2007-10-19
In which country and/or in which release?

2007-10-19
Can't remember why I wrote that, looks like a note to be deleted later...
I bet it was Germany BTW...

2007-10-19
Quite likely. It's the only country I know to censor things related to Nazis.

2007-10-19
The US also did/does this, probably nearly as often as Germany. This has been changing slowly so mostly older games will be have been censored. It was never a federal (national) law but state to state laws very. Nazi and communists materials were banned by law in certain states until the 1990s when most of them were repealed. Some states still have these laws on the books and a few still enforce them. But most of the censorship comes from businesses (nearly always cooperations) who refuse to publish or sell a game that 'has Nazis in it'. History has shown something as simple as a obscure misshaped swastika graffiti on the bad guys lair or a group doing the goose-step will be defines as 'has Nazis in it'. So the game developers have to change a game's content to satisfy them. They supposedly don't want to be seen as supporting communism or nazism. And they seem to think that people won't realize the game has nazis in it if the swastikas and goose-stepping is removed and that they won't ever find out the game was previously published with these things in it. They have a very poor opinion of their customer's intelligence. However, there are a vocal minority that are that dumb and a non-vocal majority who stand by and do nothing while censorship thrives.