A horror game series and franchise by Capcom, involving megacorps and secret biowarfare research into monstrous bioweapons.
Alternate names: BioHazard, バイオハザード
The first video game about Resident Evil was released on March 22, 1996.
Capcom has published all these games
* Raccoon City, a fictional city in North America near Arklay Mountains. Origin of the T-Virus outbreak in 1998, destroyed in October the same year in nuclear strike by the U.S. government.
* Arklay Mountains, a fictional mountain range in North America, near or around Raccoon City.
* B.O.W. (Bio-Organic Weapon)
* Umbrella Corporation - original creators of the T-virus
* S.T.A.R.S. (Special Tactics And Rescue Service)
* WilPharma - a company that became involved by hiring a former Umbrella scientist and giving him full reign of a research facility
* TriCell - last known company known to dabble in the virii by purchasing the bankrupt WilPharma
* The "Organization" - a poorly identified group that has appeared in less prominent role over the series, though its agents (Wesker and Ada) are better known.
Mutagens/Parasites: (and their more popularly known products)
* Progenitor (found in Africa)
* T-Virus (derived from Progenitor)
... Tyrant (including Nemesis)
... Ivy / Plant 42
* G-Virus (derived from T-virus?)
* Las Plagas (a mind-controlling parasite found in Spain)
* Progenitor Las Plagas (Progenitor virus enhanced Las Plagas)
* Monsters (pretty much anything that isn't a zombie)
Implied: (not enforceable)
* Mutants (the non-rotting subjects)
* Human experiments (Tyrants and others)
* Survival horror (there are non survival horror games in the series now)
* Outbreak (Umbrella has some serious containment issues)
Child groupsResident Evil: Outbreak, Resident Evil: Survivor, Resident Evil: Chronicles, Resident Evil: Main series
compare with these groups
Most popular charactersAda Wong, Fong Ling, Alexia Ashford, Dario Rosso, Chris Redfield, Rebecca Chambers, Morpheus Duvall, Vincent Goldman, Ben Bertolucci, Annette Birkin, William Birkin, Jill Valentine, Lott Klein, Yoko Suzuki, Brian Irons
(view all the 59 "Resident Evil " characters)
|A||1997 - Biohazard: The Beginning (novel)|
|B||2000 - Biohazard 4D-Executer (CGI short)|
|C||2002 - Resident Evil (Movie)|
|D||2004 - Resident Evil: Apocalypse (film)|
|E||2007 - Resident Evil: Extinction (film)|
|F||2008 - Resident Evil: Degeneration (CGI film)|
|G||2010 - Resident Evil: Afterlife (film)|
|H||2012 - Resident Evil: Retribution film|
|I||2016 - Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (Movie)|