showing 5 games
|Deus Ex||Eidos Interactive (Ion Storm)||2000||2007-03-29 on Steam; GOTY edition (lang: eng)***This GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION of the smash hit Deus Ex features an all-new multiplayer mode and a new head-to-head deathmatch mode. Also included is a software development kit, so you'll be able to create both single and multiplayer missions from scratch, as well as modify existing ones.
The year is 2052 and the world is a dangerous and chaotic place. Terrorists operate openly - killing thousands; drugs, disease and pollution kill even more. The world's economies are close to collapse and the gap between the insanely wealthy and the desperately poor grows ever wider. Worst of all, an ages old conspiracy bent on world domination has decided that the time is right to emerge from the shadows and take control. No one believes they exist. No one but you.
* Real role-playing from an immersive 3D, first-person perspective. The game includes action, character interaction and problem solving.
* Realistic, recognizable locations. Many of the locations are built from actual blueprints of real places set in a near future scenario.
* A game filled with people rather than monsters. This creates empathy with the game characters and enhances the realism of the game world.
* Rich character development systems: Skills, augmentations, weapon and item selections and multiple solutions to problems ensure that no two players will end the game with similar characters.
* Multiple solutions to problems and character development choices ensure a varied game experience. Talk, fight or use skills to get past obstacles as the game adapts itself to your style of play.
* Strong storyline: Built on "real" conspiracy theories, current events and expected advancements in technology. If it's in the game, someone, somewhere believes it.
[Valve - GOTY edition]***If there's a thing that doesn't make sense, then it's the early sound cutoff bug this game has on my system. After trying solutions that work in every other game, I found on a forum that switching to sw rendering and back to D3D fixes it temporarily, and it did, even OpenGL rendering didn't have it. But both of those had some other issues I didn't want so I kept looking. Until I switched off vsync, and behold, sound clipping is [i]gone[/i]. Fine and dandy with me, except it doesn't make slightest bit of [u]sense[/u]. Video card setting that releases the framerate synchronization with screen refresh and allows the game to render more frames [i]somehow[/i] allows the game to play the voice overs to the end. Other people have had similar issues with the game and all with different solutions, but those other solutions actually made sense.***Latest version: 1.112fm (as of 2001-04-28?), 1.4 for French
The 1.014f patch is the last that affected single-player.***[b]Minimum:[/b]
* Windows 95 or 98
* 300 Mhz Pentium II CPU
* 64 MB RAM
* 4X CD-ROM Drive
* 150 MB HD space
* Athlon or Pentium III CPU
* 128 MB RAM
* 16 MB VRAM
* 8X CD-ROM Drive
* 750 MB HD space
* EAX or A3D compliant audio card
|Puyo Puyo Fever||Sega (Sonic Team)||2004||labelimageminimize|
|Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2||Ubisoft (GRIN)||2007||Ubisoft's award-winning shooter that was founded on the PC returns with Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, designed specifically for the PC gamer by GRIN. Building on the foundation of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, the sequel is a near-future warfare masterpiece. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 for the PC screams tactics, and you'll need to bring your best to bear if you are going to get the Ghosts past their latest challenge...
It's 2014, and the soldier of the future returns to encounter a new and more imminent threat along the recently completed wall on the U.S./Mexico border. The Ghosts are more powerful with an upgraded Integrated Warfighter System (IWS), but will have only 72 hours to assess the threat and stop the rebels from reaching U.S. soil. With a border that's 1,900 miles long and an enemy that doesn't play by the rules, this is a job for the U.S. military's most elite fighting unit. This is a job for the Ghosts.
Vastly Improved Multiplayer
Huge variety of modes from classic team deathmatch to the exclusive recon vs. assault.
Top-Notch Tactical Gameplay
PC-exclusive tactical maps and non-linear missions in both indoor and outdoor environments.
More Options Mean More Strategies
Your team is more customizable and has grown with the addition of a communications specialist. New team play options abound including the "bubble system," which rewards players for more cohesive teamwork.
For the first time ever, the Ghosts will defend U.S. soil from a cross-border attack, taking the fight to all-new locations. The Ghosts will battle enemies in mountain terrains, barren deserts, and even protect their home turf in El Paso, Texas. Each environment presents its own benefits and challenges and will call for fresh tactical approaches.
More Technology and Firepower
All systems have been upgraded to give players more power and control on the battlefield, including an improved Cross-Com. Cross-Com 2.0 will go full screen with the click of a button, enabling you to deliver more precise and deadly attacks.
Overhauled Graphics and AI
Battle your way through a highly realistic near-future warfare experience against a much smarter enemy. They'll try to flank your position or gain strategic vantage points in order to take you down. But don't worry - your team has your back. Their AI has been upgraded as well. They'll feed you more of the information you need with descriptive commands like "enemy spotted behind red truck ahead."
[Ubisoft]***All I can say about GRAW2 is that it's frustrating, and I get the impression it isn't as good as the original GRAW.***[b]bundle[/b] - comes with Inno3D GF 8800 GT/GTS graphics cards.
|Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts||THQ (Relic Entertainment)||2007||Latest version: 2.602 (as of 2011-05-24)
* 2.601***bundle - Bundled with Asus GeForce 8800 GT.***[b]Minimum requirements:[/b]
* CPU with SSE instruction set
* 512 MB RAM (1.1G without swap)
* 64 MB VRAM
* GPU with Shader Model 1.1 support
* 9 GB free HD space
* 1 GB RAM (1.8G without swap)
* 256 MB VRAM
* GPU with Shader Model 2.0 support***Company of Heroes : Opposing Fronts is the next chapter in the groundbreaking real-time strategy franchise from critically acclaimed studio Relic Entertainment. This standalone game features two unique armies with full length campaigns. Players will experience fast-paced dynamic tactics like never before, in two of the most brutal World War II campaigns ever fought. Take command of the tenacious British 2nd Army in the vicious battle for Caen, France, or lead the German Panzer Elite as they struggle to repel the largest airborne invasion in history.
With two intensely cinematic campaigns, mission persistence, improved vehicle AI and weather effects that directly impact the battlefield, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts supports DirectX 10 and is fully compatible with the original Company of Heroes. Battle online with these two all-new armies and utilize full compatibility with the original Company of Heroes for a total of four playable armies - allowing players to wage the ultimate war for Fortress Europe.
* Bigger – Play as the British or Germans in two intensely cinematic campaigns.
* Better looking – DX10 support and significant upgrades to the Essence Engine.
* Smarter – Improved vehicle AI and path-finding.
* More Realistic – All new weather effects directly impact the battlefield.
[Relic]***Introduces two new armies, the British 2nd and the German Panzer Elite, both with their own all new campaigns, too.
British are slow-moving and highly defensive army and apparently has movable base unlike all the other armies, as well as tank airdrop and many other interesting and unique abilities.
Panzer Elite on the other hand is a low number force of, you know, elite forces who're more suited for rushing the enemy in Blitzkrieg tactics and specializes on vehicular combat more than any other army.
Apparently You won't need to have Opposing Fronts to play against their armies after a new patch is rolled out for the original game, although you won't be able to play _as_ either of the new armies if you don't get the expansion, nor likely are you able to play the two old armies if you don't have the original, but you can still play against those who either have only the expansion or only the original even if you only have the other.
|Frontlines: Fuel of War||THQ (Kaos Studios)||2008||For up to 32, 64 or more simultaneously online.***Latest version: 1.3.0 (as of ?)***Frontlines : Fuel of War is an open-world First Person Shooter set in the next Great War. In a world ravaged by a global energy crisis, environmental decay, and economic depression, players assume the role of an elite soldier in the "Stray Dogs" strike force in the Western Coalition Army on an epic crusade against the Red Star Alliance to control the last of the world's oil reserves in the Caspian. Frontlines: Fuel of War combines intensely cinematic, non-linear game play, with next generation firepower and a revolutionary frontline combat system to deliver the most thrilling and engaging FPS to date.
* Frontline Combat System – Combat in Frontlines: Fuel of War is focused and intense, in a system that inherently promotes teamwork by creating a unified front of war. In both single player and multiplayer, players join the forces on the frontline that result in focused combat and increased intensity while allowing player choice.
* Open World Environment – Through intensely cinematic, non-linear objectives, players assume the role of an elite soldier in the Stray Dogs Division. Based upon actual locations in Central Asia, the player enters an epic campaign featuring 7 theaters of war with a climactic ending. Players can create their own path to victory with non-linear mission objectives and destructible environments. The player chips away at the battle instead of standard die and redo system.
* Next Generation Firepower – Join the future of war with over 60 vehicles and weapons based off of real military designs of the near future. From futuristic tanks and jets to remote controlled drones and sentry guns, feel the adrenaline rush of utilizing next generation firepower on the battlefield.
* Customizable Soldier System – Character customization allows you to represent your play style through character choices, weapon load out and role specialization. Upgradeable character roles encourages experimentation, increases replay value and combined with the open world environment and teamwork, provide numerous combinations to achieve objectives.
* Advanced Team Play – Supports up to 32+ players on Console and 64+ players on PC via LAN or Internet for large scale wars online utilizing shared targeting systems to promote teamwork.
* Windows XP or Vista (32/64 bit edition)
* Pentium 2.8 GHz or Athlon 2800+
* 768 MB RAM (1 GB for Vista)
* GeForce 6800 GT or Radeon X800XT
* 15 GB free HD space
* Broadband connection w/ min upload 768K (for hosting games, not playing)
* .NET Framework 1.1 or greater
* Intel Core 2 E6400 (2.13GHz) or Athlon X2 5000+
* 1.5 GB RAM
* GeForce 8600 GTX or Radeon X2600
* Sound Blaster X-Fi series soundcard