showing 4 games
|Company of Heroes||THQ (Relic Entertainment)||2006||Latest version: 2.602 (as of 2011-05-24)
|Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts||THQ (Relic Entertainment)||2007||Latest version: 2.602 (as of 2011-05-24)
* 2.601***bundle - Bundled with Asus GeForce 8800 GT.***[b]Minimum requirements:[/b]
* CPU with SSE instruction set
* 512 MB RAM (1.1G without swap)
* 64 MB VRAM
* GPU with Shader Model 1.1 support
* 9 GB free HD space
* 1 GB RAM (1.8G without swap)
* 256 MB VRAM
* GPU with Shader Model 2.0 support***Company of Heroes : Opposing Fronts is the next chapter in the groundbreaking real-time strategy franchise from critically acclaimed studio Relic Entertainment. This standalone game features two unique armies with full length campaigns. Players will experience fast-paced dynamic tactics like never before, in two of the most brutal World War II campaigns ever fought. Take command of the tenacious British 2nd Army in the vicious battle for Caen, France, or lead the German Panzer Elite as they struggle to repel the largest airborne invasion in history.
With two intensely cinematic campaigns, mission persistence, improved vehicle AI and weather effects that directly impact the battlefield, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts supports DirectX 10 and is fully compatible with the original Company of Heroes. Battle online with these two all-new armies and utilize full compatibility with the original Company of Heroes for a total of four playable armies - allowing players to wage the ultimate war for Fortress Europe.
* Bigger – Play as the British or Germans in two intensely cinematic campaigns.
* Better looking – DX10 support and significant upgrades to the Essence Engine.
* Smarter – Improved vehicle AI and path-finding.
* More Realistic – All new weather effects directly impact the battlefield.
[Relic]***Introduces two new armies, the British 2nd and the German Panzer Elite, both with their own all new campaigns, too.
British are slow-moving and highly defensive army and apparently has movable base unlike all the other armies, as well as tank airdrop and many other interesting and unique abilities.
Panzer Elite on the other hand is a low number force of, you know, elite forces who're more suited for rushing the enemy in Blitzkrieg tactics and specializes on vehicular combat more than any other army.
Apparently You won't need to have Opposing Fronts to play against their armies after a new patch is rolled out for the original game, although you won't be able to play _as_ either of the new armies if you don't get the expansion, nor likely are you able to play the two old armies if you don't have the original, but you can still play against those who either have only the expansion or only the original even if you only have the other.
|Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor||THQ (Relic Entertainment)||2009||Latest version: 2.602 (as of 2011-05-24)
* 2.601***[b]direct control[/b] - affects only firing controls, a variation on telling units where and what to attack in more personal manner. Something queued attack commands usually do in other games in less time consuming way.***2009-03-26 Gone "Gold"
?? 2009-04-08 as boxed
INT? 2009-04-09 on Steam
INT? 2009-04-10 on Impulse***Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor is a stand-alone sequel for the award winning real-time strategy game, Company of Heroes. Tales of Valor contains three campaigns based on historical events from World War II. There are a great many stories to be told from the war, and these campaigns each tell a unique and intimate tale that is translated into gripping tactical combat.
Tiger Ace is the first of the three campaigns, telling the story of The Battle of Villers Bocage over the course of three scenarios. The battle takes place in France, 1944, as Allied forces stream ashore from the beaches. A British armored column threatens to break through a gap in the German lines, but a fearsome Tiger Tank commanded by a veteran crew races forward to engage them in the town the battle was named after, Villers Bocage. Take Direct Control of your lone Tiger, invest command points in your tank crew to unlock new abilities, fight to keep your crew alive and your unit from being out flanked!
[b]Three Immersive Storylines[/b]
Take command of key soldiers and experience how they helped turn the tide of battle in some of the most historic clashes of World War II.
* Episode 1: Tiger Ace: Control Tiger Tank Ace Hauptmann Voss's highly decorated Tigergruppen against the British 7th Armored Division on D-Day in one of the most famous tank battles of WWII.
* Episode 2: Causeway:Command an American Paratrooper Company in the hours following the initial D-Day landings.
* Episode 3: Falaise Pocket: Command the Wehrmacht Army as your soldiers try and hold off the advancing Allied army.
[b]Direct Fire Control[/b]
Not only can the player's tactical and strategic decisions influence the battle, but players also directly control units on the battlefield. Players will aim, fire, and maneuver in real-time to capitalize on the changing battle conditions.
[b]Command New Units[/b]
New infantry and vehicles such as the Schwimmwagen and Staghound will be available. The Schwimmwagen is an amphibious, all-wheel drive off-road vehicle while the Staghound is a highly maneuverable 4x4 Armored Car.
[b]Conquer New Territory[/b]
New maps based on famous battles such as Villers-Bocage will be available for competitive players in the online battlefield.
[b]Three New Multiplayer Modes[/b]
New multiplayer modes to experience with your friends. Become a tank commander and square off in Panzerkrieg, choose a hero unit and join the battle to push the enemy lines in Assault, or team up and defend against waves of attackers in Stonewall.
|World of Tanks||Wargaming.net||2010||Battle tank combat with World War 2 era and later tanks, roughly from 1930s to 1950s period.***Tags no longer applicable: (only valid for older versions)
* invisible walls (removed with 8.0 version as physics engine was updated)***[b]USSR:[/b]
Light tanks: MS-1, BT-2, T-26, BT-7, T-46, A-20
Medium tanks: T-28, T-34, T-34-85, T-43, T-44
Heavy tanks: KV, KV-1S, KV-3, IS, IS-3, IS-4, IS-7
Tank destroyers: AT-1, SU-76, SU-85B, SU-85, SU-100, SU-152, ISU-152
SPGs: SU-18, SU-26, SU-5, SU-8, S-51, SU-14
Premium*: M3 Stuart, Valentine, A-32, Churchill, KV-220, Matilda
Light tanks: Leichttraktor, PzKpfw 35 (t), PzKpfw II, PzKpfw 38 (t), PzKpfw II Luchs, PzKpfw III Ausf. A, VK 1602 Leopard
Medium tanks: PzKpfw III, PzKpfw III/IV, PzKpfw IV, VK 3001 (H), VK 3001 (P), VK 3601 (H), VK 3002 (DB), PzKpfw V Panther
Heavy tanks: PzKpfw VI Tiger, PzKpfw VIB Tiger II, VK 4502 (P) Ausf. B, Maus
Tank destroyers: Panzerjäger I, Marder II, Hetzer, StuG III, JagdPz IV, Jagdpanther, Ferdinand, Jagdtiger
SPGs: Sturmpanzer I Bison, Sturmpanzer II, Wespe, Grille, Hummel
Premium*: PzKpfw 38H735 (f), PzKpfw B2 740(f), PzKpfw S35 739 (f), PzKpfw V-IV, PzKpfw V-IV Alpha
Light tanks: T1 Cunningham, M2 Light Tank, M3 Stuart, M5 Stuart
Medium tanks: T2 Medium Tank, M2 Medium Tank, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M7, M4A3E8 Sherman, T20, T23
Heavy tanks: T1 Heavy, M6, T29, T32, T34, T30
SPGs: T57, M37, M7 Priest, M41
Premium*: T2 Light Tank, Ram-II, T-14
* only available with microtransactions and are outside of the tech tree***[b]World of Tanks[/b] is a team-based massively multiplayer online action game dedicated to armored warfare. Throw yourself into the epic tank battles of World War II with other steel cowboys all over the world. Your arsenal includes more than 150 armored vehicles from America, Germany, and the Soviet Union, carefully detailed with historical accuracy.
A flexible system of authentic vehicle upgrade and development allows you to try any of the vehicles and weapons in the game. Whether you prefer to exhaust your foes with fast and maneuverable light tanks, make deep breaches in enemy lines with all-purpose medium tanks, use the force of giant tanks to eliminate opposing armored forces, or become a heavy sniper with long-range howitzers, each unit type has its own advantages and can be extremely effective when operated by a true tank ace.
But being a great tank commander alone isn't enough to win! In the World of Tanks, it’s all about teamwork. Victory is achieved by combining your combat skills with those of the other members of your team, each playing their own role on the battlefield. Just add your favorite strategy to build your own iron empire and manifest the indisputable authority of the tank power!
[b]The Ultimate Armored Warfare Experience[/b]
Dive into intense tank-on-tank combat to enjoy an amazing new battlefield experience with a balance of multiple genres. A unique blend of these "ingredients," supported by top-notch graphics and stunning audiovisual effects, provides endless challenge and excitement.
[b]Simulator[/b]. Authentic models and vehicle characteristics make you feel like a real tank commander taking part in a furious armored offensive.
[b]RPG[/b]. Your armored steed isn't just a tin can on tracks - it’s a living, evolving mechanism that should be treated accordingly. Research your available upgrades and modifications to enhance its performance on the battlefield.
[b]Action[/b]. Take part in joint operations to spot, track, and destroy enemy units and engage in head-to-head duels where your speed and reaction time is as important as in any co-op shooter.
[b]Strategy[/b]. There’s only one simple rule to follow - don't be a hero. Rally your comrades to devise a battle plan and assign roles, then move out and defeat your enemy on the field of honor.
[b]Dynamic Combat System[/b]
New players jump into battle in less than a minute to take part in short, decisive combat actions designed to ensure fast and action-oriented warfare. As you are thrown onto the battlefield, you must be bold, decisive, and flexible to succeed in the maelstrom of iron and fire.
[b]Epic Tank Clashes[/b]
Intense battles with up to 60 combat vehicles unfold on enormous and detailed battlefields featuring a variety of terrain from open fields with hills and forests to deserts and industrial zones. The terrain offers a wide scope for tactical decisions from aggressive fast-paced thrusts to elaborate flanking operations and diversionary attacks.
[b]Deep Squad-based Gameplay[/b]
Out to conquer the world? Then our highly addictive squad-based gameplay is your ultimate goal. Countless new lands and territories let you show off your teamwork - the key to victory. The distribution and timely accomplishment of tasks and objectives within your squad gives you a critical advantage over your disorganized rivals.***[b]Minimum:[/b]
* 2 GHz CPU
* 1 GB RAM
* 128 MB VRAM
* GeForce 6600 GT GPU
* 2 GB HD Space
* 128 Kbps (16 KB/s) internet connection
* 3 GHz CPU
* 2 GB RAM
* 256 MB VRAM
* GeForce 8600 GT
* 3 GHz dual-core CPU
* 512 MB VRAM
* GeForce 9800 GPU
* 1024 Kbps (128 KB/s) internet connection