Super Nintendo (PAL)
* BS-500AS (pirate, clone of Nintendo Family Computer)
* Neo Fami (clone of Nintendo Family Computer, black, boxed)
* Game Boy Color (PAL, Clear purple)
* Game Boy Color (PAL, Pokémon Special Edition)
* N64 (PAL, Pack Mario 64, boxed)
* Game Boy Advance (PAL, Indigo)
* Game Boy Advance (PAL, White)
* Game Boy Advance SP (PAL, Blue)
* GameCube (PAL, Indigo, not working)
* GameCube (PAL, Black)
* Nintendo DS (Jap, DS Lite Crystal White, complete in box, not working)
* Wii (PAL, Wii Mini, boxed with instructions)
* Nintendo 2DS (PAL, Red + white, boxed with instructions)
* PlayStation 1 (PAL, SCPH9002, Chipped)
* PlayStation 1 (PAL, SCPH7502, boxed)
* PlayStation 2 (PAL, PSTwo, Pink, scratches CDs & DVDs)
* PlayStation 2 (PAL, PSTwo, Black)
* PlayStation 3 (PAL (fr), PS3 Ultra Slim, Charcoal black, 500Go, boxed with instructions)
* PlayStation 3 (PAL, PS3 Slim, Charcoal black, 320Go, boxed, not working)
* PSP (PAL, PSP Street, Pack Fifa 12 - Black, boxed with instructions)
* PlayStation Vita (Slim, Jap, Glacier White, boxed with instructions)
* Atari ST 1040E (not working)
* Flashback 3 (Boxed with instructions)
* Philips Videopac C52/04 (PAL Fr, boxed with instructions)
* Philips CD-i 210 (PAL, with MPEG card)
* Xbox (PAL)
* Microsoft Xbox 360 (PAL, Elite, pack FFXIII, black, boxed with instructions)
* MB Microvision (PAL, boxed with instructions)
* WonderSwan Color (Jap, SwanCrystal Blue Metallic, boxed with instructions)
* MSX Sony HB-501F (Fr, with a cassette loader and two cartridge slots)
* TI-99/4A (PAL)
* Supervision (PAL, first model)
Toys / electronic handhelds
* Parker Brothers Merlin (electronic handheld game)
* Texas Instruments Dictée Magique (PAL, with two add-ons, French version of "Speak & Spell")
* Brick Game (original grey model)
* An aging computer with Windows 7 and Ubuntu (dual boot)
Platforms I chronologically owned when I was a child :
Games I collect :
Other things I collect :
* Everything related to Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass
* Stamps (I don't collect them anymore)
* Magic the Gathering trading card game (I don't collect them anymore)
* Fairy Figurines
* Beer labels
TO-DO: UPDATE THE TO-DO LIST
- Adding Super Nintendo screenshots and missing informations, splitting duplicate games, deleting non-games.
- Adding officially released descriptions to some Mega Drive games, alphabetically, and missing data (mostly : developer, perspective, languages, non-latin titles, player options).
- Adding missing GB/GBC/GBA in-game screenshots.
- Adding reviews (now doing Joystick magazine).
- Adding XBLA games.
Suspending (to continue):
- Adding NeoGeo Pocket bw/color games and pictures.
- Adding sport tags to sport games.
- Adding Japanese / Korean / etc... titles to Megadrive and Saturn games.
- Adding screenshots (title + in-game) to Game Gear games alphabetically.
- Adding Saturn covers (+ possibly some screenshots) to most popular games.
- Adding appropriate tags to cancelled / unconfirmed Master System games.
- Adding Mega Force and Joypad reviews. Lots of issues are missing.
Done but not finished:
- Added Vtech Smile & Vtech Flash games. As games are still released for these platforms, I'll have to keep a watch.
- Added VRC ratings to Genesis / Pico / Game Gear / Mega-CD games. There may be some missing ones for Pico and PC games mostly.
- Added Consoles+ reviews (recent magazines + various ones are missing); Supersonic reviews (most magazines are missing); Joypad reviews (recent magazines + various ones are missing); Mega Force (most magazines are missing)
- To add perspectives, relations and tags to Megadrive and Saturn games.
- To add missing NES screenshots and informations
- Added missing japanese PCE CD games, covers, informations and hardware tags - but I still need to check games as I noticed lots of PCE CD games are noted as PCE games.
- Added missing Sega Saturn games (all official games should be present in the db).
- Added WonderSwan and WonderSwan Color games (informations + screenshots).
- Added Enterprise games and pictures. Still miss a lot of informations and pictures, difficult to find more.
- Added Aquarius games.
- Added Mega LD games.
- Added Gizmondo games and pictures.
- Added Action Max games (just a few games, difficult to find images, couldn't find publisher(s) list).
- Added / corrected informations / screenshots to Megadrive games. Still looking for informations about some games that I think they don't exist (see this thread).
- Added VG5000 games.
- Added Game Boy / Game Boy Color informations + screenshots.
- Added Game Boy Advance games, informations & screenshots.
- Added Sord M5 games.
- Added all Mean Machines Sega, Sega Saturn Magazine, Player One, Amstar, Amstrad 100% reviews.
- UVL's French translation.
dandyboh has edited/added 31383 games, added 22691 images and 38361 articles.
Is enabled to add tags, edit and delete games, write articles.
Top platforms dandyboh contributed to
399 Amstrad CPC
265 PS Vita
255 Atari ST
196 Nintendo DS
177 Mac OS Classic
120 Mega Drive
2857 Amstrad CPC
2046 Mega Drive
1062 Atari ST
518 Game Gear
351 PCE CD
338 Master System
332 PS Vita
313 Nintendo DS
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (3DS)
Inazuma Eleven (NDS)
Fire Emblem Heroes (ANDR)
Super Mario Run (ANDR)
Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE (WIIU)
Trillion: God of Destruction (VITA)
Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls (VITA)
Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls (VITA)
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (VITA)
Gal*Gun: Double Peace (VITA)