Strategy sub-genre where the player controls the game on large scale, often acting as a god of some sort or with no specific character, where player attempts to interact with and influence a number of autonomous individuals.
The first video game about God game was released in 1981.
* Godling protagonist
* City building – likely has minor traits of city building games, usually in form of building monuments, totems, or similar.
* Sandbox – most god games can be presumed to be sandbox games or have sandbox mode
* No direct minion control
* Terraforming or otherwise altering the environment in significant gameplay impacting ways. Either directly or via influencing other beings (minions, followers, etc.).
* Followers (religious ones) who worship the protagonist
* Protagonist actually appears in the gameworld as a regular entity
Child groupDungeon Keeper-like
Related groupsGame genre
compare with these groups